You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

We all have one. That one musical guilty pleasure that you won't tell anyone about.

63 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
5,867 posts
2,866 battles

To start off, here's one only about 2 or 3 people, all within my immediate family, knows about.

Keep in mind: My all time favourite bands include the likes of the Eagles, the Zac Brown Band, the Hip, and Dire Straits.

What? She's a good singer. 

That last one is actually one of my favourite songs.

Honourable mention goes to Kesha.

Finally, it's technically a parody, but it's also two things.

1: It's based on a Kesha song.

2: It's one of the greatest videos ever.

So, what's everyone else's musical guilty pleasures? Don't worry, our lips are sealed. :Smile_hiding:

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,605 battles

Needs moar viking-ish music.

Folk-metal-wize Eluveite is also good.

Oh and I completely FORGOT my THEMESONG:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,216 posts
14,135 battles

Sitting on the dock of the bay by Otis Redding. 

Alpha Tester
5,867 posts
2,866 battles
6 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Sitting on the dock of the bay by Otis Redding. 

Really?

[TBW]
Members
7,405 posts
13,567 battles

Where is Love from Oliver Twist, I soloed this song in 3rd grade in front of the whole school. In 6th grade I was the Artful Dodger and soloed, Consider yourself.  We made a record album in 6th grade but it broke. My Dad said I should sing it so-low that only the dog could hear me.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,605 battles
6 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

Not really guilty about it...

Is your clan name supposed to be KPOP?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,867 posts
2,866 battles
4 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

either that or John Lee Hooker "Boom Boom …"

Nothing guilty about the blues.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles

Bah ok guilty hidden shameful .. let's try the kinks "Superman" lol .. my kids just hate it every time I crank that one up in the car lol … the more they complain the louder it gets :)

Actually throw "Lola" in there … my gender ambiguity shines on that one lmbo

Edited by Commander_367
spelling

[WORX]
Members
3,297 posts
14,710 battles

Since I can;t travel due to health reason, my guilty pleasure is to explore the world by music. Usually I go to Africa for this one. I am not from Africa but this one makes it to my play list every time. I don;t know the words or what they are talking out but I like the song

From Africa I go to Russia the Motherland. (2 songs)Colluding with the Russians in these two songs, Yes your honer Guilty as sin

From Russia I go to Australia

FRom Aussie country we go to Canada to take my inner red neck out with DEAD SOUTH (speed it up ti 1.5 or 2.0 thank me later) AKA Canadian Amish Mafia Band

From Canada I'll take you to URUGUAY, To bad they were eliminated from the World cup

And FInally if your still with me in this mini around the world in so many songs, We go to Trump land, in our final stop we hit a good tune for the eastern part of the US

THis is my guilty pleasure, traveling the world in musical form, IF you survived my journey in this 6 song around the world mini tour, consider yourself fortunate and blessed.I give thanks to all the composers of these songs for which has touched me, connected with me in a way that no other medium can do. Music is special for that means of connecting people regardless of where you are in the world. Music, my ultimate guilty pleasure.

• Cool 2

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,988 posts
9,304 battles

If I had to go with "omg  wth you listen to that" that would result in laughing - I listen to some of the Backstreet and N'sync stuff that was big in the 90's cause it had a good beat. The other would be Disney songs, more specifically some of Johnathon Young's covers as well as I think a couple of Caleb Hyles. Namely -

Though a ton of his other stuff is great, including his most recent and one of my favourite songs, Africa by Toto. I have no clue why, I just really like the song. 

Though what I listen to runs a massive gambit from classic rock and hits of the 60's, 70's and 80's, to J-pop/rock, to rap before the late 90's/early 00's when it honestly just became noise to me, to scores from musicals and broadway or really theatre in general as some did not make it to the US (or at least successfully) such as Phantom of the Opera, Tanz der Vampire (they tried to bring it to the US and butchered it -the irony being the play is based off a Polanski comedy film that was in English), In to the Woods (broadway show, when Vanessa Williams was the witch, which I saw live, taking some of the 4th wall breaking out of the movie killed it), etc, ton of Irish music cause it played in my house a ton and more so when in Belfast, some just epic music/stuff from sound tracks like a lot of what Two Steps from Hell put out, Duel of the fates/battle of the hereo's, long as it has a good beat, and fits what I'm doing/mood, or tells a good story, I'll listen. Most music however especially in this day and age is just beat, few tell a story or have much of real substance, least ro me, with rare exception. 

And example from arguably the best version/cast of "Tanz" with subs for those that have no clue with German -

Yes, that is total eclipse rewritten by the songs original writer - which when they tried to bring the show to the US just swapped in "Total Eclipse" which honestly drags the scene down.

[TOG]
Members
3,408 posts
17,737 battles

Mine would be soundtracks from anime I watched like:

If you want to see the scene:

[SOUP]
8,280 posts

My musical quilty pleasure? I'm not ashamed of it, and I'm proud to tell anyone~!
THE GAY GERMAN POWER RANGERS!!!!

And then there's the Romanian tunes my friend Davsta got me hooked on, they're catchy as hell

And then theres the songs from the Bosnian/Serbian wars like Bosanska Artiljerija, Garda Panteri - Mauzer, and Crni Bombarder.
Since those are from pretty recent conflicts I won't post em, but theres something about Balkan music that's just so... damn.... catchy!

Oh... and M̤̣̞͈ọ̮͍̻̀n̼̦̯͙͍̩͠ik͉̩̯̤̠a̩̼͍ ~!

OH!! And this guy too~!

...my youtube search history is a bloody mess...

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,605 battles
3 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

*this explains alot*

Here ya go, for when you play Russian ships.

[ARMDG]
Members
2,072 posts
2,705 battles

The music from RWBY.

The Blazblue Cross Tag Battle community would probably flay me alive for posting this.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
4,216 posts
14,135 battles
11 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Really?

It was playing on the car radio, (AM), during the last time I could remember my parents being together and happy as we took a family vacation to San Fran. I was around 8 at the time.

My dad deployed to Vietnam and my mom took me an my sister up to her hometown. Folks divorced a year later....

So really.....

I'm into hard rock, hence a reference to the band Disturbed....

Alpha Tester
5,867 posts
2,866 battles
14 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

It was playing on the car radio, (AM), during the last time I could remember my parents being together and happy as we took a family vacation to San Fran. I was around 8 at the time.

My dad deployed to Vietnam and my mom took me an my sister up to her hometown. Folks divorced a year later....

So really.....

I'm into hard rock, hence a reference to the band Disturbed....

Fair enough. I simply wouldn't have considered one of the great soul singers of the genre's golden era "guilty".

Can't say I'm a Disturbed fan. Classic rock is more my taste, but this thread is all about variety so good for you.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
4,216 posts
14,135 battles
1 hour ago, 1Sherman said:

Fair enough. I simply wouldn't have considered one of the great soul singers of the genre's golden era "guilty".

Can't say I'm a Disturbed fan. Classic hard rock is more my taste, but this thread is all about variety so good for you.

Classic rock, 60's to '80's is what I listen too.

The good metal radio channel changed to CW... ugh...

Another guilty pleasure... George Straight the road less traveled...

Alpha Tester
5,867 posts
2,866 battles
36 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Classic rock, 60's to '80's is what I listen too.

The good metal radio channel changed to CW... ugh...

Another guilty pleasure... George Straight the road less traveled...

The only music I like almost as much as classic rock is country. Johnny Cash, Zac Brown, Chris Stapleton, Brad Paisley, the Dixie Chicks, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Cam, you name it.

• Cool 1

Members
2,457 posts
5,238 battles

Flew combat missions with Locomotive Breath and Smoke on the Water blaring in the helmet speakers. While smoking a cigar. Things have changed.

Metallica.

CCR.

Big and Rich.

• Cool 1