Jump to content
gribby91

selling ships on iMac

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[FLAYR]
Members
14 posts
654 battles

Hello all.  I am new to WoW and love it!  I need some help.  I can not seem to be able to sell any of my ships to open slots in port.  I have read other articles on the subject, but nothing I do works.  I am using a home computer iMac, not Macbook so the two finger thing doesn't work.  Control mouse click does nothing, also.  Any suggestions (besides don't use Mac) would be great!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
622 posts

? Sell any of my ships to open slots in port

What?  Please write this again. 

Do you own a ship that you want to sell? Not a rental (tier X) that is there for clan wars

Do you have gold doubloons to pay the demount fee?

Sell to an open slot??? Are you trying to buy a ship that would go to an open slot? 

Mouse - Are you using a weird MAC mouse. If so a picture might help or model number or name. I know a couple that were intended for education, lab work etc that are old will not work on WOWs

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[FLAYR]
Members
14 posts
654 battles

I want to sell a ship to open up a slot so that I can research and buy a new ship at a higher tier.  I do not have any gold right now.  the mouse is the standard wireless Mac mouse, not the touch pad upgrade.  There are no buttons on it.  It just clicks.    I do not even see where it asks for a demount fee??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[STW-N]
Members
30 posts
5,518 battles

You need to control click, which is right click on a mac, I assume not playing the game on mac but owning the game on PC and also owning a mac.

 

You say you tried this but it seams to be the only logical thing.  Try it on the picture of the ship on the bottom of your port.

Edited by TRACER___
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[FLAYR]
Members
14 posts
654 battles
5 minutes ago, TRACER___ said:

You need to control click, which is right click on a mac, I assume not playing the game on mac but owning the game on PC and also owning a mac.

 

You say you tried this but it seams to be the only logical thing.  Try it on the picture of the ship on the bottom of your port.

Yes, thank you but I have tried that.  I have had no success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60
[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

I also have an iMac. For me to sell a ship I just right-mouse-click on the picture of the ship you would like to sell, then left-mouse-click Sell, and left-mouse-click Yes.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Rpkscout1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
622 posts

You must have doubloons. Usually demount fee is 25 per module. Now I have not done this for any ship lower than tier 8 in a long time. But I cannot sell my tier 9 after I have researched the tier 10 without doubloons.

Port slots are 50? Doubloons I think. 

That is an option. I went a very long successful time only playing a BB and CA while grinding up with only two port slots. But there was some minor doubloon cost. 

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
622 posts

Is the next ship a higher tier then one you have?

i.e. tier 2 US BB now and you want Tier 3 US BB?

You get enough XP to research it. Then use silver credits to buy it. Doubloons act as a way to pay WOWs a minimal fee.   

If this is the case the ship u intend to buy should be researched first. Then do the rest. 

I strongly suspect lack of doubloons. Buy 500 because you will need them at some point. But make sure you have:

clicked on the pic of the ship you want and there is no red writing saying you need more XP. If so keep playing the lower tier ship. You can with doubloons any XP earned by a fully researched ship earned. Click top right star next to a number that represents free xp

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[IRISH]
Members
366 posts
7,193 battles

You don't NEED to demount anything. You can sell any module, even during the sale of a ship for silver in return. You are never FORCED to use doubloons for anything.

I think this captain is specifically talking about physically with no mouse buttons present on his mouse, how does he "right click" to do the sell options menu.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
622 posts

You likely need to watch a lot of videos at this point to continue. WOWs videos on the site or YouTube. 

Flamu vids on YouTube to get very good quick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[STW-N]
Members
30 posts
5,518 battles

You do not NEED doubloons, you can select sell modules instead of demount.  You can play this game 100% without doubloons.  They just add convenience, and less grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,531 battles
2 minutes ago, drakoolia said:

You don't NEED to demount anything. You can sell any module, even during the sale of a ship for silver in return. You are never FORCED to use doubloons for anything.

I think this captain is specifically talking about physically with no mouse buttons present on his mouse, how does he "right click" to do the sell options menu.

You can "Right Click," referred to as "Secondary click" in OS X, through the mouse or trackpad preferences.

Screenshot 2018-07-09 12.52.24.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[STW-N]
Members
30 posts
5,518 battles

Yeah it must be an issue with woes and Mac's control click.  Get yourself a cheap 2 button mouse and use it for nothing but the odd case of a needed right click.  

 

On the other hand what do you use for free look? It's right click and doesn't loose your aim when checking your surroundings (mostly).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
622 posts

Ok, he should get a screen that asks him if he wants to sell. Then the demount option is either get half the credit price he paid or pay doubloons and keep the module for his next or future ship. 

If you are not getting this pop up screen. The info on the mouse posted above is correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
622 posts
2 hours ago, gribby91 said:

Hello all.  I am new to WoW and love it!  I need some help.  I can not seem to be able to sell any of my ships to open slots in port.  I have read other articles on the subject, but nothing I do works.  I am using a home computer iMac, not Macbook so the two finger thing doesn't work.  Control mouse click does nothing, also.  Any suggestions (besides don't use Mac) would be great!  

Added doubloons to your account. Sorry about the bad info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[FLAYR]
Members
14 posts
654 battles
7 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

You must have doubloons. Usually demount fee is 25 per module. Now I have not done this for any ship lower than tier 8 in a long time. But I cannot sell my tier 9 after I have researched the tier 10 without doubloons.

Port slots are 50? Doubloons I think. 

That is an option. I went a very long successful time only playing a BB and CA while grinding up with only two port slots. But there was some minor doubloon cost. 

Yes, I have a tier 3 CA and BB.  I wish to continue with the cruiser line the tier 4 Phoenix.  US line obviously.  Other than buying doubloons, is there a way to aquire them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[FLAYR]
Members
14 posts
654 battles
7 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Is the next ship a higher tier then one you have?

i.e. tier 2 US BB now and you want Tier 3 US BB?

You get enough XP to research it. Then use silver credits to buy it. Doubloons act as a way to pay WOWs a minimal fee.   

If this is the case the ship u intend to buy should be researched first. Then do the rest. 

I strongly suspect lack of doubloons. Buy 500 because you will need them at some point. But make sure you have:

clicked on the pic of the ship you want and there is no red writing saying you need more XP. If so keep playing the lower tier ship. You can with doubloons any XP earned by a fully researched ship earned. Click top right star next to a number that represents free xp

I have the XP to research and the credits to buy, but it will not allow me because I have no empty port slot thus my desire to sell a ship and vacate a slot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[FLAYR]
Members
14 posts
654 battles
7 hours ago, drakoolia said:

You don't NEED to demount anything. You can sell any module, even during the sale of a ship for silver in return. You are never FORCED to use doubloons for anything.

I think this captain is specifically talking about physically with no mouse buttons present on his mouse, how does he "right click" to do the sell options menu.


 

YES!!!!  I need to know HOW to sell using a single button mouse.  The control, option, command, and fn buttons do nothing for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[FLAYR]
Members
14 posts
654 battles
7 hours ago, TRACER___ said:

Yeah it must be an issue with woes and Mac's control click.  Get yourself a cheap 2 button mouse and use it for nothing but the odd case of a needed right click.  

 

On the other hand what do you use for free look? It's right click and doesn't loose your aim when checking your surroundings (mostly).

That doesnt work either...When I move, the turrets move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
622 posts

I can’t think of any. But someone else might. 

You should have 1250 in your account. If not let me know. Perhaps start a new thread asking advice on how to spend them sparingly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
622 posts

Sorry. While I played on a Mac mini it had a cheap two button mouse. The last time I used that damn single button mouse was in a lab. Awful!

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[FLAYR]
Members
14 posts
654 battles
8 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

I can’t think of any. But someone else might. 

You should have 1250 in your account. If not let me know. Perhaps start a new thread asking advice on how to spend them sparingly. 

 

10 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

I can’t think of any. But someone else might. 

You should have 1250 in your account. If not let me know. Perhaps start a new thread asking advice on how to spend them sparingly. 

If you are saying that you placed 1250 gold in my account...OMG! Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[FLAYR]
Members
14 posts
654 battles
6 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Yes I did.

Sorry about the wrong info. Hope this helps you once you solve the mouse issues. 

Again, Thank you so much but I don't think it went through.  I just logged in and it still says 0 doubloons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×