Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dcfan

Torpedo evasion tactics

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
132 posts
3,316 battles

Just thought I would share some torpedo evasion tactics, courtesy of a member of a facebook navy vet group I am part of

36712486_10155737655033174_6986248375528062976_n.jpg

• Funny 2

[-AGW-]
Members
762 posts
10,884 battles

Always turn towards them asap. Seriously. I see this mistake so many times. With aerial torps also, always turn towards the squad launching them. Full rudder, or "E" or "Q" as applicable.

Edited by NashW8

[-K-]
Supertester
3,131 posts
7,010 battles

Unless you are already sailing away from a drop, turn into the torpedos and cut your throttle to 1/2.  Ships turn tightest at 1/2 to 3/4 power.  Also remember that it takes time to straighten out, so don't over turn or you'll swing your butt right into a torpedo that you have already evaded.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,350 posts
5,691 battles

The TB drops are one thing.  Turn toward/away and hope for the best.   I have more problems from longer-ranged torps.  Even if I spot them a ways away, it's still often hard for me to gauge the angle correctly.  I'll speed up only to find out it was taking a path way more in front of me than I expected, or vice versa. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,582 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

don't over turn or you'll swing your butt right into a torpedo that you have already evaded.

You will feel very foolish doing that; trust me.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,003 posts
5,775 battles

play this and let your instincts do the rest.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,605 battles

If you mean DD torps... you need some mods, or a minimap setting, and a brain. DD torps are easier to avoid than CV's.

Edit: I done forgot the captain skill Vigilance, which I generally don't use because I know when torps are coming.

Members
93 posts
1,228 battles

With aerial torps also, always turn towards the squad launching them

Consider yourself lucky if there's just one squad that fulfills this criteria.

But there's no feeling quite like that of dodging every single torpedo from a well-executed anvil attack.

[H_]
Members
1,872 posts

Paying attention seems to be the most prevalent error....  Players "zoom in" and the world compresses and, in that time, some DD has a spread with your name on it....  CPT's that are paying attention are constantly moving, constantly slowing down or speeding up....   Making erratic turns and doing non-linear movements....   Some of my best shots in a DD are the ones from the blind side or, in a great many cases, really good guessing based on terrain, head on shots and planning for evasion..... 

Paying attention is the most important thing in my short time here.

Sign in to follow this