You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Psycodiver

I hate the Guilo Cesar, yes I said it

34 comments in this topic

Members
1,631 posts
3,603 battles

First off, it is a good ship don't get me wrong but I hate it because I can't get a win to save my life. I bought the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya at the same time and I have no problem winning. I just had a kraken game where the only other Ally ship got 1 kill. I just spent the last week power grinding my Amagi captain in the ARP Kongos (taking advantage of the 200% first win bonus) and I was averaging around 90% WR with them. What is it about the Guilo Cesar that doesn't work for me? I just don't get it and I'm fighting the urge to sell my first premium.

Maybe I'll just tuck it away till the Italian BB line comes, it's the first ship in a while that I absolutely hate and it isn't even a bad ship

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,797 battles

Nothing at all, sometimes it just happens that way.  I recently stopped playing Alsace because, despite solid performances, I kept losing over and over and over again.  Actually got a solo warrior in it the last battle I played, things were that bad.  Only the 3rd such achievement I've had, and the prior two were in CVs I think.

I'll pick it up again after a while and everything will be fine.

[TBW]
Members
7,380 posts
13,543 battles

If you sell it you will just get it again in a Christmas or Super Create.

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,201 posts
14,096 battles

Do you survive to the end?

Do you average 75k in damage?

She is fast.

She has great armor if angled.

Accurate guns with minimal dispersion.

She is considered one of the OP ships.

[RLGN]
Members
10,030 posts
19,421 battles

NEVER sell a premium. Tonnes of reasons, too many to list; just don’t.

Don’t hate Caesar, but can’t get it to work like so many say it can.

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
952 posts
7,072 battles

It happens, man. I have a sub 50% WR (like 44 I think) with the GK. I love the ship, and it loves me and I do tons of damage, but wins just don't come often. 

Stick with it. 

[BNKR]
Members
460 posts
2,887 battles

I know dem feels...

fCoDavq.jpg

Also can't buy wins in my tier VII cruisers. Myoko is at like 38% and my Schors is 33%. I might not be super unicum in them, but I am not doing like just 10k damage a game, either. I could AFK and do better win rate wise. :Smile_sad: 

Some botes just seem cursed...

Edited by MajorEnglush

Members
2,052 posts
509 battles
22 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Do you survive to the end?

Do you average 75k in damage?

She is fast.

She has great armor if angled.

Accurate guns with mi final dispersion.

She is considered one of the OP ships.

n8NeJj2.jpg

I really like mine... I still have no idea how I even got one... one day it was just there in my port... when I play it, it is fun... win or lose...

[WOLF2]
Members
221 posts
5,870 battles

The GC is one of my favorite ships. Really helps to have at least a 10pt. Captain on it. It's my "relax and unwind" boat when higher tier matches ain't going my way.

Don't sell it!

w3hc5Gxh.jpg

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I think everyone has ships like that. Good ships but just can't seem to have an impact on the outcome. Don't look just at your WR though of course winning is awesome. Look at the damage you're doing... look at the XP. If you're lagging in all stats park her until you get a new perspective on how to play her... if it's just win rate go out and wreck face and get that skipper trained up. 

Members
1,201 posts
3,156 battles
20 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

I think everyone has ships like that. Good ships but just can't seem to have an impact on the outcome.

That's Yamato for me. I love the ship, I do well, I focus priority targets, etc., and I have a 30% winrate. 

[N-W-T]
Members
1,352 posts
5,695 battles

Feel the same way about the Orion. Even post-nerf people claim it's still a beast. My WR in it is in the high 30s. 

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,718 posts
12,103 battles

I have had it where sometimes, I can't get a win the bote, in which case I move away that bote.  And some days you can't buy a win it is the sign of the times.  So set it aside and on a day you are doing well, pull it out for a game or two.

[NLIST]
2,936 posts
10,622 battles

twiddles thumbs with 81% wr in cesare

[WOLF3]
Members
19,154 posts
17,521 battles

My Khab was once a much more problematic ship.  I had something like a 40% WR in her with 70 or 80 something matches.  This was annoying because if you look, I had 122 matches with Udaloi and a 61% WR.  Everyone and their grandmother was doing well in Khab but me.  It took me some work but I made the WR in Khab to be decent, now at 54% at 102 matches.  But my Khab Dmg Avg is still really low.

[HELLS]
Members
2,029 posts
19,390 battles

I can't get Scharnhorst, Belfast or Atlanta to work for me. Edinburgh, Leander, Fiji, Nepture and Minotaur on the other hand...yes indeed. Sometimes is just is...

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

Members
4,723 posts
7,731 battles

Tier 5 is weird. That is where GC is. Funky place at times. I have her. 

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers
154 posts
6,888 battles

I have and love her. 60% win rate. I also have the Gremmy, which is supposed to be OP, but when I drive her it's a mehbote. We just happen to click with different botes is all. But I agree, never sell a premmie, let it rust in dock if necessary, like my Gremmy.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
4,201 posts
14,096 battles
2 hours ago, MajorEnglush said:

I know dem feels...

fCoDavq.jpg

Also can't buy wins in my tier VII cruisers. Myoko is at like 38% and my Schors is 33%. I might not be super unicum in them, but I am not doing like just 10k damage a game, either. I could AFK and do better win rate wise. :Smile_sad: 

Some botes just seem cursed...

Nice damage game....

But it is map control and cap points that win games.

Not damage.

Not killing 5 ships, if your going for kills you had better kill all dem reds....

[BNKR]
Members
460 posts
2,887 battles
9 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Nice damage game....

But it is map control and cap points that win games.

Not damage.

Not killing 5 ships, if your going for kills you had better kill all dem reds....

Well, yeah, but it was a standard battle. And my Clemson is a bit better at contesting caps than the GC, even if it wasn't, tbh. :Smile_teethhappy:

(I do get your point, just doesn't really apply in this game. :Smile_Default: One more salvo and the last red is dead, but time ran out. Still made stupid bank, so I'm good. :Smile_coin: )

Edited by MajorEnglush
  • Cool 1

[WUDPS]
5,013 posts
4,848 battles

This ship uptiers like a boss...I troll in it nearly every match. 

This ship is what Roma shoulda been, Roma is an overpriced POS. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,498 posts
14,616 battles

That's OK, because every time someone kicks [edited]and loses, someone else potatoes for the win.

I've been playing like crap lately.  I mean, I just can't get things together.  But my short term win rate is north of 60%.

Members
1,631 posts
3,603 battles

Yep this ship is going away, Two Brothers tonight, team splits up evenly for once (should have been the first sign), enemy split up fairly even. We eventually win our side but the other side gets completely dominated and comes for us when we don't have the HP to trade. 3 kills, 96k damage and 1 dev strike. I then take the October Rev out and in a bottom tier match, 85k damage 2kills win no problem, take my Texas out bottom tier with T7 CV, shoot down 20 planes, 75ishk damage and 3 kills and another win.

On average I'm doing the same amount of damage as my other T5 BBs, sinking similar amounts of ships on average but I just can't win. Its a good ship too, its quick, turns well, accurate guns, trolly armor. I can make her work but I can't get a win. I never had a ship like this where its good but I can't win