You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BlazerSS

BB Mass range

29 comments in this topic

[AFK]
Members
121 posts
9,288 battles

why is it so short compared to other US BB's?

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
5 minutes ago, BlazerSS said:

Because its a WALLET boat.   Secondaries got buffed main guns got nerfed.

• Bad 1

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,477 battles

To encourage players to enter a range that the ship’s biggest advantages can actually be used.

[AFK]
Members
121 posts
9,288 battles

MOSTLY I GET T X ,WHAT A BUNCH OF [edited]..

• Boring 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,561 posts
3,539 battles
27 minutes ago, BlazerSS said:

MOSTLY I GET T X ,WHAT A BUNCH OF [edited]..

how-do-you-fail-english-you-speak-it.jpg

• Bad 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,244 posts
3,569 battles

If you bought the Massachusetts to snipe, you should have bought an Alabama.

• Cool 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,561 posts
3,539 battles
1 hour ago, Hatework said:

If you bought the Massachusetts to snipe, you should have bought an Alabama.

Or a NC since it had better sigma

Members
730 posts
3,915 battles

My Großer Kurfürst was my first tier 10 boat.  I LOVE secondary build Battleships; brawling and contesting the cap (once the DDs are dead/chased away) is AWESOME and the Massachusetts, in the 2 matches I have had in her, did not disappoint me.  I disappointed HER.  I can only hope that as I get the captain to 14 points and pick up manual secondaries that I will get to be even more dangerous.

She is a great scrapper.  I am glad I got her, and even though leveling her captain in the Texas/Arizona/Alabama/Missouri will hurt a bit, in time, she'll get kitted out with the right skipper for the job.

~Beorn

[AFK]
Members
121 posts
9,288 battles

I bought her cause I live in mass and have been on a bunch of times,in 4th grade I had a choice of field trips and I went to see her...

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Members
76 posts
2,131 battles
On 7/10/2018 at 5:05 AM, BlazerSS said:

I bought her cause I live in mass and have been on a bunch of times,in 4th grade I had a choice of field trips and I went to see her...

same reason i got her can throw a rock and hit it. but yeah main guns got range nerf because secondaries got turned up to 11

Edited by Hydrawlix

[AFK]
Members
121 posts
9,288 battles

I thought it fired AP secondarys,looks like HE to me...

[REVY]
Members
954 posts
7,519 battles
On 7/9/2018 at 12:21 PM, BlazerSS said:

you did read LWM's review right?

It was all explained there.

[BRO1]
Members
93 posts
6,403 battles
On 7/9/2018 at 7:55 PM, Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea said:

My Großer Kurfürst was my first tier 10 boat.  I LOVE secondary build Battleships; brawling and contesting the cap (once the DDs are dead/chased away) is AWESOME and the Massachusetts, in the 2 matches I have had in her, did not disappoint me.  I disappointed HER.  I can only hope that as I get the captain to 14 points and pick up manual secondaries that I will get to be even more dangerous.

She is a great scrapper.  I am glad I got her, and even though leveling her captain in the Texas/Arizona/Alabama/Missouri will hurt a bit, in time, she'll get kitted out with the right skipper for the job.

~Beorn

drop manual and go for IFHE. I do great without it and do a ton more damage

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Well she's got Spotter Plane available for modified Range. 

If you're willing to sacrificing SBM2 for APRM1 you'll get +16%MB for - 15%SB range. 

You can also use JoaT and the consumable flag and PremCon to further decrease the CD of Spotter Plane. 

But tbh, I played around with APRM1 + Prem Spotter and anything within the buffed range of Spotter without APRM1 is inconsistent already. The stacking of both is simply racking up Red Target's tank potential. RNG is totally dependent for Damage when stacking Range Buffs. 

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles
1 hour ago, Ivlerlin said:

Well she's got Spotter Plane available for modified Range. 

If you're willing to sacrificing SBM2 for APRM1 you'll get +16%MB for - 15%SB range. 

You can also use JoaT and the consumable flag and PremCon to further decrease the CD of Spotter Plane. 

But tbh, I played around with APRM1 + Prem Spotter and anything within the buffed range of Spotter without APRM1 is inconsistent already. The stacking of both is simply racking up Red Target's tank potential. RNG is totally dependent for Damage when stacking Range Buffs. 

You like yours?

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
18 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

You like yours?

I like Secondary Builds. Can't wait for a Commonwealth 19. Haida's my second favourite DD.. Would be first but Harekaze is always trying her best regardless of build. 

[MOH]
Members
242 posts
1,273 battles

I have it, and I love it.  It's my most favorite ship to play.  To me, it's almost like playing the North Carolina, except it turns like a US Standard, isn't quite as accurate, and comes with amazing secondaries.  The secondaries plus the fire damage they cause add about 30-40k damage per game.  AA is very strong, too, and your TDS is exceptional. 

For my Captain build, I went all-out on secondaries:  PT, AR, BFT, AFT, IFHE, MFCSA.  You do not need Expert Marksman for this ship. 

Honestly, although she is the least accurate American T8 battleship, I don't find it to be an issue. 

[FILO]
Alpha Tester
74 posts

The mass is one of the most fun ships WG has put in game in some time, and I enjoy playing up close like a cruiser, but with BB armor and health!

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,166 posts
14,583 battles

I just feel sorry for this thing in a Tier X match.  Granted, it's not the only Brawling Tier VIII BB that struggles in Tier X matches.

I'm staring down one of these things with my Montana and can only smile.

msFY1BV.gif?noredirect

Like Bismarck and Tirpitz, you got to be patient.  That poor sigma and dispersion will cost you.  Of course, the flip side is when Mass gets to be top tier.  Like Bismarck and Tirpitz, you'll be blasting through those Tier VI-VII chumps and running them over.

[MOH]
Members
242 posts
1,273 battles
17 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I just feel sorry for this thing in a Tier X match.  Granted, it's not the only Brawling Tier VIII BB that struggles in Tier X matches.

I'm staring down one of these things with my Montana and can only smile.

msFY1BV.gif?noredirect

Like Bismarck and Tirpitz, you got to be patient.  That poor sigma and dispersion will cost you.  Of course, the flip side is when Mass gets to be top tier.  Like Bismarck and Tirpitz, you'll be blasting through those Tier VI-VII chumps and running them over.

Hahaha I love the gif, because it's so true.  In T10 matches, you definitely have to be patient.  But, when the opportunity arises and your secondaries start opening up on something like a Grober Kurfurst, it's a total damage farm due to its massive size.  If you go racing in thinking your secondaries are going to be an "I-Win" button (which I have regrettably done!!!), it's a quick game over.