Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aeries1

So Close to a Broken Back........

23 comments in this topic

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

Can't remember who's idea it was for the broken back achievement, but it's a hell of an idea.  So close, where's my flags..........

Edit:

For those that didn't see the original post a member mentioned the idea of a new achievement, The Broken Back, where you not only score top base XP on your losing team, but also best the top XP earner on the winning team.  Would be like earning flags for a Confederate or Kraken.  Was brought up in the Q & A with Sub_Octavian and he liked the idea.

Hopefully will get implemented, would be a sliver of sunshine for players in games like this.

image.thumb.png.66539abab04cca47f2cce871ff06f925.png

image.thumb.png.3ca2804129b93cb4bfef7ff90da59c49.png

Edited by Aeries1
  • Cool 2

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
35 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

That was my post.

GG 

Was a great idea, sorry couldn't remember your name.

28 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

90k damage broken your back? Related image

When I am only 75 XP or so from beating the top XP earner of the winning team and doubled or more the XP of the other 11 players of my team, yep, that's a broken back award.

Edit:

Excuse me, nearly doubled, to octupled the rest of the team.

Edited by Aeries1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

Solid effort. And +1 to the Broken Back idea.

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
45 minutes ago, Panbun said:

Solid effort. And +1 to the Broken Back idea.

Credit IronMike, was his original idea.  Sub seemed to like it so maybe we see it in the near future as some kind of flag reward.

[FARQD]
Members
382 posts
6,245 battles

I am against that idea of 'broken back' achievement because most times it happens because someone else is taking the brunt . I have farmed up to 200k damage and krakens on loses in my Hindy only because my team was the damage sponge. Maybe if I could have tanked a bit more and got into aggressive positions with the team we could have won. I don't consider it an achievement and if there are any rewards for it some might even given up on the game with 2 DDs dead in the first couple of minutes (I have many games where we have won with huge ships and points deficit). 

No save your star system please, though I saved quite a few stars in ranked to reach rank 1 this season :D

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
2 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

I am against that idea of 'broken back' achievement because most times it happens because someone else is taking the brunt . I have farmed up to 200k damage and krakens on loses in my Hindy only because my team was the damage sponge. Maybe if I could have tanked a bit more and got into aggressive positions with the team we could have won. I don't consider it an achievement and if there are any rewards for it some might even given up on the game with 2 DDs dead in the first couple of minutes (I have many games where we have won with huge ships and points deficit). 

No save your star system please, though I saved quite a few stars in ranked to reach rank 1 this season :D

100% disagree and as an above average player you should know better.  The longer we are alive the greater the chances of winning, no that we damage sponge our teammates, it's because we don't suck royally at the game.  The longer I live, the better my team has a chance, I die early a majority of times its a loss, burples and unicums are rare, they pivot games.

And yes I believe we should get a reward for carrying our best, but some games you just can't turn, no matter how good you are.

[FARQD]
Members
382 posts
6,245 battles
Just now, Aeries1 said:

100% disagree and as an above average player you should know better.  The longer we are alive the greater the chances of winning, no that we damage sponge our teammates, it's because we don't suck royally at the game.  The longer I live, the better my team has a chance, I die early a majority of times its a loss, burples and unicums are rare, they pivot games.

And yes I believe we should get a reward for carrying our best, but some games you just can't turn, no matter how good you are.

I agree that staying alive long helps and most of my wins are only when I have lived it to the end. All my loses are because of me getting into bad positions in cruiser play (I mostly play cruisers). But you are doing that to win the game and not get some rewards if you lose it. I just opine that loses should never be rewarded and punished so one can get better at the game.

WGs recent missions all having the win criteria pushes people to win games and not potatoe to achieve their objectives. My WR wouldn't have been so bad if WG had included the win criteria in all those hit X no of torps missions. I have lost 1% WR in a week when i started playing this game just trying to get hits and other such objectives when win wasn't important. 

You can have your opinion and sure I would respect that, but its my opinion that failures (though you did extremely well) shouldn't be specially rewarded. There are already enough rewards when you are getting such high base exp on a loss. 

[FARQD]
Members
382 posts
6,245 battles
1 hour ago, Aeries1 said:

When I am only 75 XP or so from beating the top XP earner of the winning team and doubled or more the XP of the other 11 players of my team, yep, that's a broken back award.

Edit:

Sure you did well but there is an issue with the base exp here. If I read it correctly, Atlanta (and sims) have some Base exp modifier so it might not reflect the 'true' base exp if you were to play a tech tree ship of the same tier. It would be not fair for someone (in their tech tree ship) who did similar stuff as u did in the game and only you get rewarded 

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
7 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Sure you did well but there is an issue with the base exp here. If I read it correctly, Atlanta (and sims) have some Base exp modifier so it might not reflect the 'true' base exp if you were to play a tech tree ship of the same tier. It would be not fair for someone (in their tech tree ship) who did similar stuff as u did in the game and only you get rewarded 

You're right, any premium has a base XP multiplier......after the team win/loss screen.  My final XP gain was 6685, after my flags/camo's/ship.1591 was the base, win/loss screen is always the base.

[FARQD]
Members
382 posts
6,245 battles
6 minutes ago, Aeries1 said:

You're right, any premium has a base XP multiplier......after the team win/loss screen.  My final XP gain was 6685, after my flags/camo's/ship.1591 was the base, win/loss screen is always the base.

I am not talking about the EXP multiplier which comes with their camo. The Atlanta and Sims  have the 'Base' exp (1591 in your case) modifier and the Sims was spammed in the tier 7 ranked to save the star. 

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,153 battles
1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

Yes.  And the prize is a big Rainbow Flag.

How does a Broken Back award result in a rainbow flag?

Is it a reference to Brokeback Mountain?

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
11 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

I am not talking about the EXP multiplier which comes with their camo. The Atlanta and Sims  have the 'Base' exp (1591 in your case) modifier and the Sims was spammed in the tier 7 ranked to save the star. 

Win/loss screen shows only base, premium or not.  Any premium XP added is not in base XP but is factored in later.  This is the way it works for all premiums.  Some add more than others, but base is base, which comes from damage, caps, spotting, etc.  If I did the same spotting, damage, kills, etc in an Atlanta as I did in a Helena or NO the base XP would be the same.

[FARQD]
Members
382 posts
6,245 battles
5 minutes ago, Aeries1 said:

Win/loss screen shows only base, premium or not.  Any premium XP added is not in base XP but is factored in later.  This is the way it works for all premiums.  Some add more than others, but base is base, which comes from damage, caps, spotting, etc.  If I did the same spotting, damage, kills, etc in an Atlanta as I did in a Helena or NO the base XP would be the same.

That's what I have been trying to tell you. For same exact things done with the Helena and the Atlanta, the ;base exp' (I am saying it again its not the exp after modifiers are applied) of the Atlanta is higher. 

A link about it 

[INTEL]
Members
803 posts
8,327 battles

Was in one tonight where our Atago racked up 202k damage, Kraken, High Cal, Confed, Arsonist, Witherer, and Dev Strike. He was out last one standing vs two BBs. Killed one and had the second down to 666hp when time expired.

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
1 hour ago, sansfaille said:

That's what I have been trying to tell you. For same exact things done with the Helena and the Atlanta, the ;base exp' (I am saying it again its not the exp after modifiers are applied) of the Atlanta is higher. 

A link about it 

I know what you are talking about. I have been around since just after closed beta.  It adds AFTER THE BASE TEAM SCREEN which shows base xp.  This is nothing new to ANY premium.  Christ I can duplicate this result in a dozen other non-premium boats if that will silence you about it.   If you think I can just do this in Atlanta you are smoking something.

[FARQD]
Members
382 posts
6,245 battles
1 minute ago, Aeries1 said:

I know what you are talking about. I have been around since just after closed beta.  It adds AFTER THE BASE TEAM SCREEN which shows base xp.  This is nothing new to ANY premium.  Christ I can duplicate this result in a dozen other non-premium boats if that will silence you about it.   If you think I can just do this in Atlanta you are smoking something.

Well I am not playing from close beta or smoking anything but has been told by something whom I believe knows the game mechanics well. To quote from their post

"It's very clear that some ships like Sims and Atlanta earn far more for experience and credits than for comparable actions of other destroyers and cruisers (respectively)." (they are not talking about the final exp but rather about the base exp, go through the thread to know about it)

The special base exp modifier for these ships adds to the "THE BASE TEAM SCREEN" . What you are trying to tell is the camo of 50% and the premium which adds to the overall exp you have earned (which I am not talking about). Also I am not saying that base exp cant be gotten from a tech tree ship but definitely not from 'comparable actions'. And if you still want to argue about it I would rest my case as you don't want to accept something which has been discussed.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles

Pretty sure i voiced support in the other thread, but in case not....

I support this!

Members
156 posts
12,564 battles

@IronMike11B4O posted the idea, but after I wrote to someone in our Discord chat they should have received a Broken Back achievement.... but I think many people have joked at the idea of "breaking their back" carrying a team, or complaining their "back hurts" from all of the carrying they did in a battle.  Probably wasn't the first time someone thought of the idea, but have to give credit to IronMike for "planting the idea" in the WoWs community by taking the time to author a post about it.

Can't wait to see what it looks like!

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,187 battles
12 hours ago, Aeries1 said:

Edit:

The convention on the forum is 2500 base exp in lost game, or no crying. 

Sign in to follow this