You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Carl

British Torp Changes and an Emerald Buff!!!

76 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,961 posts
1,487 battles

Not sure exactly what it changes with the british DD's,  not clear on all the concelement changes but i think it fixes most.

And an Emerald buff. At last...

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
398 posts
5,675 battles

ST. Balance changes. British ships.

Changed the range for the British torpedo MK VII (installed on the cruiser Emerald, Leander, destroyers Jervis, Icarus):
Range increased from 6 to 7km.

British cruiser Emerald:
Surface Detectability Range reduced from 11.52 to 10.18 km;
Surface Detectability Range after shooting from smoke reduced from 5.4 to 4.56 km.
Changes are designed to increase the average life time and, accordingly, the overall effectiveness in combat.

Researchable British destroyers, II-X tier:
Removed the consumable "Engine Boost". The change is intended to emphasize the role of "defensive" and relatively slow destroyers, that have wide-radius smoke screens and Hydroacoustic Search.

British Destroyer Lightning:
Fixed a bug with an incorrect parameter for reloading Main Battery. The indicator was reduced from 6 to 5 seconds.

As part of testing the British destroyer Cossack, the following parameters have been changed:
Surface Detectability Range increased from 6.49 to 6.97 km.
Surface Detectability Range after shooting from smoke increased from 2.31 to 2.48 km.
The angles of the guns of the Main Battery were changed:
1 turret - added 58 degrees in total;
2 turret - added the ability to rotate 360 degrees;
3 turret - no change;
4 turret - added 36 degrees in total.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,961 posts
1,487 battles
2 minutes ago, Noble_Taipan said:

ST. Balance changes. British ships.

Changed the range for the British torpedo MK VII (installed on the cruiser Emerald, Leander, destroyers Jervis, Icarus):
Range increased from 6 to 7km.

British cruiser Emerald:
Surface Detectability Range reduced from 11.52 to 10.18 km;
Surface Detectability Range after shooting from smoke reduced from 5.4 to 4.56 km.
Changes are designed to increase the average life time and, accordingly, the overall effectiveness in combat.

Researchable British destroyers, II-X tier:
Removed the consumable "Engine Boost". The change is intended to emphasize the role of "defensive" and relatively slow destroyers, that have wide-radius smoke screens and Hydroacoustic Search.

British Destroyer Lightning:
Fixed a bug with an incorrect parameter for reloading Main Battery. The indicator was reduced from 6 to 5 seconds.

As part of testing the British destroyer Cossack, the following parameters have been changed:
Surface Detectability Range increased from 6.49 to 6.97 km.
Surface Detectability Range after shooting from smoke increased from 2.31 to 2.48 km.
The angles of the guns of the Main Battery were changed:
1 turret - added 58 degrees in total;
2 turret - added the ability to rotate 360 degrees;
3 turret - no change;
4 turret - added 36 degrees in total.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Too slow old man.

But still cheers for trying :Smile_great:.

• Bad 1

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Torpedo and concealment buff, huh? 

Makes me wonder if they'll give hydro to Campbeltown? :cap_book:

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
7 minutes ago, Carl said:

Too slow old man.

I prefer his to yours, there is that though...

Yours lacked the info and would have made lazy me click on the dev blog.

:p

Cossacks stealth is changed, and RN DD are already getting nerfs. 

Edited by Canadatron
  • Cool 1

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
398 posts
5,675 battles
7 minutes ago, Carl said:

Too slow old man.

I didn't see the link in your initial post

Observations

The range increase to 7km for the MKVII torpedo is not going to do much for Jervis nor Icarus as, to me, Jervis is still a worse version of Gadjah Mada and Icarus a worse version of Gallant.

I don't understand what they mean by 'defensive'. By the sounds of it they would like RN DDs to play like RN CLs. Why? In fact, if you want them to be defensive, why not give them a heal? 

Also, they are not relatively slow destroyers, they are slow destroyers. Speed boost would at least give them a chance to get out of trouble if needs be. 

Lightning's reload of 6 seconds is historically accurate but I'm not going to complain about a buff. 

Cossack's changes look good. The concealment nerf seems reasonable, bringing its best concealment down to 5.5km. Also happy with the improved firing angles and B turret being able to rotate 360 degrees. Hope to see it in game soon. 

Edited by Noble_Taipan

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,256 battles
9 minutes ago, Noble_Taipan said:

Well, then. That does add a completely different slant to destroyers.

Very pleased for the Emerald buffs, though. I still have her, and still occasionally take her out. This will give me more incentive to do so.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
2 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

DD's without spood beast?  Um, no.

But you get to be slow and defensive! 

[4HIM]
Members
1,804 posts
4,072 battles
Just now, Canadatron said:

But you get to be slow and defensive! 

You mean, hang around the back of the map with the rest of the BB's? :Smile_playing:

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
Just now, ZARDOZ_II said:

You mean, hang around the back of the map with the rest of the BB's? :Smile_playing:

BB/DD hybrid playstyle. Those arcs are going to make it tough though at 15km out. Fire your torps and guns at the same time and the torps hit first.

[4HIM]
Members
1,804 posts
4,072 battles
Just now, Canadatron said:

BB/DD hybrid playstyle. Those arcs are going to make it tough though at 15km out. Fire your torps and guns at the same time and the torps hit first.

Or, add in 'head for the ram' and shells get there 3rd.  Hope none of your shells get stuck in the Space Station.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
Just now, ZARDOZ_II said:

Or, add in 'head for the ram' and shells get there 3rd.  Hope none of your shells get stuck in the Space Station.

If you ram you get 100% of the other ships HP pool back for yourself. That's kinda like a heal, right?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
21 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

DD's without spood beast?  Um, no.

Yes, apparently DDs are now going to be slower, except for Russian DDs, which will be getting a speed boost any day now.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,961 posts
1,487 battles

They're pushing people to use the hydro. Makes sense but I'm not convinced it's gonna work.

P.s no worries on missing the link:Smile-_tongue:.

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

i was getting all excited for the British DDs too. why do they have to do this to literally every British line? just make them normal, WG.

• Cool 1

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,087 posts
7,644 battles

Wargaming, just put hydro and engine boost in the same slot for crying out loud.

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles

Looks like I am going to collecting free XP to avoid the grind for RN DDs, especially with the changes to Cossack as a premium (which I don't intend to buy, having Haida-one meh poorly balanced Tribal is enough!). Since I have Gallant, Icarus gets a pass, and since I don't keep anything below T5 that is not a Premium, T2 to T6 will be grind and sell out as I go using one captain to go to T7 and up. The devs always screw it up with RN ships....

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,844 posts
10,629 battles
1 hour ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Don't they do that now anyway because of that evil Radar thing? LOL

• Funny 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,246 posts
1,836 battles
1 hour ago, Seraphil said:

Wargaming, just put hydro and engine boost in the same slot for crying out loud.

That is what they did.  The general response was “That hydro looks interesting, but weak. Take the speed boost.”

Having to choose between the two was resulting in players saying, and it looks like testers actually doing it, they wouldn’t use the special hydro.

The solution is to put them in separate slots.  Removing speed boost means the RN DDs will not be able to get out of trouble, nor will they be able to push an advantage and finish any enemy DD off as reliably.

[SBS]
Members
2,475 posts
2,253 battles

No speed boost isn't going to work.  DDs need speed boost to survive radar.  WG is trying to pull a fast one on us, like we're too stupid to know any better.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,256 battles

Stop it, people. For God's freaking sake, just stop it. 

Take the tinfoil hats off and address the issues in a polite manner that is free of hostility and paranoia. This is still an in-development thing, and it CAN be changed if we don't go out of our way to antagonise the people doing the programming.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,961 posts
1,487 battles

6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Stop it, people. For God's freaking sake, just stop it. 

Take the tinfoil hats off and address the issues in a polite manner that is free of hostility and paranoia. This is still an in-development thing, and it CAN be changed if we don't go out of our way to antagonise the people doing the programming.

Sadly DD's and a lack of tinfoil don't really go together for far too many.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,489 posts
3,435 battles

Personally, the lack of Speed Boost seems reasonable. Moreso if they're going to end up with better HE and/or AP (or only AP like their CL friends but impressive RoF). It's still really early in testing, but single-fire torps and a penchant for buffed HE or AP or both seems likely for the line.