You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shannon_Lindsey

Arsenal coupons

12 comments in this topic

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
256 posts
6,639 battles

In the future, how common or rare will it be to get the 25% off coupons for the arsenal? I was thinking about getting Campbeltown to begin training commanders for the upcoming DD line, but I don't know if I want to use the 25% coupon now, or save it for much later for a ship like Salem if they are very rare.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

In the future, how common or rare will it be to get the 25% off coupons for the arsenal? I was thinking about getting Campbeltown to begin training commanders for the upcoming DD line, but I don't know if I want to use the 25% coupon now, or save it for much later for a ship like Salem if they are very rare.

Stalingrad is not coming out to update 7.8. WG warned those who are gathering steel for Stalingrad to save their ship coupon. So I would expect the ship coupons, and maybe others, to be uncommon to rare. WG had said nothing official that I know of besides that warning.

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles

I just spend a 25% coupon on a Spotter Plane upgrade. According the game I get a new coupon 28/July/2018. 
Whether this applies to ships, I dont know.

[S0L0]
Members
1,046 posts
5,603 battles

The other thing regarding the lower-cost coal ships is the addition of the new "resource" containers with the next patch. Between the regular daily containers and mission rewards giving resource containers on the test server, I'm averaging ~600 coal per container, 400 coal minimum, with multiple drops of 1200 coal in a single container. At that rate, a ship like the Soupcan really won't take that long to acquire. If you get just one Resource crate a day, with the minimum drop of 400 coal in each one, it's about a month and a half of play, at the VERY worst case scenario.  I'd save the coupon for something nicer.

It is possible, of course, that they have buffed the drop rates for the test server, but I'm not sure what the point would be. You can't actually buy anything with coal in the Arsenal on test, it's just loaded with T10 ships for their new team event.

Matt

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
256 posts
6,639 battles

I know that in the near future (6 months~) I am for sure wanting 3x Hydroacoustic Search Mod 1, 4x Surveillance radar Mod 1, and Campbeltown from the arsenal, and as of this moment, I have 42,800 coal saved with no coupons used. If the mod coupon replenishes monthly, that is very good for what I am trying to do. That said, if I am averaging two containers a day, will I keep pace? Also, has anyone used a ship coupon already?

[-K-]
Members
6,108 posts
10,244 battles
22 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Gallant would be a much better British DD trainer for you.  I have Campbeltown in port and can confirm she is mediocre at best.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
6 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Gallant would be a much better British DD trainer for you.  I have Campbeltown in port and can confirm she is mediocre at best.

My thoughts exactly. Save the coupon for the big stuff.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
256 posts
6,639 battles
40 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I will remember that when I can afford more premium ships. To me, right now, I am trying to keep my real money spent on this game limited to premium time.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The ship coupon is given every 6 months

Do they accumulate if you do not use them?

I have all of the coal ships with the exception of Musashi and Salem. So I won't use a coupon for a while.

[OO7]
Members
4,234 posts
10,903 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Do they accumulate if you do not use them?

I have all of the coal ships with the exception of Musashi and Salem. So I won't use a coupon for a while.

I don't know, that's just the date it showed me and I tested it to see if it changed based on when the coupon was applied, but the date was fixed 180 days from when arsenal came I to the game so I'm guessing they will accumulate. 

Well find out when 30 days pass and if we get multiple signal and camo coupons

Edited by Ducky_shot

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I don't know, that's just the date it showed me and I tested it to see if it changed based on when the coupon was applied, but the date was fixed 180 days from when arsenal came I to the game so I'm guessing they will accumulate. 

Well find out when 30 days pass and if we get multiple signal and camo coupons

Shiny, thank you