Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JPDestroy

North Carolina Secondary Range ???

39 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
2,870 battles

My North Carolina secondary range.....  I have Advanced Fire Training + 20% and secondary battery mod 2 + 20% and the secondary range is what you would expect (almost 10km)

If I put on the signal Mike Yankee Soxisix which is supposed to add 5%.....  it negates/overrides the AFT and 2nd batt mod and I get a total range of < 6km.

Is this a known issue? Am I just not understanding this or what?

I hate to admit this... but I have been running that flag always because hey its a secondary build ship.  Now I find out realize that stupid flag has been wiping out my secondary range this whole time.  I am surprised I have been doing this so long and never noticed this.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,411 battles

The best you can do with AFT and the secondary battery mod is 7.2km, and then adding the flag in only gets you to 7.6km.  I don't know how you're getting a range less than 6km with AFT and the secondary battery mod and the flag, or nearly 10km with just the skill and the mod.

[-K-]
Members
5,290 posts
9,108 battles
24 minutes ago, JPDestroy said:

I hate to admit this... but I have been running that flag always because hey its a secondary build ship. 

Wait, when did NC become a viable secondary build ship? :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 2

[CS7]
Members
75 posts
5,080 battles

NorCal isn't really meant for secondaries. If you want an secondary spec US BB the only one right now the the Massachusetts, which is a premium and costs money.

The Germans have great secondaries, and the French are decent. Not trying to tell you how to play, but trying to build a NorCal as a secondary ship isn't really playing to it's strengths.

Edited by Snarky_Donkey
  • Cool 2

Members
16 posts
2,870 battles

You are missing the entire point of my post.  The flag wipes out the 20% plus 20% and REPLACES it with 5%.  Seems like a substantial bug to me.

[BNKR]
Members
710 posts
713 battles

Secondary build on North Carolina seems kinda iffy. My understanding is that outside of Massachusetts, American battleship secondaries are hot garbage.

• Cool 1

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,411 battles
Just now, JPDestroy said:

You are missing the entire point of my post.  The flag wipes out the 20% plus 20% and REPLACES it with 5%.  Seems like a substantial bug to me.

The skill and the mod should only get you to 7.2km.  If you're seeing nearly 10km, I think you've got to be looking at something wrong.  Also when I put the flag on, it increases the secondary range by the amount it says it will.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,949 posts
7,519 battles

I'm looking at mine right now, and I'm not having the issue you are. That said, building NC for secondaries isn't the best option for that ship. She takes cits easily at close range, plus the secondaries themselves are nothing to write home to mother about.

Enhance NC's main guns, her tankability(I has created a werd!), and her AA.

Edited by Th3KrimzonD3mon

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,949 posts
7,519 battles
3 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Secondary build on North Carolina seems kinda iffy. My understanding is that outside of Massachusetts, American battleship secondaries are hot garbage.

Montana, depending on how you play her, can be viable. Her 127's are quite different than the other USN BB's 127's. Still, you'd be using them more to set fires than for direct damage.

Members
16 posts
2,870 battles

Again, the point of my post is that the game mechanics are broken.  Take whatever ship you want with the 20% + 20% secondary range and go into battle both with and without the 5% flag and you will see what I mean. 

I know its a lot to ask... but please actually read the post before responding with random advice on what are good secondary ships.

Edited by JPDestroy
  • Bad 2

[-WPG-]
Members
808 posts
3,352 battles
3 minutes ago, JPDestroy said:

Again, the point of my post is that the game mechanics are broken.  Take whatever ship you want with the 20% + 20% secondary range and go into battle both with and without the 5% flag and you will see what I mean. 

Screenshots 

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,411 battles
3 minutes ago, JPDestroy said:

I know its a lot to ask... but please actually read the post before responding with random advice on what are good secondary ships.

The game mechanic is not broken, but your eyes might be.  Secondary module + AFT does not get you anywhere near 10km secondary range.  I would investigate why you're thinking this before I worry about how the flag is somehow taking me under 6km.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
13 minutes ago, JPDestroy said:

No, the mechanics are not broken. And no, the signal flag does not do that. It does not negate anything. It never has. Never had this issue on any ship. Especially considering it’s never done that.

You also may want to go back and look at the stats again, NC has never been able to get her secondaries out to that range.

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,120 battles
28 minutes ago, JPDestroy said:

Complains about reading comprehension but fails to comprehend numerous posts about the actual topic:cap_yes:

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
2 hours ago, JPDestroy said:

My North Carolina secondary range.....  I have Advanced Fire Training + 20% and secondary battery mod 2 + 20% and the secondary range is what you would expect (almost 10km)

If I put on the signal Mike Yankee Soxisix which is supposed to add 5%.....  it negates/overrides the AFT and 2nd batt mod and I get a total range of < 6km.

I hate to admit this... but I have been running that flag always because hey its a secondary build ship.  Now I find out realize that stupid flag has been wiping out my secondary range this whole time.  I am surprised I have been doing this so long and never noticed this.

This is not happening.  You're missing something in your build.  Maybe your captain is not fully re-trained or something.

If you review everything, and insist it is still happening,. please post screen caps of:

Ship's Secondary Range
Captain Build
Module Build
Signal Build

You've missed something somewhere.

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
1 hour ago, JPDestroy said:

I doesn't do that for me send in a ticket with screen shots as proof.

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
2 hours ago, JPDestroy said:

You do know that in game screen shots are stored in the screenshots file in the WOWs game files right?

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,248 battles
18 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You do know that in game screen shots are stored in the screenshots file in the WOWs game files right?

Just take them with your cell phone :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Members
16 posts
2,870 battles

Not sure how I would screen shot game mechanics like that?  What do you suggest/ how would you do that?

Members
16 posts
2,870 battles

So I will take a screenshot of secondaries not firing with a ship at 7km away....  ?  Is that what you want to see?

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,411 battles
16 minutes ago, JPDestroy said:

So I will take a screenshot of secondaries not firing with a ship at 7km away....  ?  Is that what you want to see?

I want to see you expand the ship stats in port with your captain, flag and modules fitted, take a screenshot of the secondary stats and your captain, and post it.

e: like this

image.png.560122058fa20f664c7b2280b8fd9422.png

image.png.b8eb85c9443201dca69624cfe573dd21.png

image.png.c3b06a909e0a02b0bd1e33e7e63f2e8a.png

Edited by Deviathan

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
6 minutes ago, JPDestroy said:

In port hover over secondaries, it will show the range (take screen shot), put on your signal flag and hover over secondaries again, showing  the decreased range (take second screen shot). Not too difficult.

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,248 battles

Screenshots of the ship stats with the flag applied and without it applied. Then a screen shot of your modules and captain skills. 

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
20 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Just take them with your cell phone :Smile_teethhappy:

Hey, I used to take only quality cell phone screen shots.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Sign in to follow this