Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RustyOldFart

Retrained Yamamoto Isoroku for Akizuki

16 comments in this topic

Members
3,783 posts

Well I retrained Yamamoto Isoroku for Akizuki as in the title.  For my two fourth row captains points I took Concealment Expert and IFHE.  Knowing that IFHE is a must have on Akizuki.  How ever the next two points I'm not really where where to go with it.  What should I do with my last 4 available points no he's not a 19 point captain yet just 18.  What do you guys think I should do.  Should I spend these last points I have available or should I wait until I get the 19th piont?

shot-18.07.08_08.50.19-0340.jpg

[SYN]
Members
279 posts
10,683 battles

I would put SE on Akizuki now and when you reach 19 respec if you want....its a long wait from 18 to 19 points?  good luck M8

[HYDRO]
Members
2,783 posts
4,571 battles

LAST STAND LAST STAND. And when you hit 19 points spend the last 3 on Survivability Expert. I went a different route with my own Commander, but whatever floats your boat. Last stand is a must regardless of  which DD tier or nation however.

Members
636 posts
7,580 battles
10 hours ago, torpsRus said:

Well I retrained Yamamoto Isoroku for Akizuki as in the title.  For my two fourth row captains points I took Concealment Expert and IFHE.  Knowing that IFHE is a must have on Akizuki.  How ever the next two points I'm not really where where to go with it.  What should I do with my last 4 available points no he's not a 19 point captain yet just 18.  What do you guys think I should do.  Should I spend these last points I have available or should I wait until I get the 19th piont?

shot-18.07.08_08.50.19-0340.jpg

Retrain because I see 6 wasted skill pts.  IFA total waste as is Smoke Screen, SI ok but you have better options.  Why would you not take his buffed PM, especially in a DD?

PM, LS, SE or BFT, CE, IFHE, AR, then whichever 3pt you skipped earlier.  DE could be swapped for SE or BFT, but SE and BFT optimal, just boost back fire chance with flags.

Definitely want BFT and AR.  With those stacking at 25% health gets you down to a 2.3 second reload, get a Kraken and his special skill kicking in, that's down to 1.9 seconds.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,523 posts
7,983 battles

The 1pt and 2pt selections you have selected now don't get you much benefit on this ship.  The long range indicator is more for cruisers being shot at by BBs (DDs are hard to hit that far out and can move before a shot arrives anyway) and the smoke screen expert is for UK cruisers that have limited puffs of smoke.  The points are much better used on PM and last stand (last stand is a must on any DD).  In the second row, I would take adrenaline rush as my 2nd 2pt selection, but you could also make the argument for EM as a 2nd 2pt selection for turret rotation when gun fighting.  I pretty much take adrenaline rush on all my ships.  Its all about damage output, especially later in the game when you are less healthy and the game is more reliant on your ship.  SI is always a good selection for the 3rd point and the extra consumable, especially when running the premiums.  You can use them up quickly, and efficiently to get maximum benefit without running out.  A 2nd 3pts can be put on SE, because the extra health in a DD makes a big difference and may allow you to survive an early battle.    IFHE is a must on this ship as is concealment for any DD.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,253 battles

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000011010000100010000119

This is my personal recommendation for the Akizuki & Harekaze 100mm gun focused build. I would honestly reset your current skills for a better selection IMO.

Another funny thing, I did the opposite of you & retrained Yamamoto from Akizuki to Yamato since he got an EM buff.

[NWNG]
Members
2,767 posts
4,643 battles

1. First point skill should either be Preventive Maintenance, or Priority Target. You are a DD, you should automatically assume everyone is targeting you once you're spotted, so PM is the go to skill... That, and your main batteries are only protected by 13mm armor, which makes them rather easy to damage and knock out.
2. Last Stand should have been your first choice for 2-point skill. Smokescreen expert is wasted on Akizuki unless you're going to play support and use smokescreen for your allies and not yourself. Should have taken advantage of the Expert Marksman boost so that you can train your guns on target faster. You'll get traverse speed up to 19 degrees per second, giving you 9.5 seconds roughly, for a full 180 degree traverse.
3. Survivability expert, or Demolition Expert should be your next 3-point skill (a lot of people say to go SE, but that is not required). I personally would not have touched Super Intendant, but the skill choice is fine.
4. Standard picks for Akizuki, nothing wrong here.

NOW, if you want to have some fun here's what you do:

Spoiler

1. PM <--protect your main batteries, they are only protected by 13mm armor.
2. LS then AR (Could still take Expert Marksman for faster turret traverse speed, in which you want to replace AR. LS is still needed for when your engines are knocked out)
3. BFT then DE
4. IFHE then AFT

Upgrades;
Slot 1:  Main Armaments Modification 1
Slot 2: Steering Gears Modification 1 (-20% to repair time of Steering gears)
Slot 3: Aiming Systems Modification 1 (Could also use AA Guns Modification 2 for an AA Boost)
Slot 4: Steering Gears Modification 2
Slot 5: Steering Gears Modification 3 (-80% to repair time of steering gears)

You are forgoing all forms of stealth for dodging. Dodging incoming attacks, if played correctly, can be almost as effective as stealth... And... look, -80% and a -20% to repair time of steering gears... -100% to repair time total... Your steering gears, when knocked out, will pop back into action almost immediately. Your rudder shift time (from full starboard to full port, or vice-versa) will drop to 2.76 seconds (if I did the math correctly, which I am sure I did).

Not many people would expect 15km firing range on an Akizuki, due to the long flight time of the shells. However, it can still be quite an effective tactic.

Good Luck, and Fair Seas.

[-K-]
Members
6,088 posts
10,229 battles

I currently have Yammamoto trained on Akizuki as well, but I'm beginning to believe he may be a better fit elsewhere in order to maximize his skill benefits.  Akizuki, being such a lethal DD hunter, will have a very tough time getting a Kraken in this radar heavy meta right now, and hence denying the reload and health boost that comes with it.  I think the potential of those benefits is awesome, but until the meta shifts again, I'm starting to debate whether he is better used on Zao or Yamato in the interim.

Thoughts?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,253 battles
7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I currently have Yammamoto trained on Akizuki as well, but I'm beginning to believe he may be a better fit elsewhere in order to maximize his skill benefits.  Akizuki, being such a lethal DD hunter, will have a very tough time getting a Kraken in this radar heavy meta right now, and hence denying the reload and health boost that comes with it.  I think the potential of those benefits is awesome, but until the meta shifts again, I'm starting to debate whether he is better used on Zao or Yamato in the interim.

Thoughts?

~56 second turret traverse on Yamato/Musashi is a nice improvement over the... ~62 seconds it had before if I'm recalling the numbers correctly. But on the other hand an extra heal on the Zao would be nice too (first blood), even if it's not a common occurrence. I currently have mine on Yamato & swap him with my Musashi a lot. Actually he sits in my Musashi more.

[-K-]
Members
6,088 posts
10,229 battles
1 minute ago, GoldPile said:

~56 second turret traverse on Yamato/Musashi is a nice improvement over the... ~62 seconds it had before if I'm recalling the numbers correctly. But on the other hand an extra heal on the Zao would be nice too (first blood), even if it's not a common occurrence. I currently have mine on Yamato & swap him with my Musashi a lot. Actually he sits in my Musashi more.

I'm thinking just for the reduced reload benefit he would be valuable.  With the lack of DDs out there right now, a Kraken is a lot more feasible in Zao or Yamato than it is in Akizuki at the moment.  Maybe when the next full DD line is released, Akizuki can be viable again.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,253 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm thinking just for the reduced reload benefit he would be valuable.  With the lack of DDs out there right now, a Kraken is a lot more feasible in Zao or Yamato than it is in Akizuki at the moment.  Maybe when the next full DD line is released, Akizuki can be viable again.

I don't count on it, although it has won me a game once. Usually the match's pretty much over when it kicks in. I use him more for the improved EM, the rest is more "fluff" added on. It is hilarious seeing a 15 second reload on 460mm guns though, probably 13 seconds if I had lower HP. Although I will be more liberal in spamming heals if I get first blood, 6 on BBs & 5 on CAs.

Edited by GoldPile

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
22 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

LAST STAND LAST STAND. And when you hit 19 points spend the last 3 on Survivability Expert. I went a different route with my own Commander, but whatever floats your boat. Last stand is a must regardless of  which DD tier or nation however.

IMO of this boat it is a must. Vigilance isn't bad because huge sluggish boat has a hard time getting out of the way of torps.

[-K-]
Members
6,088 posts
10,229 battles
6 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

IMO of this boat it is a must. Vigilance isn't bad because huge sluggish boat has a hard time getting out of the way of torps.

It's a must on every DD.

[HEROS]
Members
1,567 posts
13,475 battles

Funny, I just recently respecced Isoruku on my Aki and got rid of IFHE...The one essential 4 point skill is RPF for me...I run no concealment at all which means you can spot me at 7.2 Km...but with the radar changes I have to run further back anyway as the Aki is not known for "nimble"   At 14 km I can use AP on ships (any ship) and have a very very good chance of getting deck pens even on BB's with the 100mm guns.  And my fire chace goes back up by 1% without out it.. run the fire chance flags factor in rate of fire, your going to start MORE fires because HE doesn't need to pen to start a fire.   I run TAM instead of the concealment module, works very well for me in conjunction with RPF. 

Aki is a complicated ship.  I drive her more like a light cruise (IJN style: see KUMA) then a  DD though she is very capable of pulling off those DD moments.. she just does it a little slower.

Study this, be sure to set it to the Ak's guns!

https://mustanghx.github.io/ship_ap_calculator/

Sign in to follow this