You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

Dear Wargaming could we extend clan battles?

22 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

So one could ask great Wargaming if we ever could get more time added into clan battles? What would be nice is clan battles open in daytime hours instead of nighttime hours? Some of us have to work and other things that go down during the nighttime hours that are currently posted at moment.   Perhaps be great for All Regions to be able to vs each other like EU/ASIA/RU/US/other areas.

[SCCC]
[SCCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
99 posts
4,899 battles

Ive asked them this before and the answer I always get is "no plans currently". I'm in the same boat, when I work dinner shifts I dont get home till 11 to midnight. Sucks but I guess WG just doesn't care enough.

[SALVO]
Members
19,999 posts
19,924 battles
17 minutes ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

So one could ask great Wargaming if we ever could get more time added into clan battles? What would be nice is clan battles open in daytime hours instead of nighttime hours? Some of us have to work and other things that go down during the nighttime hours that are currently posted at moment.   Perhaps be great for All Regions to be able to vs each other like EU/ASIA/RU/US/other areas.

I suspect that the vast majority of people work something close to normal day time hours.  Whether this carries over to the population of WoWS, I don't know.  I absolutely would NOT like to see CB's moved to day time hours.  I prefer it at night the way it's been from the start.  

I know that this may be difficult for a (probably) small percentage of the community, but WG can't accommodate 100% of the community short of running CB's 24/7.  And even then, I doubt that many clans would be able to get 7 people together to do CBs, unless those clans specifically picked memberships around the idea of, for example, doing afternoon CBs.

Also, it's been a while since I played WoT heavily and participated in a clan and WoT clan wars.  But last I recall, even in WoT, clan wars was only available for a limited window every day.   So, having limited time frames for CBs in WoWS is hardly unprecedented. 

• Cool 1

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts

makes no sense to me why dont they make it like 5 clan wars a day or something instead of timeframe crap

like seriously its easy to fix this

unreal

[SALVO]
Members
19,999 posts
19,924 battles
12 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

makes no sense to me why dont they make it like 5 clan wars a day or something instead of timeframe crap

like seriously its easy to fix this

unreal

What do you mean by "5 clan wars a day"?  5 clan battles a day?  Heck, my clan fights more than 5 CBs per session, because we're almost always able to field a full team.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
4,210 posts
14,114 battles

Due to work, I can only do an hour and a half 3 nights out of 4.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles

Although having more Hours and different times to play Clan battles would be nice I’m not sure a lot of Clans could muster the 7 required players for battle

[HINON]
Members
10,656 posts

Last I heard they were working on a way for all the servers to fight one a other to open up more time availability.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I have 30 members in my clan. But due to real life commitments, like work, family, and other things, We have only been able to run two clan battles total since clan battles were added to the game

Only having them open for such a limited time frame is the stupidest thing WG has ever done.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
606 posts
3,578 battles
1 hour ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

not even in a clan asking for it to be extended

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Maybe Add Mercenaries. A listing of Players not in a clan but wanting to play Clan Battles.

Mercenaries get full Clan rewards in Battle and can fight on up to 5 teams per season.

Mercenaries are selected by The Clan leadership.

Mercenaries put in their time available on any given Clan Battle day.

Clan Members can not be Mercenaries for other Clans.

ARRGG has 39 members and has Put together several Clan Teams but not consistently. 6 guys wanting to battle and can't get the 7th.

I think every WoWs player should have Clan Battles access through a Mercenary Program.

It would allow Small Casual Clans to put together teams when Short Members.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,588 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I absolutely would NOT like to see CB's moved to day time hours. 

It would be nice if they would open them up all hours, but I'm not sure even all 4 servers combined would support that.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,361 posts
1 hour ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I have 30 members in my clan. But due to real life commitments, like work, family, and other things, We have only been able to run two clan battles total since clan battles were added to the game

Only having them open for such a limited time frame is the stupidest thing WG has ever done.

The numbers aren't there...it should be obvious after last season.

[187]
Members
1,254 posts
7,830 battles

Well you can't just have it open 24/7 for 30 days or whatever you would have the clans with kids my sons age who don't work live at home with mom playing 24/7 for 30 days....however that is probably still the ones who are winning it now....MOM!

MOM...

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles

The days and hours selected are because that is generally when the most players are online.  The reason the hours are limited is to keep clans from rushing through the leagues and causing a shortage of teams available once they've reached the top.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

They expanded the hours, what last season? I know its inconvenient for some folks but I think they are trying to make it was fair as possible. Like not having one really good clan get on and just crush people over and over because there isn't anyone else on.

[NGAGE]
Members
4,361 posts
6,388 battles
16 hours ago, Kitsunelegend said:

It's a necessary evil.  Making Clan Battles available 24/7 would cause havoc with the MM, balancing and final standings.  

The limited window Clan Battles is active for ensures there are as many clans on as possible at one time.  Otherwise the queue times would be insanely long and lead to far more imbalanced matches, "Hurricane clan vs Gale Clan" and so on.  On top of that it would provide a massive advantage to larger clans with enough people to keep playing around the clock.  Not to mention, just imagine how hellish the final push for top spot would be if one clan managed to get enough players ready to mount a 24+ hour marathon push for the top.  Everyone else would be forced to match them or risk losing just based on playing fewer games.

WG had to select a limited window for Clan Battles to be active on.....and given it's impossible to find a time that works for everyone....I think they did as good as job as can be expected. 

Edited by yashma

[-GPF-]
Members
768 posts
4,095 battles

Not saying this makes it ok, but having limited a time Clan Wars is open probably makes more people get on at the same time, which helps ensure there are enough teams on.

[SF-A]
Beta Testers
347 posts
11,270 battles

I can only get on after 2100 PST. I could participate in clan battles if WG would extend the hours by 1 hour. Because I can't make the current window, I moved to the casual subclan, and I miss out on all the benefits that CW offers those who participate. 

[CRMSN]
5,849 posts
4,145 battles
On 7/8/2018 at 6:29 PM, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

I would personally like to see an extension into september as a lot of our members are out on vacation or away with family. 

Like for me I can play W and TH  but sat and sun in summer months really doesnt work well.... 

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:25 AM, C_D said:

Well you can't just have it open 24/7 for 30 days or whatever you would have the clans with kids my sons age who don't work live at home with mom playing 24/7 for 30 days....however that is probably still the ones who are winning it now....MOM!

MOM...

well if they can link the server this could very be possible we dont mind waiting to get a match. Hell rank battles ran 24/7 and it was ok.