Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gondy

Indy prepaid

6 comments in this topic

[LROY]
Members
5 posts
2,937 battles

I bought my Indy, back when it first came out.  I know that the grind of the missions can get you this ship for free, but what I don't understand is the fact that I can't switch any of my captains around to train them up any more.  I understand that if you win the ship you shouldn't be able to do so, but I PAID for that rite to use it to train captains in a store ship, not a play to win it ship.  I wish you guys would reimburse people when you decide to take money for a ship and then turn around and give it away and take all the purposes of said ship away.  It's becoming more and more like you just say, "hey, today I think I'll just SCREW everyone over that paid for something and give it away for free and not do anything for them!!". Not a good way to have continued business.  Not buying anymore ship's that for sure, if this is the way your continue to do business.  I understand that it's been going on for a month, but to have to retrain captain's for a premium bought ship is just .....bad thinking.  EDIT: apparently after logging out and logging back in the next day, I was able to switch captains over to train them in the Indy ship.  So there's a bug maybe?? Thank you for the replies that were helpful and the one's that weren't well.......W/E.....]:}

Edited by Gondy
correction in game made
  • Boring 1

[WPP]
Members
514 posts
5,409 battles

It doesn’t matter how you got the Indianapolis, if you have it you can put ANY American captain in there.

Either you are doing something wrong or there’s a software error.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
495 posts
3,648 battles

Ok so I get OP is butthurt that WG is “giving away” a ship that OP paid for (as if completing 21 missions is nothing) but what he is ranting about with the captain training?

[LOU1]
Members
3,018 posts
8,124 battles

I can understand your point of view, but have you considered the value you have gotten out of it since you've had it?  i also don't understand what you mean about being unable to switch your Commanders around anymore.

Personally, I don't feel ripped off.  I figured that I have gotten use out of it for a year or so and that is worth value to me.  Plus, I will get silver for it when I earn it in the missions.  Not to mention all of the Freedom Crates I will/have received.  At 5/$22, the 18 I get from driving the Indy every three days will be worth over $66 (seems to cover the "...not do anything for them..." part of your concern.  Indy is also one of my highest WR ships, so it has helped my stats, along with all the training and earnings. 

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 2

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,426 battles

I won the Indy in a 2017 xmas crate, played it once - and then parked it because I didn't care for it's game play.  I started playing it for real once they started the Indy marathon, so I could get the extra American cruiser crates - surprise, it's a fun ship to play.  Fragile defensively against higher tiers, it has powerful US cruiser AP and good HE fire starting chances.  I started to look forward to the days there were Indy only missions.  I would still choose the Belfast or even the Atlanta over it as a tier 7 premium cruiser, but I don't mind playing it at all.

As to WG allowing us to earn certain ships, it is well within their right to do so, and the Indy was probably chosen for two reasons;  It's an American cruiser ( goes along with the whole 7.5,7.6 cruiser split and collections ), and it's a rarely played ship.  Tier 7 premium cruisers Atlanta 2.75 Million battles, Belfast ( unavailable permanently ) 897,000 battles, and everyone's ugly sister Indianapolis 415,000 battles.  You are getting the full price of the ship in credits, and you had access to a slew American cruiser crates that you only had to have a battle in it to earn - crates that could give you extra missions for earning a free Cleveland or 4 American premium ships.  It's not like Indy owners didn't get a ;little something special.

[LROY]
Members
5 posts
2,937 battles
14 hours ago, missile742 said:

Ok so I get OP is butthurt that WG is “giving away” a ship that OP paid for (as if completing 21 missions is nothing) but what he is ranting about with the captain training?

One should look to help, not criticize a person even if they are complaining about a product they paid for.  It's got nothing to do with "your OP" point of view that gives nothing to the fact of helping resolve a issue. 

Sign in to follow this