You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GuntherPrein

Ok the CV synch drops have gotta stop WG

53 comments in this topic

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,647 battles

Yeah its happening a lot had 3 games tonight against trip divs with a CV and 100% positive each one was a synch drop I mean how do you get 19% win rate after just under 100 games in a Midway?? That was the average of those players I know where doing it while the other CV had a remarkable 80% win rate  I am going to start saving replays and sending tickets its pretty obvious when your teams CV ONLY ATTACKS THE WORCESTER IN THE RED'S CV  DIV THE WHOLE GAME GIVING HIM 70 + PLANE KILLS NO MATTER HOW HARD IT IS TO GET TO HIM........   Its the only class you can do this with and I am getting to the point of just leaving the match when I see those type of stats because its a freaking landslide victory for red CV's team and its cheating plain and simple

• Cool 22
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[FARQD]
Members
382 posts
6,245 battles

I guess this has come up a lot but nothing has been done about it maybe because WG is greedy. They don't mind those '100' games when the 'alt' account had spent money to get to a tier 10 CV. I am not sure if a player would have the patience to do it for free on the alt account :)

• Boring 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,472 battles

I'm glad we're getting a bunch of high quality threads tonight. Makes excellent material to read before I hang myself because of the stupidity of 90% of the play base

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,278 battles

I've reported 1 and checking the alt account later, it hadn't played a game since that report for 6 straight months before it started playing again. (report in January, started playing again 2 weeks ago), but the main account is still going strong. I couldn't care less about the alt account, ban the main account, WG...image.thumb.png.0668314fdd1bcc4b621b3b1260c87769.png

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 3

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,647 battles
9 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

I guess this has come up a lot but nothing has been done about it maybe because WG is greedy. They don't mind those '100' games when the 'alt' account had spent money to get to a tier 10 CV. I am not sure if a player would have the patience to do it for free on the alt account :)

yes I just looked up the stats of one of those players and yeah that's exactly what he has done 0 games in any CV but Midway and the other account lines up with his win rate by 3% lol

Edited by GuntherPrein
  • Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,647 battles
7 minutes ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

I'm glad we're getting a bunch of high quality threads tonight. Makes excellent material to read before I hang myself because of the stupidity of 90% of the play base

ok sure if you say so.....  have fun in the after life don't really care wut you decide to do honestly

Members
150 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

I've reported 1 and checking the alt account later, it hadn't played a game since that report for 6 straight months before it started playing again. (report in January, started playing again 2 weeks ago), but the main account is still going strong. I couldn't care less about the alt account, ban the main account, WG...image.thumb.png.0668314fdd1bcc4b621b3b1260c87769.png

100% agree with this. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,746 battles
18 hours ago, GuntherPrein said:

Yeah its happening a lot had 3 games tonight against trip divs with a CV and 100% positive each one was a synch drop I mean how do you get 19% win rate after just under 100 games in a Midway?? That was the average of those players I know where doing it while the other CV had a remarkable 80% win rate  I am going to start saving replays and sending tickets its pretty obvious when your teams CV ONLY ATTACKS THE WORCESTER IN THE RED'S CV  DIV THE WHOLE GAME GIVING HIM 70 + PLANE KILLS NO MATTER HOW HARD IT IS TO GET TO HIM........   Its the only class you can do this with and I am getting to the point of just leaving the match when I see those type of stats because its a freaking landslide victory for red CV's team and its cheating plain and simple

Dont' bother. WG permits widely known and proven botters to play hundreds of games in high tier CVs. They like that, it produces collapses that get players back in queue quicker.

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
670 posts
12,389 battles

I play CV too / need it for that campaign/ and yes plaing against div unicurum CV players with 2000+ games is so frustrating. 

I hope WG will fix that CV problem this year

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,894 posts
12,629 battles

@GuntherPrein A simple solution Synch Drop with your buds. If it works for them then it should for you! How the heck would WG be able to prevent this anyway? After all randomness is at work here and it is not 100% certain that every synch drop is going to result in ones friends divisions being placed in the same match on the same side. Personally I would love to see 4 divisions of mates synch dropped into a battle on the same side and even better would be for both sides to have this happen. Imagine 4 cvs per side! Awesome! @Radar_X How about this? It would be Awesome! Let the Haters Hate this would be Great!

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,417 posts
9,606 battles

During low CV population, it's a given thing that sync-dropping two CVs can end up on opposite sides.  The mechanics are there.

Stray accounts......   Folks leave the game.  Folks DIE.  Old accounts come up for sale on Ebay and Craigs List.

So..  they buy one with a Midway...  hmmm..  what to do?  For what purpose?

Yup.  You are seeing the purpose right there.

----->  Wish I could see who down-votes this.  They are the ones doing it.  After all, the first goal is to ruin the reputation of those reporting the problem.  It's not like these folks have any moral values at all.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles
29 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

During low CV population, it's a given thing that sync-dropping two CVs can end up on opposite sides.  The mechanics are there.

Stray accounts......   Folks leave the game.  Folks DIE.  Old accounts come up for sale on Ebay and Craigs List.

So..  they buy one with a Midway...  hmmm..  what to do?  For what purpose?

Yup.  You are seeing the purpose right there.

----->  Wish I could see who down-votes this.  They are the ones doing it.  After all, the first goal is to ruin the reputation of those reporting the problem.  It's not like these folks have any moral values at all.

Real Money is reason they want to sell old accounts, they spend lot of time on old accounts and want to use time on account, why not sell old accounts they are not going to use it to help out in reality as money do had value more than game itself as it's dont paid bill, meanwhile one who want buy it want best in little time, money and time in real world is more value than game itself, that's what mostly likely purpose is.

[P2W]
Members
719 posts
5 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Reporting alt accounts results in nothing from WG, there are several alt accounts I have reported being in game and on the forums for months.

Those accounts are still playing and posting openly even when they have their alt listed in their signature.

xmjWh_zps750e28d4.gif

Members
763 posts
15,831 battles

@GuntherPrein, if this is a strong enough issue that it gives you reason 'drop out' of the match at the beginning, as it certainly has driven you to the forums to complain, why not ratchet it up and withhold any further money to Wargaming. If they allow this spoilage of the game, why should you pay for the spoil? As a company, WG understands most everything in terms of how it affects its bottom line (where the TOTALs are). Also, make your resolution known in forums so that IF they track such objections and revenue drops, this issue will show up as one item to visit.

Due to my own objections to some game mechanics, I've ceased paying anything to WG coffers, and I'm still enjoying the game. When I encounter the objectionable mechanic, I smile rather than rage, knowing that my resolve has simply been bolstered by its reappearance (and the money saved goes toward a trip to Italy and a transatlantic cruise later this year with Mrs. theLaalaa!).

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,647 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@GuntherPrein A simple solution Synch Drop with your buds. If it works for them then it should for you! How the heck would WG be able to prevent this anyway? After all randomness is at work here and it is not 100% certain that every synch drop is going to result in ones friends divisions being placed in the same match on the same side. Personally I would love to see 4 divisions of mates synch dropped into a battle on the same side and even better would be for both sides to have this happen. Imagine 4 cvs per side! Awesome! @Radar_X How about this? It would be Awesome! Let the Haters Hate this would be Great!

Only prob with that is I don't like to cheat so don't do it

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,894 posts
12,629 battles

@GuntherPrein If it is cheating WG would boot those reported and found and proven to be doing so! Try it You just might like it!

• Boring 1

[P2W]
Members
719 posts
14 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@GuntherPrein If it is cheating WG would boot those reported and found and proven to be doing so! Try it You just might like it!

No, they will not.

I have reported Players/Posters that have their Main Account listed in the signature of their post and WG does nothing about it.

• Bad 1

[SBS]
Members
2,485 posts
2,253 battles

I don't like the blatant cheating like the OP saw.  There is another side to this sort of thing that's a little less malicious.  CV players can have a hard time getting matches so they have a friend jump into a CV so they can get a match.  I ran into this a few ranked seasons ago when playing at lower population hours.  They weren't cheating per se, but the one guy wasn't a CV player.  The account the non-CV player was using was clearly the alt account of the CV main, and it had the same of the real CV player with a 2 added onto the end.  I'd guess the CV player made an alt account, got a few CVs and then lets his buddies use the account to so he can get to play when their aren't any CVs in the queue.  The non-CV player wasn't trying to throw the match, it's just that he wasn't any good. 

I can understand the frustration of waiting in the queue for ever so I don't want to be too hard on these guys.  Just don't do it in ranked.  I can't wait for the rework so we hopefully won't have these problems any more. 

• Funny 1

Members
280 posts
34 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I don't like the blatant cheating like the OP saw.  There is another side to this sort of thing that's a little less malicious.  CV players can have a hard time getting matches so they have a friend jump into a CV so they can get a match.  I ran into this a few ranked seasons ago when playing at lower population hours.  They weren't cheating per se, but the one guy wasn't a CV player.  The account the non-CV player was using was clearly the alt account of the CV main, and it had the same of the real CV player with a 2 added onto the end.  I'd guess the CV player made an alt account, got a few CVs and then lets his buddies use the account to so he can get to play when their aren't any CVs in the queue.  The non-CV player wasn't trying to throw the match, it's just that he wasn't any good. 

I can understand the frustration of waiting in the queue for ever so I don't want to be too hard on these guys.  Just don't do it in ranked.  I can't wait for the rework so we hopefully won't have these problems any more. 

LOL, whatever you need to tell yourself. You should be Hillary's lawyer.

[PVE]
Members
384 posts
8,664 battles

I do my part when I get stuck in one of these sync drops > I immediately go back to port when it becomes obvious that the CV's are sync dropping.

That way the cheaters don't get the satisfaction of trolling real players and hopefully the match ends before they can farm too much dmg. Plus I then don't have to waste my time playing a fixed unwinnable match.

---Funny how we get crickets from the moderators and devs on this issue---

And it's a big problem. I would say about a quarter of my high tier CV games are sync droppers where one CV on either team attacks while the other circles planes until the very end of the match.

It's to the point that when I have a CV battle in tier 8+ I wonder if they are sync-dropping while the match loads. I get extra suspicious if one team has a CV division and the other doesn't.

I have thought of a solution. Stagger the match search for opposing CV's by 30 seconds when two hit battle within 5 seconds of each other. I know it's not a perfect idea because it will lengthen search times a bit more but

CV MM is slow normally so 30 seconds (or even just 15) shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Bad 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
900 posts
5,986 battles

@GuntherPrein  Can you send me a private message with an unedited screenshot and replay file for the match you are referring to?

Please refrain from discussing anything further on this topic as my team investigates this case.

@Rabbitt81 I try to manage the Forums to the best of my ability. My sincere and profound apologies to you and to everyone in the Fleet that feels that I am not being proactive enough to protect the community from toxicity.

There are over 300 active threads at any given time and over 1000 posts among them. 

Therefore I rely on the Fleet for advanced intel gathering regarding toxicity, game violations, and any other actions detrimental to the game experience for playing World of Warships. You are the first line of defense against actions and behavior that harm your fellow shipmates and I ask for your assistance to help curb this.

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction." - John F. Kennedy, US Navy

#anchorsaweigh

1015450271.png

• Cool 8

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,187 battles
10 hours ago, GuntherPrein said:

CVs should be removed from the game till remake happens.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CUTER]
Members
702 posts
19,061 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

I try to manage the Forums to the best of my ability. My sincere and profound apologies to you and to everyone in the Fleet that feels that I am not being proactive enough to protect the community from toxicity.

There are over 300 active threads at any given time and over 1000 posts among them. 

Therefore I rely on the Fleet for advanced intel gathering regarding toxicity, game violations, and any other actions detrimental to the game experience for playing World of Warships. You are the first line of defense against actions and behavior that harm your fellow shipmates and I ask for your assistance to help curb this.

Yeah, I hear you on that.  I work in a job related to security...and I always tell folks, I am very good at my job.  But, I cannot be everywhere at once, which is why we rely on them to report the security incidents they observe to us.  I think you sit in a similar position.  There is no way to keep up with this many posts and forums without having your eyeballs pop out of your head.  On that note, got any tips on how we as the community can better alert you to toxicity?  Other than "popcorn emoji" or "in before the lock" memes?  Do we need to do an @ random wargaming employee (is there a specific list out there of who manages what)?  I think this would make it easier for us community members to better support you.

Thanks,

Kongo

• Cool 2

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,187 battles
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Still not acceptable.

1. account sharing

2. still clearly match fixing just with extra steps.

At the end, it greatly disadvantages one of the team due to a premeditated action on the CV player's part. It is obscene and unsportsmanlike.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,417 posts
9,606 battles
4 hours ago, DESRON10 said:

Reporting alt accounts results in nothing from WG, there are several alt accounts I have reported being in game and on the forums for months.

Those accounts are still playing and posting openly even when they have their alt listed in their signature.

xmjWh_zps750e28d4.gif

I have looked into it, and there is nothing wrong with Alt accounts.

Beneficial uses of Alt Accounts:  Starting over and getting better scores, nice place to hide - and still play the game, making comparisons on RNG, MM, etc.

Another obvious benefit is making the Clan Commander an Alt Account -- so everyone can temporarily join other clans and maintain that one to come back to.  This alt account can also be operated by several members.

And this comes to another interesting item on the agenda..  sometimes those old 'ghost' accounts are purchased/shared by a few individuals.  Face it, if you want to learn the Midway, wouldn't you borrow one where the stats are meaningless to play with a few times?  I wouldn't consider that cheating, though.

USING ALT ACCOUNTS TO CHEAT is wrong on so many levels, though.

Cheating is where you have TWO GAME COUMPUTERS up and sync drop two CVs.  You can see where ALL the players are on both teams, and the favored account doesn't even need to scout.
So if you took your undetected (non US) cruiser towards an area, alone..  and you are met by a massive air strike heading right for you...  Yup..  There's your sign.  The other signs are a lack of intelligently aggressive activity on your own team.  And for the winning side, if your CV doesn't scout or spot, and even lets the other CV kill you without engaging their fighters (until after they drop)..  chances are...

CLAN SYNC DROPPING  is a totally different subject.  The goal is to get everyone on the same side.  Umm..  never happens.  Sometimes, they don't even end up in the same match.  I consider this cheating during RANKED battles.  If it's a Random battle...   well...  well....

You know, this is a game and games are meant for fun.  Does clan sync-dropping Random Battles ruin everyone's fun?  Well..  no.  Even the opposing side clan members don't know how the battle is going to turn out.  Also, the other players are watching.  They will report anything short of Rambo-like behavior.

So sync dropping happens..  and alt accounts happen.  Individually it's usually not a problem..  Combine that and it's usually a cheat.

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Cool 2