You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Yorck vs shchors vs Helena vs Myoko

38 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
2,566 posts
10,447 battles

Belfast.

Oh silver ship ? Then Fiji and Algérie. I'm not saying Myoukou and Schors are both bad, but I had more fun playing Algérie and Fiji that's all .

I didn't played Helena but she seems quite strong for her tier. Definitely a ship I must try someday 

[4HIM]
Members
2,225 posts
6,552 battles

Depends on what style of play you like.  Which T6 cruisers do you like.  If you liked the Leander, you'll love the Fiji.  I enjoy playing the Fiji.  But the French cruisers to me seem to be the most balanced.  Haven't played the Shchors or Yorck enough to say one way or the other.  Not a big fan of the IJN line and have only gone up to Aoba.  And I haven't yet ground the Helena after the split.  I really don't want to go back and play Omaha any more.  But currently the people I've seen playing Helena say they like it.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,334 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Which ship would be the most fun to play as in tier 7? I don't really know that much about tier 7 cruisers!

None of the above. Fiji and Algerie are the best 2 T7 tech tree Cruisers. You also forgot New Orleans which is decent at T7 now as well.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[KEGEL]
Members
162 posts
7,237 battles
3 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Depends on what style of play you like.  Which T6 cruisers do you like.  If you liked the Leander, you'll love the Fiji.  I enjoy playing the Fiji.  But the French cruisers to me seem to be the most balanced.  Haven't played the Shchors or Yorck enough to say one way or the other.  Not a big fan of the IJN line and have only gone up to Aoba.  And I haven't yet ground the Helena after the split.  I really don't want to go back and play Omaha any more.  But currently the people I've seen playing Helena say they like it.  

Just finished re-grinding the Omaha today. Wasn't particularly enthused about doing at the start however found myself enjoying it. Forgot what it's like to play with USN cruiser torps (B hull) outside the Atlanta.

Regarding OP, all the tier 7 cruisers are good. Only one I'm not sure about is the Myoko. Only up to Aoba, 6 guns & bad Torp angles...sigh.

Most memorable tier 7 for me was the Fiji & Shchors.

[PVE]
Members
677 posts
5,719 battles

I would have to go with Myoko. Nice hard hitting guns with strong HE and AP. Good speed. Good durability for a cruiser. You just have to get used to how long the ship is.

[ICBM]
Members
544 posts
11,184 battles

Yorck was a "holy crap" moment for me...

In other words...couldn't get rid of it fast enough...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,631 posts
15,896 battles

I really enjoy Shchors, but I admit it can be a very situational ship. Fiji is good, but honestly only because of her smoke screen; if it wasn't for that she'd be behind an island every match dodging AP. Myoko is a CA and they play very differently from CLs so the comparison is strained. Haven't played either Helena nor Algerie, so I cannot comment on either.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,682 posts
24,541 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

Fiji is good, but honestly only because of her smoke screen; if it wasn't for that she'd be behind an island every match dodging AP.

Yes.  But she does have a smoke screen so she's not hiding behind every island. 

[SYN]
Members
279 posts
10,691 battles

Shchors fanboi - I think 200 + games in her -  funbote  (get back)

Edited by 05Chopp
  • Cool 1

Members
22,418 posts
5,787 battles
20 minutes ago, swifttex1 said:

Yorck was a "holy crap" moment for me...

In other words...couldn't get rid of it fast enough...

I quite liked it. The main thing was to keep in mind the different ballistics between AP & HE, and not be afraid to use that AP.

Although, when I was grinding it, it had the fastest reload of T7 CAs, it's been power creeped.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,372 posts
5,424 battles

I know not which is the second best tier 7 cruiser after Belfast. But I know that I'd pick any of them over Yorck.

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
5 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Fiji and Helena

^This^. Both are capable of doing some serious wreaking if you know how to play the ship well.

Members
115 posts
8,128 battles

Advice about yorck, she can be a very good ship as long you remember her AP is only to be used below 8km otherwise HE all the time. As for the other CAs depends on your playstyle.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

Depends on what you want to do. Except Helena, all of the cruisers you mentioned are 8" (or larger)-armed heavy cruisers. They play very differently from 6"-armed light cruisers.

If you enjoy shooting high-damage salvos at things with a relatively long reload, go with the heavy cruisers. If you enjoy high-DPM and high-DOT gameplay, the light cruiser is probably the way to go for you.

[ICBM]
Members
544 posts
11,184 battles
On 7/8/2018 at 11:00 AM, Skpstr said:

I quite liked it. The main thing was to keep in mind the different ballistics between AP & HE, and not be afraid to use that AP.

Although, when I was grinding it, it had the fastest reload of T7 CAs, it's been power creeped.

As has been said many times before,

"Need to try different ships to know what works for YOU" - "A new ship may not work with you at the beginning, but, after a few games or more it works WELL"

Yorck was a, can't move to the next ship "quickly enough" moment...

Your experience was different which is good...

• Cool 1

Members
22,418 posts
5,787 battles
11 minutes ago, swifttex1 said:

As has been said many times before,

"Need to try different ships to know what works for YOU" - "A new ship may not work with you at the beginning, but, after a few games or more it works WELL"

Yorck was a, can't move to the next ship "quickly enough" moment...

Your experience was different which is good...

Lol yeah, by T7, you're definitely grinding long enough to know if it works.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,006 posts
5,775 battles

shchors-the undisputed king of max range HE spam at tier7

fiji-the smoke,torps and dpm is pretty good,the enemy radar ships are your nemesis.

algerie-a well rounded ship,i have a hard time finding  bad things about her and charles martel too.

myoko-the turret speed is horrible but she is a great fire starter

yorck-never played it but people don't talk much about her

helena-15 guns with a good reload,but the range sucks and the shell acrs can be a problem if you don't exploit it by using islands as cover.

[4HIM]
Members
2,225 posts
6,552 battles
20 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

The best performing tier 7 tech tree cruiser at the moment is Helena just saying.

Probably because the players that got it right off the bat are those who can grind through a couple tiers in a few battles.  The Unicums.  Give it time (IOW, wait until I play it) and its WR will drop.  

Supertester
3,005 posts
10,086 battles

As others have said, it depends on your playstyle OP. Each bring something to the table, though I haven't snagged the Helena yet.

However, personally I love the Shchors followed up by the Myoko.