You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Why no Rental Ships for the Operations?

17 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

Because nobody wants to play already-difficult Operations with people who haven't at least made their way to tier 8.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
19,351 posts
17,682 battles
39 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

Because nobody wants to play already-difficult Operations with people who haven't at least made their way to tier 8.

Originally I was thinking to myself, "Hey, this post is mean!"

Then I look back at how dumb people were with the Space Battles craft and now I have to vehemently agree.

"That Des Moines doesn't realize it has radar."

"That Minotaur doesn't realize it's spotted in its smoke."

"Oh, this Space GK turned off its Secondaries for my DD.  HOW CONVENIENT!" :cap_like:

[Sees 5 enemy ships in one grid square trying to use one smoke drop]

"Let's see how many torpedo hits Space Gearing can get..."

[An enemy Space Zao pops out in the distance near the torps, spots them, avoids them well away from the large cluster of smoke camping ships]

"D*mn, the torps got spotted, guess I won't get any torp hits this drop."

[Proceeds to get 7 torpedo hits]

:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,369 posts
5,824 battles
1 hour ago, ramp4ge said:

Well some ops like Raptor are T6, and Cherry Blossom is probably the easiest operation ever, but I agree there's no reason for rentals in operations. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
587 posts
16,619 battles

Operations are a "permanent" game mode.  The same operations will be there when you grind your way up to the appropriate level.  Some may change (like Narai,) but they will be there.  Those that are only for a limited time (the Halloween operations, and Dunkirk) will provide you with the appropriate ships.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,196 posts
5,726 battles
30 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Operations are a "permanent" game mode.  The same operations will be there when you grind your way up to the appropriate level.  Some may change (like Narai,) but they will be there.  Those that are only for a limited time (the Halloween operations, and Dunkirk) will provide you with the appropriate ships.

^ Pretty much this

Why offer rental ships to players for operations that will remain as permanent? This is like offering rental ships for random battles or co op.

Why use rental ships when you won't be able to progress a line in the tech tree and thus having all that xp locked and not available for use other than free xp conversions?

And so far from what I've seen, "rental" ships or temporary ships are not treated as premium ships and does not allow captain training benefits which means you would need to invest a captain to be trained/retrained for that rental ship. Clan battles are an exception in offering free respec/retraining.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

The current Operation requires T8.  Why not offer rental ships for those that are not at T8 yet?

The real Question is Do you want to Play with other players in rentals?

Or are you hoping to be carried?

[WAG]
Members
1,633 posts
9,122 battles
8 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

The real Question is Do you want to Play with other players in rentals?

Or are you hoping to be carried?

i am playing against rentals in T10 Clan battles and frankly the same argument could easily be applied there... some of them are not really skilled enough to be playing T10, but there they are.....

Just because you reach T8 does not mean you have skillz, and conversely, not having made T8 doesn't mean you have no skillz...

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
3 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

i am playing against rentals in T10 Clan battles and frankly the same argument could easily be applied there... some of them are not really skilled enough to be playing T10, but there they are.....

Just because you reach T8 does not mean you have skillz, and conversely, not having made T8 doesn't mean you have no skillz...

The difference being those players are on the opposite team in Clan battles, not your team....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[MWM]
Supertester
293 posts
4,943 battles
30 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Ops are something that is always there as a game mode, CB is a part time thing. The rentals for CB is to make sure everyone in a clan has a chance to play while CB is going on, Ops is a different kettle of fish.

[WAG]
Members
1,633 posts
9,122 battles

I brought this up because we do have someone in our clan that is climbing the grind ladder, but doesn't have 8's yet, and when we all decide to do the Op's he gets left out... that's all. Just trying to be inclusive... 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,196 posts
5,726 battles
40 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

I brought this up because we do have someone in our clan that is climbing the grind ladder, but doesn't have 8's yet, and when we all decide to do the Op's he gets left out... that's all. Just trying to be inclusive... 

Or you can help him out grind faster in doing any of the tier 6 and 7 ops that are available as long as you have enough players to div in.

[WAG]
Members
1,633 posts
9,122 battles
4 hours ago, chewonit said:

Rental in CB is already very questionable.

I wasn't going to bring that up, but the comparison is there... 

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
300 posts
4,328 battles

Even the tier 10 rentals require a single game in a tier 8 ship. That and operations don't have constant tier requirement