Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Dev Blog - ST Stalingrad balance changes

35 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles

ST. Balance changes. The Stalingrad cruiser.

Added HE shells with the following characteristics:

Initial Shell Velocity 950 m / s; Maximum HE Shell Damage 4500; Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell 33%.

Firing Range is reduced from 22,890 to 20,350. Reload Time of Main Battery is increased from 18.5 to 20 seconds. Rotation Speed of Main Battery is increased from 4.5 to 5.0  deg. / sec.

The parameters of the dispersion ellipse are set to similar values of the Graf Spee cruiser (better than battleships, but worse than common cruisers). The parameters of ricochet angles of the AP shells are changed to the standard values.

In this form, the cruiser will become more versatile, while retaining the possibility of an effective game while using armor-piercing shells. However, shooting armor-piercing now becomes more demanding to the player's ability to choose the right moment for the volley.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

5E45B25D-C77A-4845-A4BA-93830BA526DF.jpeg

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles

These are changes to the first version of Stalingrad. The version with better AP ricochet angles and no HE.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,046 posts
10,472 battles

Well, it brings it more in-line with a step up from the Kronstadt, rather that a ship from a different planet.  The AP only version, while being very appealing to some of the elite players, could be frustrating for good to average players.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles

That tall, flat superstructure - AP spam time for British cruisers.

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles
43 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That tall, flat superstructure - AP spam time for British cruisers.

If they can get  close enough to it to shoot before they get dev striked to oblivion.

[OPG]
[OPG]
Members
137 posts
7,330 battles

WG Gib 32mm bow, AP Only (USN normalization) with classic low citadel! Original was best stallingrad!

Edited by Zarenno
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
4 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

If they can get  close enough to it to shoot before they get dev striked to oblivion.

Edinburgh's detection range is 9 kilometres. Plenty close enough. Position, smoke up, shoot. If they give this Soviet paper obscenity radar, Edinburgh guns reach out further than any radar.

• Cool 2

[NGA]
Members
1,291 posts
7,840 battles

Look on the bright side, they didn't give her the 50mm plating that Moskva got.

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,421 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Edinburgh's detection range is 9 kilometres. Plenty close enough. Position, smoke up, shoot. If they give this Soviet paper obscenity radar, Edinburgh guns reach out further than any radar.

i would say that most players that can get stalingrad are capable of blind shooting the smoke camper. and i need more british cruisers camping inside smoke please.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
14 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i would say that most players that can get stalingrad are capable of blind shooting the smoke camper. and i need more british cruisers camping inside smoke please.

As far as I know, there are tactics for avoiding that fate. I suspect most Stalingrad captains will be so drunk with power they will overlook the obvious. I think we're in for a major surprise and a lot of disappointed Stalingrad captains.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,852 posts
4,744 battles

*primes Hitlerberg in anticipation of smiting these*

The unicums will have their reign, it'll be short lived, then the plebs will get her...and she will be garbage. 

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
2 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Look on the bright side, they didn't give her the 50mm plating that Moskva got.

Actually, the Stalingrad does have the 50 mm plating. The Moskva's bow belt was increased to 50 mm to match the Stalingrad.

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts
9 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

The unicums will have their reign, it'll be short lived, then the plebs will get her...and she will be garbage. 

You will be waiting a substantial amount of time for a significant amount of nonunicums to unlock her.

[WUDPS]
4,852 posts
4,744 battles
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You will be waiting a substantial amount of time for a significant amount of nonunicums to unlock her.

You'd be shocked how fast people can unlock stuff when motivated. 

[NGA]
Members
1,291 posts
7,840 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

You'd be shocked how fast people can unlock stuff when motivated. 

It's 28k Steel. No non-unicum is gonna be getting their hands on that much any time soon.

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts
1 minute ago, JediMasterDraco said:

It's 28k Steel. No non-unicum is gonna be getting their hands on that much any time soon.

This ^

[WUDPS]
4,852 posts
4,744 battles
3 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Don't underestimate the power of the force...

Beta Testers
2,121 posts
3,620 battles
27 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

unless you can consistently play in typhoon, there is 0% chance of getting her.

[5D]
Members
1,246 posts
7,238 battles
1 minute ago, JediMasterDraco said:

There's around 8-9 nonunicums that will be unlocking the Stalingrad at the end of this season from 5D. 

Hard work, teamwork, and selflessness can surmount even a unicum team. It's a critical reason as to why I like 5D. What a fully unicum team can do naturally can be defeated by a non unicum team. Not all of the time! But definitely enough for the Stalingrad flags.

[WUDPS]
4,852 posts
4,744 battles

Do you people honestly believe Wargaming isn't going to put this thing on sale? I mean c'mon. 

[NGA]
Members
1,291 posts
7,840 battles
1 minute ago, Hanger_18 said:

unless you can consistently play in typhoon, there is 0% chance of getting her.

Actually as long as you consistently win 15+ battles each season, you'll get her eventually.

[NGA]
Members
1,291 posts
7,840 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Venture said:

Do you people honestly believe Wargaming isn't going to put this thing on sale? I mean c'mon. 

They haven't put Flint or Black on sale. They might offer bundles that include Steel, but at this point I doubt they'll just plain sell it or the Stalingrad.

[WUDPS]
4,852 posts
4,744 battles
3 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

They haven't put Flint or Black on sale. They might offer bundles that include Steel, but at this point I doubt they'll just plain sell it or the Stalingrad.

This company runs off greed bro, I think they will sell her eventually. 

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,491 posts
3,435 battles
7 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

This company runs off greed bro, I think they will sell her eventually. 

Indirect sales of Steel probably. Likely from future Seasonal Crates (thus far, Halloween and Santa).

WG will get money off crate sales, lucky spenders get their Steel from the crates and can put them towards whatever Steel ship they have an interest in.

I'd assume Coal will join too, so you'd have Coal dropping often like flags and credits, and Steel dropping less-often, but around the same rate as a Ship (Santa) or a Visual Replacer Camo (Halloween).

Sign in to follow this