You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Custom color camouflages you earn through the collections.

9 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles

I have earned a bunch but I am noticing that there only seems to be two choices, original and a second color. In the case of the Japanese Battleships the original green and blue. Am I missing something here, I thought there would be a way to choose colors, if there is a way to choose colors can someone please clue me in on how to do it?

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,104 battles

Both the unlockable Japanese and American custom color schemes only allow for two palettes.  Japanese are green (standard) and blue (alternate), while the American ones are grey/blue (standard), and two-tone grey (alternate).

• Cool 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,244 posts
3,569 battles

If you were looking to be able to make custom colors, that's not how it works. See the above post.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,472 battles

I assume they can add more, it’s just not there yet. 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

IJN Green = Lucky. Play any color and I fail horribly.

Members
4,821 posts
5,596 battles

The alternate USN ones look absolutely beautiful, especially since it gets rid of that ugly blue-green color and replaces it with the blue color used on the decks(which is a much more attractive blue on a ship, in my opinion. It looks close to the blue used in measure 21 camo - which we need more of in game by the way. My favorite WWII camo scheme by far).

The IJN on the other hand, while I don't have the alternate choices yet, I'm a bit disappointed that the colors aren't exactly the same pallet used on Atago(with blue/black/white/grey). It looks like the alternate colors use that ugly blue-green present on the default USN permanent camos along with a brown-red. I'm surprised WG was able to make the default puke green IJN camo look appealing(though the default IJN permanent camos look nice, since they have a lot more white in them).

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
6 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

The alternate USN ones look absolutely beautiful, especially since it gets rid of that ugly blue-green color and replaces it with the blue color used on the decks(which is a much more attractive blue on a ship, in my opinion. It looks close to the blue used in measure 21 camo - which we need more of in game by the way. My favorite WWII camo scheme by far).

The IJN on the other hand, while I don't have the alternate choices yet, I'm a bit disappointed that the colors aren't exactly the same pallet used on Atago(with blue/black/white/grey). It looks like the alternate colors use that ugly blue-green present on the default USN permanent camos along with a brown-red. I'm surprised WG was able to make the default puke green IJN camo look appealing(though the default IJN permanent camos look nice, since they have a lot more white in them).

IJN Green works great when near islands. I nearly or did torpedo an allied... Nagato or Amagi because I could not see him. I like both IJN Green and Blue camo but I noticed that my battles ended more in losses with Blue so I am sticking with Green.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

I have earned a bunch but I am noticing that there only seems to be two choices, original and a second color. In the case of the Japanese Battleships the original green and blue. Am I missing something here, I thought there would be a way to choose colors, if there is a way to choose colors can someone please clue me in on how to do it?

Yes there is a check mark next to the camo you want in the box if it's available to you.  It wil lbe either Green or Blue for IJN.  Or a blue or gray for USN.  I believe.  There are check boxes to check which one you want.

[REVY]
Members
951 posts
7,515 battles
16 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Both the unlockable Japanese and American custom color schemes only allow for two palettes.  Japanese are green (standard) and blue (alternate), while the American ones are grey/blue (standard), and two-tone grey (alternate).

actually, I took a look at the american side.

It actually looks like it reverses the colors. What was dark grey is now grey, what was grey is now dark grey.

Check out the Arizona, Alabama, and the Missouri camos, then select the other 'color'. Suddenly Arizona has a grey hull with dark blue/grey superstructure.