You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

A GUIDE for citiadel ships

17 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

Question does anyone know of a site or thing for a guide on getting citadels on ships? Really like if there were images showing the superstructures and where the best place to fire at.

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

Go to a ship in port or tech tree, open armor viewer, uncheck all options except for the one on the right, there you go. It will show the citadel. Superstructures have norhing to do with citadels. Citadels are usually about the middle third of a ship at the waterline, under the smokestacks on some carriers. The lower you can get shells the better, without them stopping in the water. 

• Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
342 posts
4,717 battles

Anything broadside aim for the waterline , if it a izumo/Musashi/ Yamato just in front of the front turret it the spot , 

[PVE]
Members
511 posts
4,326 battles

Generally speaking you want to hit them at the water line below the smoke stacks.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

The general rule is you want to hit the area of the ship under the smoke stacks or guns. This area houses the engines, boilers, and magazines.

These areas are the most well protected on the ship and generally sit at or bellow the waterline on most ships, but Cruiser's generally have them slightly higher.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,446 posts
11,750 battles

I hope your asking for a site that would show them easier than in port   try the Wiki or Warships today.

• Bad 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles

Aiming at a specific spot on a ship is difficult so I aim for center of ship at waterline 

Ill fire AP at any Cruiser showing Broadside at 10k or less but this is ship dependent like my X Zao will get Cits at 14-15k , I once got 6 Citadels in the Zao on one Zalvo at 12 k while my V Murmansk is more like 7-8 K

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles
22 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Wow....

An Alpha Tester asking such a basic question.

Besides in port armor viewer,  try the Wiki or Warships today.

Really? You're shaming a person for having the humility to ask a question, learn, and improve? I would bet if he isn't better than you now, he will be.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,446 posts
11,750 battles
12 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Really? You're shaming a person for having the humility to ask a question, learn, and improve? I would bet if he isn't better than you now, he will be.

I will edit. Didn't think I was shaming, just suprised.

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,407 battles

Allot of people say to aim at the waterline but I find I get more cits by aiming mid way between the waterline & the deck. My reasoning is the aiming line is the middle of your dispersion. By aiming at the waterline you are all but guaranteeing 1/3rd to 1/2 your shells will strike the water. By aiming mid way up I get plenty of cits but even when I dont I still get respectable damage. I should state this is when shooting at long range. The closer I get the smaller the dispersion the closer I aim at the waterline. YMMV

• Cool 1

[DD214]
Members
757 posts

There are several variables and there are some good videos from WoWs and contributors that can teach the basics. Here is a summary of the items: 1) your shell type and penetration (if you can't punch into the vitals hitting the armor won't be enough) 2)  Distance-too far away and the shell may still lack punch and too close it may go all the way through, 3) angle of deflection-too much and the shell may ricochet off target 4) relative movement and speed -the shot may miss because of the shift in location from the point of aim. Knowing your ship, shell, target, and game mechanics all help and then there is practice and more practice.

Members
821 posts
3,891 battles
7 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

Question does anyone know of a site or thing for a guide on getting citadels on ships? Really like if there were images showing the superstructures and where the best place to fire at.

On the flip-side of where to shoot at a ship. You really need a ship with accurate guns and even then RNG can spirally incline plane you or not. On good days with a good ship it can be fun. 

I would suggest a listing on the most accurate ships per tier.  Got to go but I will post a few suggestions. T8BB Monarch is good. T7 CA New Orleans is good. late for a Dr appointment.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Shoot and pray, if it don't work, shoot and pray again

• Funny 2

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
4 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

Shoot and pray, if it don't work, shoot and pray again

I know right, I have some ships like a Zao figure out where I need to be aiming at now, the problem is still terrible at shooting at BB. Now I was curious to see if someone made an image that had all the ships then trying to study and look at those areas while in port. But guess could just screenshot and then print them off probably the best thing to do.

13 hours ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

ichase youtube nuff said

I believe I have look at some those video before but might just revisit those. The main problem is I don't understand aim stuff so much math must be done. (Sometimes I wish I had done some 13mike training and how they do there mapping and how they fire rockets at stuff.)

8 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

Yes i play alpha but that was years ago and i do take off and on breaks from the game to play other games and other real world stuff like going to the middle east for a year.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Generally what I do is I just make sure I can hit a target from range (no matter the ship). If I can get very close, that is when I may try to aim at specific area's. I will try to knock out a turret, I will try to aim at where I think the magazine is of a ship (below the turret at the water-line), I will just aim center of the ship at the water line, just whatever may be able to hit it. Nothing complicated, just hit. If your guns just won't pen, you can always try HE at the superstructure. I already know Dunkerque cannot pen King George V since KGV's armor is equal or greater than the size of Dunkerque's gun (I tried at listen that .5km and nothing went through).