You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

DEV BLOG: ST, NOOOO DON'T TOUCH MY ALSACE (also Henri and J Bart lookin' like FXP joy)

122 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,573 posts
25,660 battles

ST. Balance changes. French ships.

The French cruiser Henri IV. A test variant of the ship will be added to the game.
The consumable "Main Gun Reload Booster" has been added with the following characteristics:
Reload Time of the Main Caliber -50%;
Duration 15 s;
Cooldown 120 s and 80 s for Main Gun Reload Booster II;
Charges 2 and 3 for Main Gun Reload Booster II;
Main goal of the new consumable is to grant players of the ship a temporary boost for a small period of time to reload main guns and fire a final salvo.

The French battleship Jean Bart:
The tier was raised from VIII to IX. The ship's characteristics are changed to match the new tier.
The sigma parameter is increased from 1.8 to 2.0;
The reload time of the Main Battery is reduced from 30 to 26 s;
The parameters of the consumable "Repair party" have been changed:
Number of charges: increased from 1 (2 for Repair party II) to 3 (4);
Cooldown: reduced from 120 (80 for Repair party II) to 60 seconds (40 seconds).

The French battleship Alsace:
Increased the reload time of the Main Battery from 30 to 32 s;
Reduced the value of sigma from 1.7 to 1.6.
The ship has a rather high average damage rating, while being on the same tier for the other parameters with tier IX battleships.

The French cruiser Emile Bertin:
Increased the reload time of the Main Battery from 12 to 13 s.
Torpedoes 550-mm DT replaced by 550-mm 19D with the following characteristics:
Reload time: 84 s;
Damage from the torpedo: 12 233;
Torpedo speed: 57 knots;
Range: 6 km.
Possessing a specific armor scheme, guns with good ballistics and torpedoes with a long range, the ship showed excessive efficiency. Changes are necessary in order to bring the ship to balance at her tier.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 1

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,590 battles

So obviously Izumo and FDG are used as the balance standard for T9 tech tree ships.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[INTEL]
Members
8,573 posts
25,660 battles

Jean Bart raised to T9? Bet its going to be an FXP ship. Can't wait to get it. 

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,315 battles

The Alsace nerf is pretty disappointing. Was it a strong tier IX? Absolutely, no doubt about it. However it didn’t feel unfair to fight. Wouldn’t it be better to try and buff the two underperforming BBs, Izumo and De Grose, rather than nerfing a ship that as far as I can tell no one was calling out as being OP?

• Cool 6

Alpha Tester
1,959 posts

Aww, no Operation Hermes for Jean Bart then. :Smile_sad:

And didn't WG say they didn't want another free XP BB?

[CS7]
Members
75 posts
5,060 battles
20 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

The Alsace nerf is pretty disappointing. Was it a strong tier IX? Absolutely, no doubt about it. However it didn’t feel unfair to fight. Wouldn’t it be better to try and buff the two underperforming BBs, Izumo and De Grose, rather than nerfing a ship that as far as I can tell no one was calling out as being OP?

Hopefully they will consider that. Or at least just pick one nerf rather than both reload and sigma.

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,358 battles
2 hours ago, Exciton8964 said:

So obviously Izumo and FDG are used as the balance standard for T9 tech tree ships.

Tier 9 Tech tree ships are not allowed to be good, they Messed up and made it something people like to play.

[CAST]
Members
1,196 posts
7,363 battles

Alsace was a nice T9.  I'm glad I finished my grind so this won't affect me.  It was going to sit in my port on my list of pretty good ships.  Not so sure if I'll keep it with the nerf.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,315 battles
1 minute ago, HazardDrake said:

Oh no, 2 seconds. The ship is ruined... :Smile_smile:

Also dispersion nerf. But even if it was only the reload nerf, the ship didn’t seem like a big issue. The more glaring problem is the two underperforming BBs.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,573 posts
25,660 battles
16 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

Also dispersion nerf. But even if it was only the reload nerf, the ship didn’t seem like a big issue. The more glaring problem is the two underperforming BBs.

Exactly. Nerfing the Alsace won't make Izumo and Freddie competitive. It will just make the Alsace slightly less of a damage machine, from a T9.5 to a T9.2 BB. 

Meanwhile Izumo and Fred will still be T8.7 BBs. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles

NO! Leave Alsace alone. WG what are you thinking??? Why mess with a good well balanced ship people actually enjoy playing? No one calls it OP just good. It's ok for a ship to be good. Leave it alone. Spend your time working on ships that suck. You have plenty of those in game including at T9 BB. 

Why must people always try to fix what isn't broken???

:Smile-angry:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 11
  • Bad 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,251 posts
10,669 battles

Why do so much at once.  Do the nerf to either the Sigma or Reload time, test it thoroughly and see what results are then do the other nerf if necessary.  In other words do one or the other but not both.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,486 posts
3,435 battles

Jean Bart being moved up to T9 makes sense. All they need to do now is give her the same secondary range as Alsace or Republique, and better TDS given she got a bigger bulge than Richelieu.

As for Alsace herself, she doesn't really need the nerfs, but if they had to go through with them, the only one of them. Either a sigma loss, or a reload loss. Not both. She still only has 15" guns vs plenty of mostly immune cruisers and BBs at that tier, only lethal on careless broadsides or easily bounced.

Emile on the other hand, was long overdue for a bit of a nerf. She's been a good seal-clubber, or so I'm told.

On the other side of things, FdG and Izumo really should be buffed (or outright overhauled/redone in Izumo's case). Not nerf Alsace. FdG could at least use a tighter sigma/accuracy set simply because she only has 8x guns vs 9~12x guns on others, and some adjustment to her secondaries (maybe a bit more? GK could also stand to gain a few too) OR her armoring. Izumo could stand to be rebuilt with the all-forward facing, Nelson-style turret layout, or the more classic ABX J-design variant. Basically a Yamato with a conventional citadel and with 9x 16" guns instead of 18" guns (that also traverse faster due to less armoring; could even reuse Izumo's turrets, their soft turret armor being a weakpoint). Lion is fine because of that ridiculous HE, though if WG wanted, they could mess around with her and offer an alternate 3x twin 457mm gun options with slightly better accuracy than Conqueror's 457s.

• Cool 4

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,783 posts
9,801 battles

I will be intetested of how the nerf to the EB will be like. What excessive high damage they claimed?

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
150 posts
2,738 battles

well i guess i can sell my Alsace if that going to happen........ communist style of game balancing equality for everyone

[LUCK]
Members
1,297 posts
19,526 battles
34 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Why mess with a good well balanced ship people actually enjoy playing?

Because its not Russian?

Expect a copy paste of the pre-Nerf Alsace as the T8 Russian BB when introduced.

[INTEL]
Members
8,573 posts
25,660 battles
16 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

Jean Bart being moved up to T9 makes sense. All they need to do now is give her the same secondary range as Alsace or Republique, and better TDS given she got a bigger bulge than Richelieu.

Yes, will get this bote as  soon as it becomes available. 

16 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

As for Alsace herself, she doesn't really need the nerfs, but if they had to go through with them, the only one of them. Either a sigma loss, or a reload loss. Not both. She still only has 15" guns vs plenty of mostly immune cruisers and BBs at that tier, only lethal on careless broadsides or easily bounced.

That is my feeling as well. 

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,315 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Yes, will get this bote as  soon as it becomes available. 

That is my feeling as well. 

She also struggles in the HE spam meta as her armor is incredibly weak against it.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,826 posts
9,575 battles
39 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

NO! Leave Alsace alone. WG what are you thinking??? Why mess with a good well balanced ship people actually enjoy playing?

Doing both changes at the same time is bad, but calling the ship “balanced” is a stretch IMHO. 

• Bad 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,486 posts
3,435 battles

Meanwhile, Russian Bias in full glory; many of the VMF DDs get a buff to traverse, and Tash gets Khab's guns. Also Chapayev now gets Radar on the A Hull, not that that part matters much for anyone. Like, the slow traverse for VMF DDs was the only real penalty for all that nice BALANSTM of speed, armor, consumable selection, and gun performance.

On the other side, Akizuki is given one buff, then 4 nerfs (which aside from rudder shift aren't all that bad). Sure, it makes Kitakaze look better, but Kitakaze is still 0.7kt short of her designed specs and Akizuki herself is already a slow and easy target.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Boring 1

[KEGEL]
Members
109 posts
5,414 battles
20 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

NO! Leave Alsace alone. WG what are you thinking??? Why mess with a good well balanced ship people actually enjoy playing? No one calls it OP just good. It's ok for a ship to be good. Leave it alone. Spend your time working on ships that suck. You have plenty of those in game including at T9 BB. 

Why must people always try to fix what isn't broken???

:Smile-angry:

Agreed.

The only tier 9 BB that didn't completely suck to grind. 

Fat Freddy - awful.

Lion - mediocre is being polite.

Izumo - tragic by most accounts not that I'd know because I skipped it.

Iowa - ok probably not as terrible as the 3 above judging by the Mo. Still grinding the NC.

Totally pissed I blew dubs on the perma-camo. Want a refund if the Alsace nerfs go thru.

(Off to corner to have a tantrum & a sulk)

:Smile_sad:

• Funny 1