You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IvanPonomarev

Friendly PSA to Cruiser Gameplay

14 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
344 posts
9,764 battles

1. You do NOT charge caps at the beginning of a game. That is when you start your engines do not charge in and get womp womp by the entire enemy team.

2. You do NOT cruise, shoot, and show broadside to all the enemy ships. you sail at an angle and kite the enemy team.

3. If you are an American cruiser you do NOT sit in the open like a carrot. You huge and use islands. You are a weak as hell ship.

4. You stay a medium range to support your dds. If you are being changed then kite away.

5. Don't rush in just so you can use your torps. If you are one of the last ships alive and a bb is coming around the island. Then that is applicable. 

6. If you potato any of these things it may be time to go to daycare in coop where you can learn to not be a potato.

7. Then you reap good karma for good plays and less bad karma from upset players when you die within 1 minute of the match beginning.

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,109 battles

Eh. Some of these sorta. Some of these sometimes.

Just....be good, and don't be a potato.

[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,031 battles

PSA must be another texting Acronym, some people still use whole words, so others don't have to go find out what the random letters mean IYCUWIACF (If you can understand where I am coming from) Now if you used TANSTAAFL I would have known what you meant.

• Cool 2

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,008 battles

I would also say to be flexible with your positioning (if you're solo).

Don't completely commit to one thing and flip out when things don't go your way. Follow the team, but don't lemming. Provide support where it is needed.
If a cruiser has radar, support your DDs. When I play a DD, I do my best to smoke up cruisers that give me support.

[INTEL]
Members
793 posts
8,257 battles

You mean a DM or Buffalo shouldnt be driving in circles out in the open spamming HE 12 km from 3 BBs? But I thought thats the new Meta, silly me.

Members
18,198 posts
5,196 battles
1 hour ago, IvanPonomarev said:

If you are an American cruiser you do NOT sit in the open like a carrot. You huge and use islands. You are a weak as hell ship.

From what I've seen this past weekend, an addition is needed.

Make sure not to position yourself such that, if you are threatened by enemies coming around your island, your only choices are to back up and get flanked lickety-split, or charge them.

IOW, don't cling to your position for so long that it also becomes the position of your wreck.....

[WFR]
Members
433 posts
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

From what I've seen this past weekend, an addition is needed.

Make sure not to position yourself such that, if you are threatened by enemies coming around your island, your only choices are to back up and get flanked lickety-split, or charge them.

IOW, don't cling to your position for so long that it also becomes the position of your wreck.....

I struggle with this part, lol.

not because i'm trying to actively troll, but just taking the gamble to hold a super aggressive position makes it almost worth it if you can pull it off. When it works, it's superb. 

but yeah.. i will agree that most times it doesn't cause well, i've screwed off by myself again. gotta stop doing that. :fish_boom:

Edited by SinisterSe7en

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

More or less right.

Members
18,198 posts
5,196 battles
1 hour ago, SinisterSe7en said:

I struggle with this part, lol.

not because i'm trying to actively troll, but just taking the gamble to hold a super aggressive position makes it almost worth it if you can pull it off. When it works, it's superb. 

but yeah.. i will agree that most times it doesn't cause well, i've screwed off by myself again. gotta stop doing that. :fish_boom:

I'm thinking it's often tunnel vision, which affects me often, but if I'm moving, if nothing else, I can angle towards/away from a newly-noticed threat much quicker.

[INTEL]
Members
638 posts
7,554 battles
4 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

PSA must be another texting Acronym, some people still use whole words, so others don't have to go find out what the random letters mean IYCUWIACF (If you can understand where I am coming from) Now if you used TANSTAAFL I would have known what you meant.

:cap_like: for Heinlein reference

Members
38 posts
877 battles
5 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's not. PSA was used on TV back as long as I can remember. I didn't know about another type of PSA until I got a bit older and my doctor recommended I have it checked yearly.