Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

Ideas for specific ships with the upgrade modules

9 comments in this topic

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,262 posts
15,028 battles

Have coal, burning my pockets as if I had black chips at Mandalay Bay... Any thoughts on specific ships that really benefit from the upgraded modules? Longer radar seems like a no brainer, just curious where some of you put these things.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,670 posts
24,443 battles

Damage control on USN BB - got my Missouri up to 28 sec or so.

Hydro on my DD killers Leander and Fiji, though I'm putting them on my KM CA up to T 8 I think.

Radar on Commie Cruisers

Edited by slokill_1

[TBW]
Members
7,397 posts
13,567 battles

Most of the people I have seen that have tried them don't like them. The trade outs seem extreme in most cases.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,262 posts
15,028 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Most of the people I have seen that have tried them don't like them. The trade outs seem extreme in most cases.

ya...interesting... its why I have held out... I may go with the captains xp camo....

Members
5,357 posts
6,097 battles

I think all DDs benefit from the engine boost module. You trade longer active time for What? Propulsion mod 1? Which isn't really all that beneficial because a DD should be using last stand. I think the ability to go faster for a longer period of time is worth the risk of the engine taking critical hits more often.

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles

I have added extended radar to Des Moines, Moskva, and Buffalo

Added sonar to Haida, Helena, Z-43 and Z-52.

Smoke to Haida and Perth.

Extended DFAA to Chapayev, and Henri.

Speed Boost to Akizuki,  Udaloi and Khabarov.

All worth it to me.

(Perth/Des Moines/Moskva/Akizuki/Udaloi/Khabarov/Z-52/Chapayev were installed long ago, before coal).

Also I now remember way back I got extended scouter plane from a crate. What was I going to do with that? I tried it in Perth and liked it. Combined with extended smoke I can keep bringing smoke with me and scout around for threats/targets, from inside the smoke. YMMV

Edited by alexf24

[TBW]
Members
7,397 posts
13,567 battles
44 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

I have added extended radar to Des Moines, Moskva, and Buffalo

Added sonar to Haida, Helena, Z-43 and Z-52.

Smoke to Haida and Perth.

Extended DFAA to Chapayev, and Henri.

Speed Boost to Akizuki,  Udaloi and Khabarov.

All worth it to me.

(Perth/Des Moines/Moskva/Akizuki/Udaloi/Khabarov/Z-52/Chapayev were installed long ago, before coal).

Also I now remember way back I got extended scouter plane from a crate. What was I going to do with that? I tried it in Perth and liked it. Combined with extended smoke I can keep bringing smoke with me and scout around for threats/targets, from inside the smoke. YMMV

I think we are talking about these.

Unique Upgrades

Mission Possible The mission to earn the new Unique Upgrades starts on June 29. Stay tuned!

Each Tier X ship will get one unique upgrade tailored specifically to it. All you have to do to obtain the upgrade is complete a chain of combat missions using a particular ship.

The aim of these upgrades is to adjust the characteristics of a ship to make it perform better in a specific role. However, the unique upgrades are mounted into existing slots and have balancing parameters. Our intention is that the unique upgrades will add to the variability of ship builds while keeping ships in balance with each other, even if one ship has the unique upgrade and another does not.

Let's take a look at a few examples. You can find all the details related to the unique upgrades for 20 ships in a separate article.

Großer Kurfürst (Slot 6)

• –15% to main battery loading time
  • –15% to secondary battery loading time
  • –7% to main turrets traverse speed
  • –8% to main battery maximum firing range

Gearing (Slot 5)

• –15% to detectability
  • +5% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy attacking your ship
  • +15% to main battery loading time
  • +5% to torpedo tubes reload time

image.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles
14 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I think we are talking about these.

Unique Upgrades

Mission Possible The mission to earn the new Unique Upgrades starts on June 29. Stay tuned!

Each Tier X ship will get one unique upgrade tailored specifically to it. All you have to do to obtain the upgrade is complete a chain of combat missions using a particular ship.

I thought they were talking about extended upgrades. Are we talking about Legendary Upgrades? These are very different. For the utility of those I defer to Flamu's excellent review of them, covering which ones are worth it, and which ones are garbage.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,262 posts
15,028 battles

ya, I was thinking of regular upgrades not legendary,,, ended up buying camo, I total sucker for captains xp

Sign in to follow this