You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nagasakee

2 Small requests Devs

17 comments in this topic

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

1) Could we please have a Canada flag option for the Haida?

2) Could we please have the original (and historically correct) blue Measure 22 camo for the Massachusetts as an option?

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles

Haida never flew a Canadian flag while in commission. She always flew the White Ensign of the RN/RCN/RAN/RNZN, and that is what she should be wearing (same for Perth and Vampire-the Commonwealth Flag is a post-modern thing). Measure 22 cammo as an option for Massachussetts I agree with wholeheartedly.

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

Beta Testers
2,984 posts
4,399 battles

could i have dunkerque dispersion balanced to fit the french BB line?somehow i think her guns are worse than normandie,and they use the same guns right?

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
255 posts
3,194 battles

My Haida looks like a Canuck flag... Dissapointed the horn wasn't a moose call.

• Funny 2

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts
3 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

My Haida looks like a Canuck flag... Dissapointed the horn wasn't a moose call.

i actually find the horn sounds almost like a moose call )

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles
17 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Haida never flew a Canadian flag while in commission. She always flew the White Ensign of the RN/RCN/RAN/RNZN, and that is what she should be wearing (same for Perth and Vampire-the Commonwealth Flag is a post-modern thing). Measure 22 cammo as an option for Massachussetts I agree with wholeheartedly.

That's true, and I DO appreciate the irony of requesting one change that is NOT historically accurate, and another that is.  I just REALLY like the current Canadian flag and would like the option to fly it...it's not like we can on any other ship...so why not?

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
1 hour ago, nagasakee said:

1) Could we please have a Canada flag option for the Haida?

2) Could we please have the original (and historically correct) blue Measure 22 camo for the Massachusetts as an option?

So if you want a Canadian flag, are you asking for the maple leaf or the Dominion flag? I concur with those saying the naval flag provided is accurate, but I am curious

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,101 posts
12,663 battles

Flags are tricky business because they stand for so much. I sometimes wonder if people would freak out if WG decided to offer an American flag with 50 stars on it?

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Flags are tricky business because they stand for so much. I sometimes wonder if people would freak out if WG decided to offer an American flag with 50 stars on it?

The interesting thing is that there are different American flags provided depending on the era of the ship. Same as the different Russian flags from czarist to communist as well as other nations

Edited by Ducky_shot

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
152 posts
2,783 battles

since we are asking for the historical flag for ships I want my Imperial Japanese Naval Ensign on my Japanese ships.

1280px-Naval_ensign_of_the_Empire_of_Jap

Members
1,788 posts
5,663 battles
5 minutes ago, Mheetu said:

since we are asking for the historical flag for ships I want my Imperial Japanese Naval Ensign on my Japanese ships.

1280px-Naval_ensign_of_the_Empire_of_Jap

Too much Political Baggage associated with the Rising Sun Flag,,,,

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
496 posts
3,658 battles
1 hour ago, nagasakee said:

This espcially considering Mamie never wore the Measure 32

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles
52 minutes ago, nagasakee said:

That's true, and I DO appreciate the irony of requesting one change that is NOT historically accurate, and another that is.  I just REALLY like the current Canadian flag and would like the option to fly it...it's not like we can on any other ship...so why not?

No problem with that. I served under the old flags, not the current one, so that dates me!

[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts

Completely ahistorical, but I wouldn't mind flying my national flag on all my ships. I can put an emblem of my flag on a tank or plane, why not a ship?

Probably too political for some reasons

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles
2 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

So if you want a Canadian flag, are you asking for the maple leaf or the Dominion flag? I concur with those saying the naval flag provided is accurate, but I am curious

The Maple Leaf!

Related image

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles

Yeah, not happening. No modern flag is in this game. Haida was out of service 2 years before the Maple Leaf was selected as the national flag. Like Edgecase noted, no 50 star Stars and Stripes. 

Best you will be able to do is get a mod for it.