Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GiN_nTonic

In-game resolution

5 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
765 posts
6,354 battles

I have a new 4k monitor and when I select 3840x2160 res and click apply nothing happens - so I assume this res isn't supported?

What I find odd though is there doesn't seem to be any middle ground options for resolution.  It jumps from 1920x1080 (which isn't good on 32" monitor) to the 3840x2160 (that doesn't work).  Why is there nothing in-between?

Thanks for any help.  I am using a LG 32UD99-W monitor.

Beta Testers
765 posts
6,354 battles

So i guess doing more research on the web, it appears most monitors are wanting you to use desktop scaling to achieve variables from 1:1 pixel @ 3840x2160.  However, i don't see a way to translate this into WoWS.  I can't be the first person to have this issue, so I hope someone can help .  Thanks in advance.

Beta Testers
765 posts
6,354 battles
20 minutes ago, Carniolan said:

I use 3840 x 2160 every day.

You didn't say what video card you're using.

Sorry, its a GTX 1060 in my MSI laptop.

When I select 3840 x 2160 in WoWS and hit "apply" it just sits there at 1920x1080 doing nothing and I can't exit out of the preferences dialog...but the game doesn't actually crash.

Thanks for the reply.

Beta Testers
765 posts
6,354 battles

Playing around with it more - oddly, when i go to "Windowed" mode I get to 3840x2160 BUT the res shows in-game at 1280x720 - and the performance is much slower.  However, I LOVE what I see that "could" be if I got it all working correctly.

Sign in to follow this