You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rafael_azuaje

Indianapolis Need Buff

49 comments in this topic

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,928 battles

I have the Indianapolis , the cruiser need some buff becuase he is very fragile/weak is a omaha in T7, 

maybe Add Heath consumable.

Edited by rafael_azuaje
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,445 posts
4,559 battles

i feel that ship is weak compare to the other cruisers of it tier.

• Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
2,837 posts
4,590 battles

The way I see it, (and it feels like), it's a New Orleans that trades reload for the radar and extra range. She isn't a very good ship, but definitely a workable one.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
7,064 posts
28,898 battles

It's ok as the NOLA is ok. Not the best of the line but not bad.

Fragile? How is the Omaha, Pensacola, NOLA, Dallas? Same thing, and that is the USN line. It is less fragile than other cruisers. guns are very good. Radar is excellent. As Premium it is not supposed to be the best at the tier and never will be.

Edited by alexf24

[WOLF8]
Members
375 posts
7,188 battles

“I don’t know how to play this and am unable or unwilling to learn.  Please make it easier for me.”

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
3,783 posts
1 hour ago, rafael_azuaje said:

I have the Indianapolis , the cruiser need some buff becuase he is very fragile/weak is a omaha in T7, 

maybe Add Heath.

Indianapolis is a light cruiser it does not need a buff.  Maybe you should actually learn how to play it.

Members
83 posts
4,216 battles
23 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Indianapolis is a light cruiser it does not need a buff.  Maybe you should actually learn how to play it.

Speaking of learning, Indy is actually a heavy cruiser...

• Funny 6

[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,599 battles

I would have said yes before but not now that everyone and his Mother has it.

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,928 battles

friends  I tell you INDIANAPOLIS need some buff as health, he is very weak and is incompetent, because he not have : torps, smoke, health, he has radar & hydro but he in batlle is first blood as omaha.

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,928 battles
4 hours ago, torpsRus said:

indianapolis is heavy cruiser with big guns 203mm, FIJI is ligth cruiser with guns 152mm and he has health. 

Members
260 posts
14,296 battles
12 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

maybe Add Heath consumable.

shot-18_07.08_23_24.39-0925.thumb.jpg.ff3ace5ef68a25fb88fbf98f6b7a6a06.jpg

How about you  "Learn To Play" ?? It's a fine ship if you know how to play a Cruiser.

If you need more armor and time to aim and think about things, play a Battleship.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Members
8 posts
3,449 battles

I wouldn't mind slightly buffing the rate of fire up to 5-6 rpm, cue balling was a thing.

Edited by Treksdot

[USNGL]
Members
87 posts
5,019 battles

Indy is fine if you play her right. She has monster guns and good enough concealment and range. IF you are getting shot to death often you're playing her wrong. 

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,438 posts
12,810 battles
On 7/8/2018 at 10:57 AM, alexf24 said:

It's ok as the NOLA is ok. Not the best of the line but not bad.

Fragile? How is the Omaha, Pensacola, NOLA, Dallas? Same thing, and that is the USN line. It is less fragile than other cruisers. guns are very good. Radar is excellent. As Premium it is not supposed to be the best at the tier and never will be.

That's the sound of Belfast laughing.

[INTEL]
Members
7,064 posts
28,898 battles
27 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

That's the sound of Belfast laughing.

That is why Belfast is not offered anymore.

Note to self: I should play mine more often.

Members
191 posts
2,914 battles

She is objectively subpar based on server stats and just an overall look at the ship's stats and abilities. Underwhelming armor, mediocre maneuverability, hard-hitting guns that are knocked down a peg from the rainbow arc and the long reload time, and a lack of torpedoes for last-stand payback against BB's that end up too close. The radar and AAA are nice, but that's about it.

She's not "terrible," true, and one can have good games in her, but she brings nothing really great to the table. The radar is unique at that tier, but that requires you to get close - a bad place for a cruiser to be - and given your long reload time, you won't get too many shots off before it stops. A modest rate of fire buff might be in order to make the radar a bit more useful, particularly since US CA's are just piles of guns anyway. 

Edited by old_radagast
  • Cool 2

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

If WG was going to buff this bote they would've already done so. Look at Atlanta. She's been out a LOT longer than Indy and there have been more requests to improve her survivability, gun arcs, and torpedo range than you can shake a stick at, all totally ignored by WG. (the folks who loudly proclaim that they value customer feedback and listen to it)

[PFD]
Alpha Tester
50 posts
2,851 battles
On 7/8/2018 at 11:30 PM, BigJohnsonLogan said:

shot-18_07.08_23_24.39-0925.thumb.jpg.ff3ace5ef68a25fb88fbf98f6b7a6a06.jpg

How about you  "Learn To Play" ?? It's a fine ship if you know how to play a Cruiser.

If you need more armor and time to aim and think about things, play a Battleship.

How about you stop being so arrogant and attacking fellow posters suggestions- you had a good game awesome, it happens but the overall majority says it has the same problem it needs a heal    

[SRBL]
Members
218 posts

In the two cruisers you have an issue with, the Indy and Omaha, I have a 58% and 56% win rate so maybe it's not the ships. 

• Cool 1

Members
260 posts
14,296 battles
8 hours ago, Teuen101 said:

How about you stop being so arrogant and attacking fellow posters suggestions- you had a good game awesome, it happens but the overall majority says it has the same problem it needs a heal    

So saying someone needs to learn how to play a cruiser is arrogant and I am attacking them ?  You are a pretty sensitive fellow, the type who would want a "participation" medal for coming in last place in a competition, right ?

Cruisers don't get heals until Tier 8. They get a shorter fire timer(30s vs 60s in a BB), they are more maneuverable than  a BB, turrets turn faster than a BB, shoot faster than a BB, more accurate AP than a BB but you want it to have a Heal cause it's too weak ?

It's even got Radar and Sonar too at Tier 7, but still it's too weak.

Sorry, I think it's fine for Tier 7.

• Cool 2

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
968 posts
8,432 battles
20 hours ago, BigJohnsonLogan said:

So saying someone needs to learn how to play a cruiser is arrogant and I am attacking them ?  You are a pretty sensitive fellow, the type who would want a "participation" medal for coming in last place in a competition, right ?

Cruisers don't get heals until Tier 8. They get a shorter fire timer(30s vs 60s in a BB), they are more maneuverable than  a BB, turrets turn faster than a BB, shoot faster than a BB, more accurate AP than a BB but you want it to have a Heal cause it's too weak ?

It's even got Radar and Sonar too at Tier 7, but still it's too weak.

Sorry, I think it's fine for Tier 7.

A single screen shot of an, I guess, okey game doesn't mean anything.

Maybe post why, in your opinion, the ship is fine. Instead of going "oh look what I did...this one time".

But back on topic. Does the Indi need buff? Questionable. You could argue both ways. It gets radar at tier 7. It's not a Belfast...but hey it's a CA at tier 7 with radar. The play style is meh. It's nothing different than every other USN cruiser really as far as a general play style for USN ships go. You got Radar, defensive AA, sweet American 203's and premium ship credit making benefits. The only thing I would actually want buffed on this ship would be the top speed. But you can't have it all. (specially for free )

Edited by Vekta408

[HDM]
Members
386 posts
13,215 battles
On 7/8/2018 at 8:55 AM, torpsRus said:

To be a light cruiser(CL) it would have to have 6" (156mm) guns. It has 8"(203mm) guns so is a heavy cruiser.

[-WTP-]
Members
4 posts
9,373 battles

Actually.............they just buffed it during the last patch. Moreover, you already have the radar range of a Des Moines, most likely the most disgusting gun range for a T7 cruiser, and a dispersion value that is ridiculous.