Sign in to follow this  
Psycodiver

Alright I'm starting to get a understanding of the KGV

5 comments in this topic

Members
1,640 posts
3,603 battles

I've only gotten a couple games in the KGV but I've been finding her to be trollish. I started the RN line a while back and decided to use nothing but AP to prove a point and so far it has gone great, but then comes the KGV and its AP has been frustrating to say the least. I tried HE spam for a game or 2 but found that lack luster even though I got big damage I wasn't putting down ships. This game it finally clicked, its AP will absolutely wreck cruisers and DDs, for BBs they get a mix of HE and AP untill the get around 12km after that its AP unless I can't overmatch the bow or I can't get a good hit on their upper belt. Its range still sucks but concealment expert it really helps close the range. Time for the brag pictures

shot-18_07_07_23_37.22-0567.thumb.jpg.2f8715368d2d96ea1e90d1bca0c343f5.jpg

shot-18_07_07_23_37.44-0496.thumb.jpg.2203a040b80bded219c7f7969c7dd058.jpg

• Cool 1

[S_B]
Members
423 posts
12,654 battles

Nice battle Psycodiver!

Really like the KGV so far at Tier 7. After about 15 random battles I'm averaging 78K damage, many fires, 1-2 ships sunk per match, best 4 sunk and over 100-150K damage in 3 random battles. Pretty good for an average player like me. 11pt captain and my 11th point was expert loader as I want to switch between HE and AP when needed. HE is my first choice for angled ships and AP for broadside except on DDs but the HE shells can also do really good damage at closer broadsides when I didn't switch shells in time. After about 15-20 random battles I think I've done over 100K in 5 of them. WHAT A FIRESTARTER!

Edited by dust340man

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles

Nelson and KGV supplanted Scharnhorst as the Queen of Tier VII BBs.  And that is no small feat.  The funny part is Scharnhorst's supremacy in Tier VII BBs has been so long and unquestioned, some people are still not accepting the fact she's been usurped by the RN this tier.  Even Lyon has been doing better.

StvZ6hq.jpg

FFS, even Duke of York, which people talk trash about as a "Garbage version of KGV," is giving Scharnhorst competition.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this