You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

It seemed like a good idea....

4 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,511 posts
14,640 battles

...taking my Alsace into the cap early in the game.  After all, I drive this one a lot like the KM line.  In for the brawl.  And it wasn't a yolo. I had a DD and a CA in close support.  What could possibly go wrong?   Well, our DD took a torp and died early...then the CA went boom.  I didn't see what did it.  But suddenly..I was all alone.  And there was  LOTS of smoke.  I knew there were at least two DDs in cap.  And a Des Moines was just pounding me.  WASD this...WASD that.  Dodge a spread here...dodge a spread there.  DDs spotted..two of them...secondaries go crazy.  A few main rounds score...Oh no!!!  There is a third one.  Three DDs...and a T10 CA...and I'm catching some long range fire from a BB I know not where.  My targeting circle is a constant four or five.  Almost half their fleet has me targeted.  No..wait...there are FOUR DDs.... oh crap.

Torps all over the place.  Some in front...some behind...some get combed.  My secondaries finally get one DD.  I main the other one...double strike...the third's torps just missed.  Can I get three...Three seconds and he's dead....3....2...Boom.  Damn....taken out by the Shimi's main battery fire.  Oh well.  This is the way it ended for me.  Forty torps...all missed.  Two DDs killed and one severely crippled.

In aggregate...I don't know what was going on at the other caps...because when I came up for air (after I died..pun intended), the only two kills were the two DDs I dispatched and we were losing.  

The fun moment was when the CA captain (that had died early) came up in chat and said I was his hero.  He had witnessed the entire affair.  Win or lose, that was worth it.  

We lost...but it was a blast.

4d.thumb.jpg.00dc6ad615cb86c9bab1ccb0cb09e1b1.jpg

• Cool 1

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles

I always read the shoni posts....

Why?

Cause there is no whining!

3 dds, a des, and a bb... ouch hate it when i roll into the hornets nest, but fun at the same time!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,272 posts
10,908 battles
5 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

I always read the shoni posts....

Why?

Cause there is no whining!

3 dds, a des, and a bb... ouch hate it when i roll into the hornets nest, but fun at the same time!

Too many people miss that it isn't always about the win.

• Cool 1