You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Gax_

Just when you get good with a ship its time to putchse the next tier in line.

46 comments in this topic

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

Just when I get good with a ship. I.E. consistent play, higher damage output, more citidal hits etc. Its time research and purchase the next ship in the tree. Anyone else notice this?

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,380 posts
14,643 battles
2 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

Just when I get good with a ship. I.E. consistent play, higher damage output, more citidal hits etc. Its time research and purchase the next ship in the tree. Anyone else notice this?

Who says you have to stop playing that ship? no one is saying you HAVE to move on.  this game is yours to enjoy playing what ship(s) you enjoy. so if you get good at one, and like it,  keep playing it.

• Cool 6

[S0L0]
Members
285 posts
6,346 battles

No one is making you give your ship up.

I mean, yea you learn how to play a ship and you get better at it over time, apply the skills you learned to the next level ship. :)

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
4 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

1 minute ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Who says you have to stop playing that ship? no one is saying you HAVE to move on.  this game is yours to enjoy playing what ship(s) you enjoy. so if you get good at one, and like it,  keep playing it.

You could move on, keeping the old ship(s) to play when you feel like it.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

You get good with a ship much faster than I do. Consider me jealous.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,301 posts
6,746 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You could move on, keeping the old ship(s) to play when you feel like it.

Port slots may be the OP's issue here. They're certainly mine right at the moment. (No I don't need any more right now, especially with three new ships just this weekend, but my Weymouth stays where she is for now because she's placeholding for the British destroyers).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Port slots may be the OP's issue here. They're certainly mine right at the moment.

True, but there are sales on port slots. And if you really like a ship, then you could still keep it.

Members
141 posts

off course.

its natural that you get better, the more you do it. Basic learning.

but who tells you not to keep the ship or buy it again after a while? 

i have almost all german DDs in my port on EU. I brought the maass again after a longer time and while i had troubles making her work during the middle and beginning of my grind, she is now one of the ships i love most. Same with the gaede. The leander is another example. I have bert (17 points) as a captain on her and i am having a blast in the ship. 

keep the ships you like and play them if you are having fun. Because you having fun (and off course improvement) is more important than high tier ships, that are a chore for you to play.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,301 posts
6,746 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

True, but there are sales on port slots. And if you really like a ship, then you could still keep it.

*nods* It depends on whether OP is free-to-play or willing/able to pay money/win enough doubloons. I'm going to let them speak for themselves on the matter.

I will agree with what others have said, though, that just because you've finished a ship doesn't mean you have to move on from it. If you really enjoy it, keep it and play it. It would be nice to know the specifics, but unless your new ship represents a watershed (e.g. Tier IV to Tier V, and eligible for missions that win stuff), there's nothing that ought to drive you to move up if you're comfortable where you are.

[SOV]
Members
2,633 posts
20 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

i agree. I have 5 t10 ships and dont play them much. I claw my way to the top them when I get there its "hummm" time to grind the next line.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have done the Grind Far to many times. I have a small fleet of 84 ship.

This last grind for the Indy has taken its toll, I have handed over my Commandership to my #1 and I am taking a Break from WoWs.

War Gaming has made Playing this game too much like a Job for little rewards.

I Love the game but The Game has become  less Fun and more work.

I suggest to you OP Take your Time and don't do the Grind for the sake of doing it.

Nobody will hold it against you stopping at a tier your comfortable  with.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

*nods* It depends on whether OP is free-to-play or willing/able to pay money/win enough doubloons. I'm going to let them speak for themselves on the matter.

I will agree with what others have said, though, that just because you've finished a ship doesn't mean you have to move on from it. If you really enjoy it, keep it and play it. It would be nice to know the specifics, but unless your new ship represents a watershed (e.g. Tier IV to Tier V, and eligible for missions that win stuff), there's nothing that ought to drive you to move up if you're comfortable where you are.

:cap_like:

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,224 battles

The worst thing you could do is sell a ship you love playing to tier up and find yourself in a ship you hate but have a lack of funds to buy the ship you liked back. Not to mention elite status ships make you lots of free xp. I get it though if you are short on port slots. I drop money on this game to make it easier and my time playing more effective. Might be worth your time to drop a couple bucks if you have the income to make your time more enjoyable. Just a thought.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,301 posts
6,746 battles
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I have done the Grind Far to many times. I have a small fleet of 84 ship.

This last grind for the Indy has taken its toll, I have handed over my Commandership to my #1 and I am taking a Break from WoWs.

War Gaming has made Playing this game too much like a Job for little rewards.

I Love the game but The Game has become  less Fun and more work.

This is what Tier 1 ships in co-op are for, but if you feel you need a break, go for it. I also am thoroughly tired of grinds, but I will finish out the Indy Marathon and 2600 miles tasks to maximise my chance at winning a premium destroyer (the Indy missions will probably drop into my lap now that I actually have the ship), and then I might even drop back to co-op for a while. Which I keep promising to do, but then WG dangles new and attractive bait in front of me! :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
4 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

The worst thing you could do is sell a ship you love playing to tier up and find yourself in a ship you hate but have a lack of funds to buy the ship you liked back. Not to mention elite status ships make you lots of free xp. I get it though if you are short on port slots. I drop money on this game to make it easier and my time playing more effective. Might be worth your time to drop a couple bucks if you have the income to make your time more enjoyable. Just a thought.

Elite ships earn elite ship XP that you have to spend doubloons to convert it into FXP, for the new players out there.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,224 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Elite ships earn elite ship XP that you have to spend doubloons to convert it into FXP.

Yeah that's why i mentioned dropping a bit of cash on the game. It does make your time much more efficient though and thusly more enjoyable. If you have the funds and don't mind like i said.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
6 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Yeah that's why i mentioned dropping a bit of cash on the game. It does make your time much more efficient though and thusly more enjoyable. If you have the funds and don't mind like i said.

Oh I agree. It was just that your post made it seem like elite ships make FXP in your post. 

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,224 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh I agree. It was just that your post made it seem like elite ships make FXP in your post. 

Ah, not my intention to be misleading.

Yes it does cost dubloons to transfer the xp. I find for myself its very helpful with some of the high tier garbage barges in the game ( I'm looking namely at you tier 9 )

[DOG]
Members
570 posts
7,244 battles

I keep ships I like, even after I grind up to the next level.  Ships I've kept along the way, even after grinding past them to the next tier:  Kuma, V-170, Nurnberg, Fletcher, Normandie, Lyon, and Akatzuki.  Basically, if the ship is fun to play, and the next ship up the line doesn't look like just the same ship with minor tweaks, I'll keep it.  Otherwise, I move my commander up to the next tier.  Which means I usually have to start grinding a new one for the ship I decide to keep.  This was very painful in Akatzuki until I got 10 points, and could get concealment expert back.  6.4 km is bad, but 7.2 was like sailing around with a giant "kick me" sign taped to my back.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
5 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Ah, not my intention to be misleading.

Yes it does cost dubloons to transfer the xp. I find for myself its very helpful with some of the high tier garbage barges in the game ( I'm looking namely at you tier 9 )

:)

The only T9 I did was the Baltimore and it wasn't bad. I've heard some horror stories tho.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,224 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

:)

The only T9 I did was the Baltimore and it wasn't bad. I've heard some horror stories tho.

I love my Baltimore. I hear bad things but those 203's do naughty things to other botes. 10 sec reload is...eh but when you hit something you hit something hard.

I only have the T8 one, haven't played the T9 one. Heard it lost its heal?

Edited by xalmgrey

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
6 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I love my Baltimore. I hear bad things but those 203's do naughty things to other botes. 10 sec reload is...eh but when you hit something you hit something hard.

I only have the T8 one, haven't played the T9 one. Heard it lost its heal?

At T9 Baltimore had a heal and the 6th slot. At T8 the Baltimore lost both of those. 

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,224 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

At T9 Baltimore had a heal and the 6th slot. At T8 the Baltimore lost both of those. 

Ahhh yeah. Losing conceal and heal. The guns were unchanged i hear?

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
11 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Ahhh yeah. Losing conceal and heal. The guns were unchanged i hear?

T8 still has the 5th slot with concealment. The 6th had the reload mod, so the guns are slower now.