You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Seal Clubbing at it's Finest

26 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
4,010 posts
6,976 battles

RgnThjA.jpg

Just a matter of having the right team composition.

On the other side.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,510 posts
13,915 battles

TIL having a very decent match at T7 is 'seal clubbing'. What's next, T8 is considered seal clubbing as well?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3

[YORHA]
Members
4,010 posts
6,976 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

TIL having a very decent match at T7 is 'seal clubbing'. What's next, T8 is considered seal clubbing as well?

Trust me... these were Seals.

[TOG]
Members
3,408 posts
17,715 battles

I need to see the replay file, but I played a match recently in the Haida where both sides were seals. I was the sole dd on my tm. I told them I was going C and they all followed me into C. The red tm also had the same idea. I killed red tm's sole dd (mahan) and a Budonny was killed later by my tm. I solo capped C,  looked around and decided to solo cap B then A. I probably could had boosted my kill score by picking off ships at the edges, but I though securing the caps was more important.

It has been commented that players are failing to T10. It is frustrating, but there are times it creates opportunities for you to exploit.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[ARMDG]
Members
2,072 posts
2,705 battles

...I thought the line for "seal clubbing" was generally around tier 4 or 5. Tier 7 is definitely a point at which players should at least somewhat know what they're doing.

[DOG]
Members
567 posts
7,178 battles
4 minutes ago, Rion12 said:

...I thought the line for "seal clubbing" was generally around tier 4 or 5. Tier 7 is definitely a point at which players should at least somewhat know what they're doing.

As long as tier VII ships can be purchased in the premium shop, the bloody skinned carcasses of juvenile harp seals will litter the ice and tundra.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,510 posts
13,915 battles
6 minutes ago, Rion12 said:

'should'

You must be new to online gaming. Welcome.

[ARMDG]
Members
2,072 posts
2,705 battles
Just now, Lert said:

'should'

You must be new to online gaming. Welcome.

Oh, trust me...there's a reason I used the qualifiers "should" and "somewhat."

I've been playing a metric-ton of Tier X lately, and even there, you can easily run into people who very clearly do not understand things that many of us would consider basics (like "don't sail broadside to everything").

[TOG]
Members
3,408 posts
17,715 battles
2 minutes ago, Rion12 said:

Gee you think? :cap_tea:

You have tms lemming to a single cap and then stay there! Worse if its a far cap. Then you have a map like shard where DD's decide to go for the far cap even if there are reds who spawned right next to it. Players would know how to work their ship ( maybe). Vision control and map awareness? Doubtful.

[YORHA]
Members
4,010 posts
6,976 battles

In this battle I had 2 Cruisers and a BB that thought it would be a good idea to "cross my T".

I hope they are re-thinking that strategy now.

Oh, almost forgot...  in the right situation Helena is an absolute beast.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

There are people complaining about +2/-2 MM that say that T10's are seal clubbing T8's. :Smile-_tongue:

[PVE]
Members
826 posts
10,920 battles

had a tier 8 domination match yesterday in which 3 tier 10's chased a Zao to the bottom corner of the map.

I was told to shut up when I asked how they made it to tier 10 without knowing how to play domination mode.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,895 posts
8,766 battles

Seal Clubbing may be best defined, as A skilled Player or High Tier, playing a low tier ship and removing 5-6 non clan players at the lower tier.

[PAT]
Members
1,641 posts
3,530 battles
1 hour ago, Rion12 said:

I've always thought of 7 as sealclubbing.  To me the game falls into seeing tier 10s or not. 7 can only see the rather underwhelming tier 9s, so to me it's clubbing. Also, tier 7s see tier 5 players, who are the definition of clueless.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,588 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

What's next, T8 is considered seal clubbing as well?

It probably is if you're the only guy with a T-10 ship; everything is relative. People say cats are fun and cuddly, to a mouse it's a monster.

1 hour ago, Rion12 said:

Tier 7 is definitely a point at which players should at least somewhat know what they're doing.

You would certainly think so ... however ... ?

41 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

There are people complaining about +2/-2 MM that say that T10's are seal clubbing T8's. :Smile-_tongue:

The saddest part of this is that in some cases, they're right!

17 minutes ago, megadeux said:

Also, tier 7s see tier 5 players, who are the definition of clueless.

Let me introduce you to my Fujin ... 

• Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,010 posts
6,976 battles
39 minutes ago, StingRayOne said:

Seal Clubbing may be best defined, as A skilled Player or High Tier, playing a low tier ship and removing 5-6 non clan players at the lower tier.

1dak04.jpg

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
631 posts
4,526 battles

This post isn't about Seal Clubbing, just an excuse for OP to show us his EPEEN

epeen_zps4e55e097.jpg

• Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,010 posts
6,976 battles
27 minutes ago, missile742 said:

This post isn't about Seal Clubbing, just an excuse for OP to show us his EPEEN

epeen_zps4e55e097.jpg

Huh.

Who are you again?

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

It is to hardcore tier 10s.

But tier 7 considered seal clubbing? Bah! Play tier 4 and under to be a proper seal clubber.

5b4241d851ca0_Sealclub.jpg.6316e542c2a5aece1f43bacf3bced438.jpg

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

It's not really seal clubbing at Tier VII, but whatever.  Good match anyway.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Heck, if we're expanding the definition of seals, then I'm going to start calling tier 10 the official seal preserve. There are so many abismal tier 10 players these days. I guess they figure if they're always top tier then their complete ineptitude will vanish.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
631 posts
4,526 battles
2 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Huh.

Who are you again?

Your point?