Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
05Chopp

X(O) marks the Spot goes live next patch

70 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,223
[YORHA]
Members
4,008 posts
6,970 battles

Dds should be a lot more worried about this than Radar.  Radar has limited range and duration.  This is constant and only limited by your gun's range.

This is one mistake I think WG should be called on.  It is bad for the game.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,605 battles
4 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

OK what are those of us that do not know looking at here?

That circle shows where your guns are aiming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
614
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,176 posts
5,632 battles
1 minute ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

OK what are those of us that do not know looking at here?

It's an indicator on the mini map that gives players a rough idea where their shells will land.

So if your aiming cursor reads 12km, then the small circle on the minimap will indicate that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,610
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,761 posts
3,937 battles

I'm in full support of this. More to benefit my cruisers and some DDs when blind firing over islands or into smoke as they have better non-locked accuracy than BBs. I just have to remember what key locks in range so that I could blind-fire over islands rather than hit the island (if there is one).

Edited by YamatoA150

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
10 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Dds should be a lot more worried about this than Radar.  Radar has limited range and duration.  This is constant and only limited by your gun's range.

This is one mistake I think WG should be called on.  It is bad for the game.

You still need to swing guns and aim. DD's are still a very hard to hit target when piloted by someone with skill and wanting to stay alive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

So dumbing down the game more? Maybe they should just give every one guided missles and call it good.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,091
[TBW]
Members
7,383 posts
13,562 battles

It would be a really great thing, if I could line up a shot over an Island and not hit the Island when a ship is spamming HE while undetected. That's what it really needs to do. Of course that would put an end to US cruisers. I always thought it kind of suck that I can hit a target over an Island when spotted but the shells won't go there when it gets unspotted, they just hit the Island.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,223
[YORHA]
Members
4,008 posts
6,970 battles
5 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

You still need to swing guns and aim. DD's are still a very hard to hit target when piloted by someone with skill and wanting to stay alive. 

It's the combination of the Last Know Position marker and this new abomination that makes it a serious problem.  .

DD's still like to sit in smoke and blast away if they think they are out of range of radar They will get easily blapped.

Cruisers and CVs who park behind islands  are going to be easy meat.  If they are spotted by planes and there is a BB anywhere near.. say bye-bye.

Ever the BB drivers who like to camp at the very limits of their range  (most of whom can't aim properly anyway) are gonna get suffer..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,223
[YORHA]
Members
4,008 posts
6,970 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It would be a really great thing, if I could line up a shot over an Island and not hit the Island when a ship is spamming HE while undetected. That's what it really needs to do.

Maybe WG will add a feature where all of the red boats will sail slowly past you in single file, broadside, with their guns pointing in the other direction. 

Would you like that too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,091
[TBW]
Members
7,383 posts
13,562 battles
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

They will get easily blapped.

The dispersion is not so good when not locked on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
708
[INTEL]
Members
1,227 posts
10,828 battles
7 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

So dumbing down the game more? Maybe they should just give every one guided missles and call it good.

 Not really. IME a large percentage of players appear to be running some form of WOWS that doesn't display a mini-map or scoreboard header.

 

DD rushes blind around an island less than a minute after 2 cruisers were spotted moving behind that same island.. shocked when he gets deleted.

 Score is 990-10 with 10 sec left in match. "YOU STUPID DD CAP A!!!"

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,091
[TBW]
Members
7,383 posts
13,562 battles
4 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Maybe WG will add a feature where all of the red boats will sail slowly past you in single file, broadside, with their guns pointing in the other direction. 

Would you like that too?

 

7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It would be a really great thing, if I could line up a shot over an Island and not hit the Island when a ship is spamming HE while undetected. That's what it really needs to do. Of course that would put an end to US cruisers. I always thought it kind of suck that I can hit a target over an Island when spotted but the shells won't go there when it gets unspotted, they just hit the Island.

I added more to that post and sure if they want to do that, but only for me.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,223
[YORHA]
Members
4,008 posts
6,970 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The dispersion is not so good when not locked on.

I have 15 guns with an 8.5 sec reload on my Helena that would like to take that bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,091
[TBW]
Members
7,383 posts
13,562 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

I have 15 guns with an 8.5 sec reload on my Helena that would like to take that bet.

I guess less DDs will be getting torped in their smoke then, since they won't be sitting in it anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,223
[YORHA]
Members
4,008 posts
6,970 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

 

I added more to that post and sure if they want to do that but only for me.

I agree the "Islands become magnetic" feature sucks and WG has been promising to fix it for years but still nothing.

Instead of dumbing the game down for the Steambabies, maybe a little focus on that would be in order.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
393
[WOLF2]
Members
1,260 posts
8,562 battles
6 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

It's the combination of the Last Know Position marker and this new abomination that makes it a serious problem.  .

It will be interesting to see how it plays in storm conditions.   Can't tell you how many times I can see the red player on the minimap, as my teammates are firing, but he's not within the 7km spotting range, so I have nothing to fire at.     This should help.   Will it break the game?   We'll have to put it into practice to see.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,223
[YORHA]
Members
4,008 posts
6,970 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I guess less DDs will be getting torped in their smoke then, since they won't be sitting in it anymore.

So are you looking forward to the 10,000,000 "DDs GET SCREWED AGAIN' posts?   Cuz I'm not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,762
[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,440 posts
4,559 battles

People are already firing over islands and shooting into smoke. Not sure how this is gonna to improve their gameplay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,762
[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,440 posts
4,559 battles
Just now, Frederick_The_Great said:

this will make blind firing in cyclone a lot easier. 

you have a good point there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,223
[YORHA]
Members
4,008 posts
6,970 battles
Just now, MajorRenegade said:

People are already firing over islands and shooting into smoke. Not sure how this is gonna to improve their gameplay

If you line up a DD and he smokes up he is still moving forward.  As things stand now you have a fair chance to hit him.  With this just put the marker slightly forward of his last position and fire.  The, when you reload, put the marker slightly behind his last position and fire.

Lather, rinse & repeat until DD dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
694 posts
9,009 battles

What's a mini-map?  :etc_hide_turtle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×