You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Murray_50

Haida......worth getting

12 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
7,078 battles

The HMCS Haida is up for sale for a few more days. I have seen it do well in a number of battles. Is it worth the money?

• Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
7,380 posts
13,558 battles

Yes. are you trying to talk your self into it or out of it. The only bad point is grinding the captain without a line.

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles

Haida is good, just not an easy mode to play ship. It has a high skill floor.

You must be good at gunboats, you must play her aggressively and you must have a highly skilled commander (I wouldn't even think of playing it with less than 14 points).

Read the very detailed review by LWM in this Forum. It will answer all your questions.

Edited by alexf24

Members
4 posts
7,078 battles

I put Haida into search and guy no results, I will try again.

I am a CL and BB guy, being older, but I have good results with Farragut and I play my Atlanta like a big dd and make a killing on other cruisers if I get close enough. Only thing is the Atlanta isn't the best at turning on a dime.

As a Canadian I feel it is my loyal duty to get Haida 

[TBW]
Members
7,380 posts
13,558 battles
9 minutes ago, cranky_Jim_1 said:

I put Haida into search and guy no results, I will try again.

I am a CL and BB guy, being older, but I have good results with Farragut and I play my Atlanta like a big dd and make a killing on other cruisers if I get close enough. Only thing is the Atlanta isn't the best at turning on a dime.

As a Canadian I feel it is my loyal duty to get Haida 

Have you seen Mouse's review?

LittleWhiteMouse is Canadian also.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[O_S_D]
Members
48 posts
11,579 battles

Here is LWM's review. Take her recommendations for build and equipment and Haida works wonders. It is a very fun ship and as a Canadian, you are obligated to buy it!  :cap_like:

Members
4 posts
7,078 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Have you seen Mouse's review?

I finally found the Haida reviews, for some reason I was in BB's instead of dd's doing my search, I'll get back into dd's to do the search again.

[TBW]
Members
7,380 posts
13,558 battles
3 minutes ago, cranky_Jim_1 said:

I finally found the Haida reviews, for some reason I was in BB's instead of dd's doing my search, I'll get back into dd's to do the search again.

I am sure that there are video reviews on YouTube also.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
4 posts
7,078 battles

I'm wading through all of the reviews. I have another 12 days to think about if I will pull the trigger and buy it. Thanks for help guys

[NDA]
Supertester
5,148 posts
15,278 battles

I think if you're from the great white north and play WoWs you're almost required to buy the Haida with the Maple Leaf Camo. 

But I'm not Canadian and I already own the best Tier 7 premium Destroyer so I won't be getting the Haida. 

Members
1,813 posts
9,678 battles

Hey

I have to say, I am really enjoying the Haida so far, lots of fun and that quirky smoke actually works pretty well.  I put the smoke generator upgrade on mine.  It's to get aggressive with her and you can bully a lot of ships with it.  This would be OP if she had another rack of torpedo's.

Pete