Queen Elizabeth Upgrade Advice

5 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,148 posts
6,627 battles

Slot 1 - main battery mod 1.

Slot 2 - damage control mod 1.

Slot 3 - wiki advises AA guns mod 2, but given the sluggish turret traverse one would think Main Battery Mod 2 is a better idea. I should state that my captain is retraining and doesn't have full access to Expert Marksman yet, and perhaps when I do it will be passable.One hopes so, because having either more AA range or more secondary range could be a good thing on this ship.

Slot 4 - Who takes what here? More damage control sounds attractive, but better rudder shift might avoid it in the first place. Decisions, decisions. Advice welcome.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

AA is already pretty good without the AA mod, and the secondaries aren't good enough to buff. i took the turret rotation buff. 1.5 second addition to the reload is a small price to pay for turrets that actually get on target occasionally.

i always take rudder shift on the 4th slot for BBs. i always try to stay mobile. the ability to turn is key to survival.

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,951 posts
4,461 battles

I think mine is Fully AA-Spec, albeit I only really play mine in Operations. 

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,802 battles

This is the only BB I was comfortable running full AA spec on, though you need exp marksman.  With manual AA it is quite capable of holding its own against even T8 CVs, while the gun accuracy is still quite good.

And I always run rudder shift on my BBs.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
207 posts
5,269 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Slot 1 - main battery mod 1.

Slot 2 - damage control mod 1.

Slot 3 - wiki advises AA guns mod 2, but given the sluggish turret traverse one would think Main Battery Mod 2 is a better idea. I should state that my captain is retraining and doesn't have full access to Expert Marksman yet, and perhaps when I do it will be passable.One hopes so, because having either more AA range or more secondary range could be a good thing on this ship.

Slot 4 - Who takes what here? More damage control sounds attractive, but better rudder shift might avoid it in the first place. Decisions, decisions. Advice welcome.

I took MBM2 in slot 3 because holy hell those turrets are glacial. And yes, I have EM on my commander.

I pretty much always take Rudder in slot 4 on my BBs, makes it easier to dodge torpedoes.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.