Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

New mouse suggestions?

8 comments in this topic

Members
4,555 posts
6,477 battles

I have your old fundamental Microsoft mouse with right-left click and wheel in center. Aging  (fingers)  is causing me an issue as I often hit mouse wheel when I want to right or left click. Dexterity thing ya know. Often other stuff happens I do not intend to do.  Fingertips now a bit numb at times and have arthritis. What is a good fundamental mouse with right-left click and a wheel that is in a better position or whatever?  Easy to use and all. I don't need anything fancy. Under $50. But something I might be able to use without much chance of hitting the wrong key. You youngins out there will understand what I am talking bout someday.:Smile_teethhappy:

Tks

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,234 posts
8,278 battles

I use the Logitech G502. It's a little pricey and is a bit overkill for WoWS, but I like it. It fits my hand. There's a lock on the wheel, so you don't scroll when you don't intend to and it's a lot larger than the old MS mouse. 

Try out a bunch in a store like Best Buy or Frys. 

[PSP]
Members
6,274 posts
8,908 battles

I have a Logitech M500, which fits my hand perfectly. If you have Amazon Prime they are 20 bucks.

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
51 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I have your old fundamental Microsoft mouse with right-left click and wheel in center. Aging  (fingers)  is causing me an issue as I often hit mouse wheel when I want to right or left click. Dexterity thing ya know. Often other stuff happens I do not intend to do.  Fingertips now a bit numb at times and have arthritis. What is a good fundamental mouse with right-left click and a wheel that is in a better position or whatever?  Easy to use and all. I don't need anything fancy. Under $50. But something I might be able to use without much chance of hitting the wrong key. You youngins out there will understand what I am talking bout someday.:Smile_teethhappy:

Tks

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/2801556570668730068?lsf=seller:7933,store:5553080172986057765&prds=oid:18026288571479867014&q=gaming+mouse+amazon&hl=en&ei=ZJJDW7CDN-iK0wLny5OABg&lsft=cm_mmc:PLA-_-Google-LIA-_-870881681-_-695964&lsft=gclid:CjwKCAjwj4zaBRABEiwA0xwsP6XWQsBlAw20yb6z6M0aooeyzhqQHlkPNPsIsXY1ULeF15aicpGcrxoCoIkQAvD_BwE

This one is cheap and doesn't have many extra buttons, Looks like 2 programmable thumb buttons so you won't hit any wrong buttons.

shopping.jpg.fa95b9152ed2853ea1814197091820d6.jpg

If you want cordless they are a bit more.

This one is only $11.99 https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Gaming-Buttons-Ergonomic-CENTROPHORUS/dp/B00HTK1NCS/ref=lp_402052011_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1531155346&sr=8-8

71HgrwV-WnL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.8eb87f9f755b48cfe7e42393ec84716d.jpg

This one is cordless for $13.99 https://www.amazon.com/Programmable-Adjustable-Ergonomic-MG001-EagleTec/dp/B00XKP7P4Q/ref=lp_402052011_1_10?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1531155346&sr=8-10

613Vp3gMMOL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.550972a311577682d41348622e9fe9c7.jpg

I know you said no fancy buttons but you will find that you either don't have to use them and just use it like a regular mouse (after all they really don't cost more than a normal mouse).  I definitely like being able to zoom into gun view and out at the click of a thumb button. I also have buttons set to switch HE, AP and to torps. I also have one to target ships. They are all done with the thumb and it won't be any different if you don't use them. Any way just type in gaming mouse at Amazon or where ever you prefer to shop and you can find something in any price range, check out reviews and purchase the one of your choice. The extra buttons won't make you hit the wrong thing at the wrong time, they are all pretty much for your thumb and you don't have to keep your thumb on them if you don't want.

[1NJS]
Members
322 posts
6,031 battles
5 hours ago, dmckay said:

Tks

I think you need a mouse for for larger hands, maybe that can help you

[WOLF3]
Members
6,459 posts
2,405 battles

It really is a personal thing about what fits your hand.  Recommend that you go for a thumb side button but IMO as an old guy the other side buttons are too confusing.  Otherwise the two-button with the wheel (which is also a button) is best provided it fits your hand.  Lozenge mouses just don't.  Go to a good computer store and try a few.

Also consider doing the left mouse button with your middle finger and the right with your ring finger.  I stopped using my index finger for reasons I don't really remember and haven't looked back.  I never hit the wheel unintentionally because there's no extra fingers floating around in the middle of the mouse.

e109876.001?$uspdlarge$

I use an old IBM Optical Navigator mouse that just fits nicely.  The flair with the IBM logo fits under the ball of your thumb and holds the beast secure while your fingers do the walking.  These are practically impossible to come by nowadays, but the general form survives.  I recommend that you look for something similar.

Edited by iDuckman

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

Here's what I use OP, the Razor DeathAdder. It runs just under $50, has 7 buttons and a lengthy cord to give you plenty of room to plug into the back of the PC.

It's also got an almost braided type cord to help prevent exposing wires from excessive use/movement. Not to mention, the last time I checked on my Razor synapse (program that comes with it and helps with keep track of use, ie clicks and on what programs/apps, etc.), I think I was well over 500k on my LMB, most of it on WoWs.

Some people don't like Razor, but I haven't had a problem with their products at all. When I thought I did, it ended up being an issue with the USB drivers conflicting with Windows 10 back in 2015.. Yup, I've had the same mouse and even the same Razor keyboard for that long. lol

It boils down to what you feel comfortable with though. If you can, try to make it to a Fry's electronics store or even a Best Buy as I know they have a few different makes and models on display.

GL on the hunt

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,566 posts

I use a little white one for most of my work

Sign in to follow this