You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

26 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,017 posts
8,240 battles

Share yours.

Played fair bit on Saturday, none on Sunday because dealing w/ personal issues.

Lexington seems a cursed ship for me, virtually guaranteed to be uptiered w/ at least 6 AA T10s; wonder if T8 CVs are uptiered more than the other ship classes, in my 13 battles thus far all but 1 of them was facing T10s. The ridiculous AA severely limits my impact, and more annoying when get the potato team that melts within 5 minutes. When even a Yamato with no AA buff can drop half my bombers, free XPing to Essex seems tempting. Given up on expecting any meaningful AA help w/ enemy fighters because hardly anyone realizes that helping your CV get air supremacy is better protection vs. bombers than AA RNG vs. those bombers unless you've got tier advantage.

Got Z-52, went on her maiden voyage, victory w/ two kills. Thinking ship XP for the upgraded torps rather than my 912K free XP. It's been very amusing how many much more spotting I get to do in my DDs simply because the chance of facing up to 5-6 radar ships scares them that much, since unlike complainers, I see about adapting rather than grumble.

Shirayatsu, Cleveland, and Baltimore grinding all at same time. Uptier in Cleveland was annoying, but campfest stars lined up:

guZl82n.jpg

9I9KSMU.jpg

Think I hit Millionaire Club in MO--more than 1 million ship XP.

Lexington's uptiering is rather problematic since several AA builds have equal AA range and aerial detection range, so spotting damage is difficult. Maybe I will free XP to Essex, 1/1/2 doesn't cut the current requirements as Shokaku could, plus it's rather boring when the enemy Enterprise or GZ is helped by my teammates stupidly focusing AA only on bombers, letting them bring down my fighters easily and so their only air cover is gone.

Saw another forumite, but he must've ate his chat window cause he never replied to my greeting.

IkU5tPa.jpg

Edited by Reymu

[DANKY]
Members
498 posts
1,618 battles

Against the cliche, I ran into quite a few skilled teams this weekend, more red than green unfortunately.  I enjoyed several close and well-fought battles. I was especially impressed by a Des Moines who fought half a game with 20 HP, and helped secure a wild come from behind win in Standard mode. That guy could teach a class in using cover. 

Also, I added Hindenburg to the list of boats than can pls go scuttle themselves when I’m driving my Tashkent. Low arcs and good aim is OP dangit. 

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

Played mostly Scenarios and made bank. I was going to try and get the Eagle camo for the Baltimore but decided that it was just too much grind when I have other goals in WOWs, in mind right now. I did raise my WR from 49.77% to 49.83%, it's not easy to fix stats that you broke early on in your WOWs career.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,285 posts
4,243 battles

No spectacular battles for me by any means, but rather a steady, productive grind. Saturday was meh, probably because we were out late with the kids and gaming didn't even get started till 9:30pm, but the rest of the weekend was a blast. Friday (extending into early Saturday morning) I picked up an early win-kill-citadel and then ground through 500K damage to pick up the Indianapolis, claiming the Baltimore camo along the way. I should have loaded Free XP flags and camo on for that grind and I would have had the Nelson at the same time, because I was swapping ships like crazy and getting some first wins too, but what I did in the end was better - loaded the flags and camo on the Iron Duke instead, and spent Sunday afternoon finishing the grind in her.  

So by the time Sunday evening rolled around, I had two new Tier VII premium ships and a premium Tier VIII cruiser camo for which I paid NOTHING and one new tech-tree battleship. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles

Another mediocre weekend for me (like most of them)

had a great game in Asashio even though we lost and i got sunk.

5b4377d9b04a4_Screenshot2018-07-0620_09_21.thumb.png.cc78fc13fa64b3eb37718cacec5ca92d.png

had a couple of good ones in Kamikazi and Missouri and Montana.

every time i took a cruiser out i sucked in it... badly

And the environment was much much more toxic this weekend. some people really need some anger management courses

Edited by nina_blain_73

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Friday and Sunday went well. Saturday was hindered by so many people trying to complete the "do 200,000 damage to ships more than 20 kilometers away, in a single game" mission. So cap support was non-existent.

[INTEL]
Members
639 posts
7,559 battles

Mixed bag for me.  A couple of truly horrific derps balanced out with a few out of character performances (on the good side).

I have the Z-52 although I don't perform well with it...yet.  I'm going to work on it because I really like the ship. 

And the Helena provides some really hilarious results when a red makes a mistake within range.  She's not all that forgiving of captain mistakes though.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

I stunk this weekend and RNGesus only added to my woes. My last shot in my last battle last night sums it up well, 8 Km from a broadside Richelieu in my my own Richelieu and I only got three hits and they were bounces.:Smile_facepalm:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,807 posts
10,315 battles

I was away for most of it, came back late on Sunday and after 2 games the server went down, so I took the hint...

[INTEL]
Members
639 posts
7,559 battles
3 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

had a couple of good ones in Kamikazi and Missouri and Montana.

The Kami does make one look good.  One Kami run this weekend was satisfying even though we lost.  Spent most of my time defending the home cap.  It was one of those games where upon hearing "You are the last hope", I'm thinking if there were only more time I'd get me that Solo Warrior.

shot-18.07.08_14.22.34-0678_Kami_146k_HCaliber_13Torps.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts

Played like hell on Friday and Sat,  got busy yesterday and never got around to logging on, lol.  (when you own your own home, the list of projects and chores never ends...)

Typical weekend stuff- some games great, others full of drunks or ??? and er  um, not-so-great.

I mostly played ships I'm grinding, plus Baltimore for Cherry Blossom.  Gneisenau is now very close to being done, and Buffalo is at appx 2/3.   It's gonna be awhile for Cleveland, lol.    I took out Indy into Random for the container mission- and actually got first place, first time ever in this ship in a Random match.  Of course we lost...

Monty saw some action, too.   This weekend was more about grinding out captains and mission chains than anything else- the extra big first win bonus helped in that regard!  10.500xp on a first-win 5 star game in Cherry Blossom!!

No DD's got played, for some odd reason.  I was just riding the first win bonus train and sticking with whatever worked well.  Benny was just far enough down the list that I ran out of steam before I got to it...  I should have, though- most matches featured 3 DD's as an average, and thus the bots weren't focusing the entire team on one DD like they so often do.  Made for better games for everyone- esp the DD players.

[SF-3]
Members
1,525 posts
8,114 battles

Kind of a meh weekend. Had some really rough losses, then some really easy, low damage wins. Played some CW, didn't do so well, took Sunday off from them. Made good progress with the 200% exp bonus. Unlocked Zao and started playing it, really fun ship so far. Got the Indy and just wrecked (top tier). I was shocked to have 9.9 km radar at T7.

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles
1 minute ago, ClassicLib said:

The Kami does make one look good. 

Yes yes it does :)

5b437c469975c_Screenshot2018-07-0719_39_37.thumb.png.181b90441bfc4e978dbc650de54cbc47.png

• Cool 1

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
250 posts
8,286 battles

Remembered to play cherry blossom on sunday and stacked all my xp stuff in order to get over 15k free xp. Smashed my head against the keyboard for forgetting to do that the rest of the week to make use of that 200% xp boost fml

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,401 battles

I only was able to play for a bit Saturday afternoon, 50-50 wins and losses (playing solo) and the wins were struggles.  A lot of teams being too passive to actually contest a cap, or contesting too late in a match to matter even if we were winning the kills battle, or dying faster than I can deal damage to make up for them, or all going one way in a Standard Battle and then acting surprised when we get flanked and killed in less than 10 minutes despite me calling it at the beginning and then getting blamed for the loss. 

I also watched us lose because a Shima decided, instead of stopping the last enemy cap to give us time to finish off the last 2 ships, that he needed to torp from max range with widespread torps to kill the NC on the other side of the cap because "the NC would have killed him" (he wouldn't have, he was too far away to detect him).  So I watch the cap points tick from 950 to 1000 and a loss.  He threw that win for us, but to be honest if the team hadn't been so passive early to midgame and had to race the points at the end, we wouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

On the bright side, I finished the Indianapolis marathon and I set my new personal damage record at 262k, but it was a struggle bus battle right up until the end.  It was in a Conqueror which kinda diminishes it a bit I guess, but it broke down to 117k in AP damage, 64k in fire damage and 82k straight HE shell damage.  Still trying to edge toward the 300k barrier.

RL7LGGW.jpg

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
51 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Share yours.

Played fair bit on Saturday, none on Sunday because dealing w/ personal issues.

Lexington seems a cursed ship for me, virtually guaranteed to be uptiered w/ at least 6 AA T10s; wonder if T8 CVs are uptiered more than the other ship classes, in my 13 battles thus far all but 1 of them was facing T10s. The ridiculous AA severely limits my impact, and more annoying when get the potato team that melts within 5 minutes. When even a Yamato with no AA buff can drop half my bombers, free XPing to Essex seems tempting. Given up on expecting any meaningful AA help w/ enemy fighters because hardly anyone realizes that helping your CV get air supremacy is better protection vs. bombers than AA RNG vs. those bombers unless you've got tier advantage.

Got Z-52, went on her maiden voyage, victory w/ two kills. Thinking ship XP for the upgraded torps rather than my 912K free XP. It's been very amusing how many much more spotting I get to do in my DDs simply because the chance of facing up to 5-6 radar ships scares them that much, since unlike complainers, I see about adapting rather than grumble.

Shirayatsu, Cleveland, and Baltimore grinding all at same time. Uptier in Cleveland was annoying, but campfest stars lined up:

guZl82n.jpg

9I9KSMU.jpg

Think I hit Millionaire Club in MO--more than 1 million ship XP.

Lexington's uptiering is rather problematic since several AA builds have equal AA range and aerial detection range, so spotting damage is difficult. Maybe I will free XP to Essex, 1/1/2 doesn't cut the current requirements as Shokaku could, plus it's rather boring when the enemy Enterprise or GZ is helped by my teammates stupidly focusing AA only on bombers, letting them bring down my fighters easily and so their only air cover is gone.

Saw another forumite, but he must've ate his chat window cause he never replied to my greeting.

IkU5tPa.jpg

Its summer time dude you keep forgetting the weekend lasts until September.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

I've spent the whole +200% week grinding Ibuki, Dallas, Cleveland (in the scenario), and free xp via flag stacking, with a little bit of Saint-Louis and Kagero thrown in.  Anyway, this leaves me 7000 xp away from unlocking Zao, and at 430k free xp relative to less than 100k before July 2.  Other minor projects pursued with the scenario included grinding the Azur Lane Nelson from 6 to 10  skill points in preparation for British DDs.

This was the highlight game of the weekend - a loss, naturally.

shot-18_07_07_08_57.42-0469.thumb.jpg.7f612bf4e8bfc8bc04ed2adaf82175e1.jpg

And is Clan Wars going badly or something?  Because Sunday featured a certain amount of gratuitous salt and whinging from players in top clans.  Item #1: guy starts in at one minute mark addressing the team as "dumb Americans," which, you know, is hardly a strategy to win friends and influence people.  And while he did very well and had some valid points, he did very well playing the entire game 10-12 kilometers behind C cap in a range-spamming Hindenburg, which is hardly a position from which you have much right to tell others to be more aggressive.  Item #2, Cherry Blossom: guy in a Kutuzov sails out alone in front of the carriers toward the northern aerodrome, gets wrecked by torpedo bombers, and complains while insulting everyone that none of the AA cruisers came to save him - because, you know, when a ship sails out alone and gets sunk it is always the team's fault.  The rest of us stay in an overlapping AA bubble, roll up the Atago and the southern side of the bay, as one does, and win a 5-star victory with our four surviving ships.

You have the skill; try some class, people.

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles

Just the normal grind for elite XP, mostly. +3 on Saturday, even on Sunday in Randoms. and one 5-star mission in Baltimore. I now have 1 reserve RN 10-point captain ready for the RN DD's and will soon have a second. Need 5 in all so it is definitely do-able before the line comes out. I have 3 USN 10-pointers in reserve and can mix and match using my Premium USN ships with my three USN 19 pointers to get another 19 pointer, while doing the same with my three RN 19-pointers on the RN side.

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

I was on the winning side 10 in a row last night so I quit while I was ahead. :Smile_izmena:

[-BRS-]
Members
1,631 posts
13,589 battles

Well since I become a bbaby Instead of a destroyer driver I'm having a lot of fun popping radar cruisers left and right I managed to get the Montana and conquer this weekend Must say I'm enjoying burning people down but the broken HE mechanics  really makes salt flow

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,379 posts
9,538 battles

This weekend spree was a blast. Spent all my game time in WOWS this time. Picked up the Mass, Z-23 and the Henri IV. Instant love with the Henri. Really enjoying the Mass looking forward to a purpose build Captain. The Z-23 has been tough stock but I think I will absolutely love it once upgraded and with a good Captain.

[SF-3]
Members
1,525 posts
8,114 battles
18 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Good weekend like usual. Had some real nice games in both my Seattle and Massachusetts. Finished the Seattle grind, then immediately lost first two games in the rooster; suppose it's the highs and lows. Actually ran into @Kevs02Accord in a SF-3 div. I knew they would support me, so I capped points with my Seattle for them, @grumpymunky was on the opposite team. GG fellas. 

Worked a bunch though. So crammed in games when I could. 

I think that was on sleeping giant and we had no dd support on that side? Glad you caught me in that game, been playing like rubbish the last couple of days. Me and grumpy used to play in QP together. He told me in the next game one of his front guns was broken for nearly that whole match. GG though mate.