You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
davebit15

Multiple monitors support

6 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
Members
41 posts
7,508 battles

Any chance for the game to support multiple monitors? It would be awesome having the map in its own monitor.

• Cool 2

Members
1,377 posts
8,793 battles

Hmm...If I could hook up multiple monitors I could actually get a wide enough field of view to see where all of Kawachi's shells go on a salvo...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 10

Members
3,783 posts
14 minutes ago, davebit15 said:

Any chance for the game to support multiple monitors? It would be awesome having the map in its own monitor.

Nvmd I get where you're going with that.

Edited by torpsRus

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles
14 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

Hmm...If I could hook up multiple monitors I could actually get a wide enough field of view to see where all of Kawachi's shells go on a salvo...

Ha!

And i thought it only happens to me.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles

This has been asked a few times, and has always been ignored by the devs, to my knowledge.

I have 4 monitors myself and i would love to be able to widen my view, or to move my mini map to another screen.

Nonetheless i add my support to this thread.

• Cool 2

[NEIN]
Members
9 posts

I play with 3 monitors - all Dell SP2309W, native resolution 2048x1152 each.
NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
"Span displays with Surround" is selected in the NVidia control panel
This allows WoWS to run full screen at 6144x1152. The game treats this as a single screen.
My most important game mod is the MiniMap enlarger.

My greatest complaint using this setup with WoWS is the horizontal scaling, i.e., the view gets stretched out more and more the closer it gets to the outside edges. Not the markers, lists, minimap, and all that, just the ships, islands, etc. - "the battle scene".  Still, the view of the battle scene is wider overall, so I use it.

It would be great to have this wide view with no horizontal stretching, just a wider battle scene.

After a bit more research, I find:
Game designers generally design for a FOV (field-of-view), or range of FOVs, that is smaller than that of a 3 monitor setup.
The side screen stretching is also call fish eye, after the fish eye lens.
Software is available to even out the fish eye side screen stretching, but it does not increase FOV. Only the game maker can increase FOV.

I'm now searching these and other forums for the terms "FOV" and "fish eye". If I find good info I'll edit again. 

Edited by Taxciter
add information