You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Carrier_Zuiho

Happy Independence Day! Suggestions for WG

About other countries historical Facts.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think WG should mention important historical dates/facts about other countries than the States?

• Yeah, it would interesting to learn about those.
    • Nah, we already have enough.

5 comments in this topic

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
17 posts
8,951 battles

Happy 9th of July everyone!:Smile_Default:

But wait, why 9th? isn't independence day one the 9th? 9th of July is Independence day in Argentina (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_Declaration_of_Independence). Thought i would make a small mention to this "maybe" unknown fact for foreign people, google even has a mention to this fact if you visit google.com. 

I was a little disappointed to see no mention of this important date at all being it at forums, in-game or twitter(may have missed something, in that case let me know).

A suggestion for WG, even a small mention to the fact would have been a nice present to the argentine community. Considering what a big issue it was made of the 4th of July and with a good reason(the game and the company are localized there), please dont forget that other countries are part of the server. I am not asking for a big event and a ton of mission just a small mention here and there would have been quite pleasant.Maybe things like articles, twitter menssages, or missions. Also i am sure there are people like me who like to learn bits about history even from other countries. You can extend this issue to all south and central american countries (maybe even Mexico and Canada).

I am making these considerations because i want the game to get better and grow. I am an old time player(playing since the beta) and i have seen the game improve and i want to keep people engaged and interested in the game.

Would like to ask WG if they agree with my point here about making the game a little more diverse (can be even small things) and you guys if you consider WG could add articles/missions/messages about other american countries(speaking for NA) or can manage this issue another way(or even if its not even a thing for you to consider). Also please vote on the poll

PS: Would have been pretty cool if we could have had the Nueve de Julio(Boise) released for today, but i do get that its on the middle of testing, and i prefer to wait more to have a more balanced ship. Also please forgive me for any mistakes you see, me not english kek. 

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles

Happy Ninth of July to all the Argentinian players!

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles

I agree, BUT...

This game is centered on the WWI and WWII era naval theatre's. AFAIK Argentina wasn't a huge player in either conflict-supported by the fact that there's no Argentinian tech tree in game. So while I'd like to see some German, Japanese, Russian, British, and French holidays recognized with some events relevant to those, I don't think Argentina would 'make the cut' as far as in game stuff goes. A twitter shoutout would be nice for y'all, though.

That said, happy (late) Independence Day to you o7

Edit: Really? Someone gave a "Bad" reaction to this? Grow a brain stem.

Edited by Stormie1126
  • Bad 1

[FML]
Members
1,785 posts
10,159 battles
47 minutes ago, Stormie1126 said:

I agree, BUT...

This game is centered on the WWI and WWII era naval theatre's. AFAIK Argentina wasn't a huge player in either conflict-supported by the fact that there's no Argentinian tech tree in game. So while I'd like to see some German, Japanese, Russian, British, and French holidays recognized with some events relevant to those, I don't think Argentina would 'make the cut' as far as in game stuff goes. A twitter shoutout would be nice for y'all, though.

That said, happy (late) Independence Day to you o7

A pan-American nation is about to be added to the game, like The Commonwealth and pan-Asia.

Similarly, I hope that Poland gets rolled into a pan-European nation so smaller countries like the Netherlands ships can also be brought into the game. @Lert outlined a partial tech tree for them that would fit rather well, and the Blys would no longer be an orphan.