You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldHippie72

Server "TEAM" BOTs shooting team players.

19 comments in this topic

Members
66 posts
15,280 battles

For some time now I have had COOP team BOTs torping me when no ships are close or even in their range. This morning, in the Circle Flag match, a BOT torpped me and he was far far from any RED BOTs. Whats going on, WoW? Are they revolting? Having flash-backs? I think you need to check the program when BOTs are assigned to be a "Team Mate".

[SOFOP]
Members
256 posts
3,660 battles

They are trying to make co-op more challenging, so they made it a FFA (but just for the bots).

[ZR]
Members
961 posts
11,320 battles

Its simulating actual randoms and your teammates you will have there.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[WOLF6]
Members
1,876 posts
4,935 battles

I got torped by a Bot CV last night. He got chastised in chat by the system, and turned pink. I thought that was kinda funny.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts
8 minutes ago, Thornir said:

I got torped by a Bot CV last night. He got chastised in chat by the system, and turned pink. I thought that was kinda funny.

hahaha that is funny

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
399 posts
3,655 battles

I haven't had a friendly bot torp me yet, but recently some of the team mates in Co-Op act like bots, like launching poorly aimed torps at an enemy ship that is passing in front of a smoke screen that miss the enemy ship and sail unabated into the smoke screen ...that you're in.

Or a "friendly" Atlanta put a full broadside into your DD and turn pink as a result of it, and having not learned his lesson, did the same to a friendly BB only for the damage to be reflected onto him and kill him.

Or the friendly ships that turns and run as soon as a single 128mm shell from a DD splashes with in 1km of their boat, leaving you all alone against 5 enemy ships that you frantically try and run away from, desperately hoping your allies will turn and help you.

Or the friendly ship that stays so close to your DD that in heated battle of frantic maneuvering, dodging and weaving, they position themselves in the perfect way so as you crash into them and provide them with a nice bit of spaced armour to keep them safe.

You know, now that I think about it...the bots really aren't that bad.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,726 posts
9,120 battles

Never get in front of torpedo armed bots, never.

Community Department
2,128 posts
520 battles
57 minutes ago, OldHippie72 said:

For some time now I have had COOP team BOTs torping me when no ships are close or even in their range. This morning, in the Circle Flag match, a BOT torpped me and he was far far from any RED BOTs. Whats going on, WoW? Are they revolting? Having flash-backs? I think you need to check the program when BOTs are assigned to be a "Team Mate".

This is the last topic where similar issue was mentioned:

Thanks for reminding. It's a known bug. We'll fix it in the future updates.

• Cool 1

[CRUEL]
[CRUEL]
Members
154 posts
16,203 battles

Had one torp me on the Public Test Server Red Cv far out in front I and bot chasing side by side Dam thing torped me.

Members
138 posts

they are becoming more and more realistic.

i have seen then shoot HE with BBs, shooting at team members (and teamkilling), torpedos from second line, base camping and sniping …

… just like real players.

:cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,603 posts
25,771 battles
On 7/9/2018 at 6:45 AM, OldHippie72 said:

There are two proximate reasons they torp you. The first is that a long time from that period, a red bot will arrive at their torps. You just cant see that. Sometimes they try to torp through islands. The second is that there is a bug that causes the bots to drop torps 180 degrees from the direction they actually intend.

The more important reason is that WG has a kind of damage budget they want for each match, and team damage is part of that budget. Arbitrary damage like TKing, detonations, and CVs get players back in the queue faster. So they wont turn off team damage for coop and randoms even though it obviously should be off, and even though team damage is off in operations. 

Members
38 posts
904 battles

T1-3 on a new account are a riot. I highly recommend everyone, who hasn't experienced it lately, start a new account to experience the Keystone Cops bots. Just stay to the back for the first few minutes or you'll get torped/rammed.

[VOP]
Members
279 posts
7,063 battles
On 7/9/2018 at 9:57 AM, MountainManxDan said:

Its simulating actual randoms and your teammates you will have there.

Your human teammates in coop do this too.  Let the bots go first and sacrifice themselves to the Dark Gods.  Use them as meat shields.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
98 posts
3,019 battles

WG's new AI program is just....evolving......

GrotesqueCleanDanishswedishfarmdog-max-1

• Cool 1

Members
272 posts
3,561 battles

This has been amusing to read. I am a fairly dedicated co-op player (because static random battles drove me out) and I do see this quite a bit. Mostly I've been seeing 180 degree torp bug rather than the longshot torp bug, but I see my fair share of both. I'm pretty good at avoiding these events, but I also see quite a few of what I'm going to call "the premature discharge", this is when bots of either team spot an enemy for the first time in awhile and immediately fire in whatever direction their turret is pointed. The shells from these shots also act weird as they tend to fly in a straight line with no drop what so ever and they seem to fly far faster than normal shells. Most of the time, they hit either an island or nothing, but sometimes they hit you or each other. I have to admit, in many of the higher tier matches with the bots, the bots are as good or better than half the players I see. At least the bots don't spend the rest of the game playing the blame game in chat.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts

The one I find amusing is when bots torpedo a ship just as its bows are going under the water