Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
swampwater77

The boys soccer team and coach

9 comments in this topic

Members
63 posts
21,454 battles

All 12 boys and the coach have been safely rescued from the cave in Thailand. Only need to get all the support divers out and the rescue will be complete.

• Cool 3

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Yea, read it! Really good news that all of them made it out safely. Sadly one diver died during the operation.

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,104 battles

Crazy how that whole event even transpired in the first place.  Was good to see the global community come together in support.

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,686 battles

What struck me about the rescue is that someone

a) Found the team

b) (quickly) Thought of a way to get them out

c) Made the plan work

All in the space of a few days.

That's ingenuity!

[WOSV]
Members
331 posts
2,208 battles

Oh good! They got them out. Thank God.

But, there is one lingering question: How did a youth soccer team in Thailand get stuck in a cave during a flood? I heard that they were forced back in the cave due to the flood waters, but what were they doing in the cave in the first place? I don't wanna sound mean or anything, but it just seems odd, doesn't it? How does something like that happen?

Beta Testers
9,092 posts
11 hours ago, Halonut24 said:

Oh good! They got them out. Thank God.

But, there is one lingering question: How did a youth soccer team in Thailand get stuck in a cave during a flood? I heard that they were forced back in the cave due to the flood waters, but what were they doing in the cave in the first place? I don't wanna sound mean or anything, but it just seems odd, doesn't it? How does something like that happen?

Its kind of an initiation rite for Thai sports teams to go as deep into the cave as possible, maybe to test their manhood, teamwork, guts, and skill.   This so happened to went horribly wrong.  

Edited by Eisennagel

[WOSV]
Members
331 posts
2,208 battles
3 hours ago, Eisennagel said:

Its kind of an initiation rite for Thai sports teams to go as deep into the cave as possible, maybe to test their manhood, teamwork, guts, and skill.   This so happened to went horribly wrong.  

I did not know that. Thanks for the insight. It makes sense now with that context.

Sign in to follow this