Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Any changes to the Indianapolis with the USN line split?

5 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
3,417 posts
17,836 battles

I've been taking it out for the container drops and it's the same as it was in 2016. 14.3 second loading times, decent fire chance, pops like a pimple when a T5 BB looks at her. Makes me wonder if WG is giving her away because no one wants to play her. The New Orleans have a better reload time than her. The only advantage is radar but that's situational. She's going back to port after this contest is over.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,224 battles

The only change is seeing her in play. Some really good players are doing well in her but the average player will find her hard to use. She doesn't take hits well and she has a long reload for a cruiser so she's no good at fighting the DD she can spot with radar.

She's been power crept into oblivion. I do love seeing her on the enemy team though. Generally easy blap.

[INTEL]
Members
7,064 posts
28,898 battles

Not the best but not bad either. I take her out of coop only for the container missions. I do decently enough on those battles. Even came top once or twice.

Guns are good, radar is very good.

Not my choice for top half on the tier but serviceable in my view.

[YEETS]
Beta Testers
222 posts
3,855 battles

If I remember right, she did get a couple of slight buffs once the CA line dropped.  The rudder shift and turret traverse were buffed a little closer to old Pensacola levels, which were buffs I appreciated given the loss of a ship I'd had a guilty pleasure in enjoying.  That being said, WG would have been better off improving the reload given the New Orleans.  Indy's reload feels like it takes an eternity now.

I can get some good games out of her now and then, but that takes a lot of luck and a 19 point John Doe.  Both USN CAs at tier 7 have pretty much been power crept out of any real viable use.  New Orleans is destined for the scrapyard in my port once the sale ends tomorrow, her 14 point captain will probably end up in the Fletcher once it's unlocked.  Indy?  She's good for the daily XP bonus if nothing else.

Sign in to follow this