You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

New T10 ship

21 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,281 posts
5,882 battles

Looking for a new T10 ship to grind, was wondering what the shimakaze and russian T10 DDs were like. 

I'm closer to the kab, or at least I have the T9 researched because of the split. 

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,872 posts
4,757 battles

I dunno, what do you got? 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,281 posts
5,882 battles

zao, yamato, hak, mino and conq. @Dr_Venture

Edited by Sinboto

[SOV]
Members
466 posts
11,004 battles
7 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

Looking for a new T10 ship to grind, was wondering what the shimakaze and russian T10 DDs were like. 

I'm closer to the kab, or at least I have the T9 researched because of the split. 

DES is the best ship in the game!

[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

DES is the best ship in the game!

id second this but it sounds like he wants a dd... I had fun getting the z-52... plus not to popular

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,281 posts
5,882 battles
2 minutes ago, Paintpro_1 said:

id second this but it sounds like he wants a dd... I had fun getting the z-52... plus not to popular

Yeah but it's not like I wouldn't consider something else. 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles

Khaba is a unique play style. It is a DD in name only. It plays like a cruiser on speed that doesn’t give a fek. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,249 posts
12,800 battles

Get Hindenburg.

• Cool 1

[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles
7 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

Yeah but it's not like I wouldn't consider something else. 

then id say get the DM its sooo fun and such a great ship 

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

IJN DDs higher tiers are pretty difficult. What about the US or PA DD line? Overall good gunships with decent concealment and later on good torpedoes.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles
2 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

IJN DDs higher tiers are pretty difficult. What about the US or PA DD line? Overall good gunships with decent concealment and later on good torpedoes.

PA DDs are not popular, due to the deep water torps I think. 

That is a mistake. The torps are invisible til the last minute, reducing the evasion of your target. You can’t torp other DDs however. With 5 - 6 guns, you don’t need to.  From T8 up they are USN DDs with some minor changes. The T9 and T10 have radar which with the demise of smoke as a means of concealment while contesting caps has taken on greater viability. I think they’re great. 

Beta Testers
488 posts
8,776 battles

Dont bother with the shima. Khab is hands down the best dd in the game.

Its a cruiser in a dd skin.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,183 posts
14,610 battles
39 minutes ago, Thornir said:

The torps are invisible til the last minute, reducing the evasion of your target.

As a Cruiser Main with also a lot of BB time and being on the receiving end of PADD DWTs, that is 100% true.  You get caught, there really is no evasion, but praying you don't eat many torps.  BBs can maybe get by due to sheer HP values, TDS.  Even then, they'll be hurting badly.  But Cruisers with their low HP pool, poor TDS are in deep sh*t.  Even "nimble" Cruisers won't have time to react.  Multiple DWT hits is essentially a straight up, fatal alpha strike against a Cruiser.  Hindenburg, Zao, I've even seen DMs get walloped by these things.  When it happens it almost always is an outright kill on the Cruiser.

Even the Tier VI, VII PADDs can be murderous torp boats (esp. the VI one) if needed.  And some of these PADDs are decent gun DDs also.

• Cool 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,006 posts
4,451 battles
1 hour ago, Thornir said:

PA DDs are not popular, due to the deep water torps I think. 

popular or not,they are great ships,gadja sadly is second place compared t haida when it comes to dpm and concealment,but their hydro and torps are pretty good.

the tier10 looks like a better gearing.

[INTEL]
Members
6,669 posts
25,809 battles

I have them all and am a DD main. Khab is very strong. Shima is now very user friendly for an experienced IJN DD driver. Yue Yang is also very strong (more than Gearing IMO).

Grozovoi is not bad now that it has been buffed

I am partial to Z-52 though.

Problem  is I can seldom play T10 DDs anymore. Radar makes them unusable when there are a couple of Des Moines and a Moskva/Minotaur/Worcester (i.e. every single match).. Life its now too short for DDs at T10. Forget about trying to cap early.

Most radar cruisers have the radar extender module (I do in mine) so for example Des Moines lasts for 48 seconds (after the recent nerf from 56s). Still way too long for a DD to be able survive if you want to be up front to scout and do damage.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles
4 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

popular or not,they are great ships,gadja sadly is second place compared t haida when it comes to dpm and concealment,but their hydro and torps are pretty good.

the tier10 looks like a better gearing.

well, I prefer it. It has a fletcher hull, so lower profile. Gearing now can use fletcher torps though with more damage, and YY can only shoot the 13.5k variety. 

But again, DWS land more often, so it's an offset. More often than not, the ships I hit don't even react. 4 seconds is all they get. They have time for an "oh, fudge" then boom.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles
35 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

do all usn t10

make america great again!

)

It was great. headed downhill.

Do the USN line anyway though.

[ENDVR]
Members
431 posts
5,346 battles

I find the Republique to be the most comfotable BB , but if you’re looking for a DD, Z-52 is great but Khaba ignores most of the DD complaints in the current meta.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts
5 minutes ago, Thornir said:

It was great. headed downhill.

Do the USN line anyway though.

haha was just being a clown

but i think with lack of cv in the game usn tech three is kinda flawed all that aa power to shoot down spotter planes

weeeee

yea i guess it is downhill

make america great again damit !

)

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles
25 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

haha was just being a clown

but i think with lack of cv in the game usn tech three is kinda flawed all that aa power to shoot down spotter planes

weeeee

yea i guess it is downhill

make america great again damit !

)

Working on it...