You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

Better than Sliced Bread

17 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

What could War Gaming do to make this Game Great again?

Give DDs their citadels back just so there can be more threads about how DDs are doomed on the front page. 

• Funny 1

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
266 posts
9,990 battles

is sliced bread really that great? that is debatable. 

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,654 battles

My idea is one I don't really like but would shut up the baDDies whining about radar. Make each ship have a radar spotting range like the air detectability range. An example would be the average ijn DD would be spotted at 8.5km the average usn and pan asian DD would be 9.25km, German dds at 10km, Russian dds at 10.5km. Cruisers on average would be 11.7km, bbs and CVS at 15km. It would nerf radar against dds and buff it against the other classes. I don't think it needs to be changed but it's a way it could be changed without wg having to rewrite too much coding

[STW-M]
Members
2,967 posts
7,026 battles

I'd imagine the carrier imbalance has spilled over into the other classes, so fixing them would probably solve at least a couple issues with the other classes.

Members
1,719 posts
3,162 battles
17 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I'd imagine the carrier imbalance has spilled over into the other classes, so fixing them would probably solve at least a couple issues with the other classes.

Yeah the CV issue has caused the entire meta to shift, without CVs to spot DDs it allowed them to start stealth firing and when they removed that DDs started to really use smoke which increased Radar use which then led to some of the imbalances now.

That and BBs became kings of the seas because there largest predator is almost nonexistent due to AA.

Members
3,783 posts
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Uhm maybe give the radar ships a break and take it out completely for a while.  Bring back the Minekaze with Ninja smoke and long range torpedoes.  Lets see bring back Kitekame.  Hmm anything I missed?

[HINON]
Privateers
6,265 posts
3,165 battles

Give everyone a free Orlan. 

Spoiler

MbWUSPF.gif

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
3,856 posts
2,408 battles

I'd like see WG stop making the game less and less survivable for all ships.  There is a graph in the radar thread that shows the survival rates for all T10 ship types.  Its shows survival rates have been on a steady decline for almost two years.  WG's obsession with getting players back in the queue as fast as possible is the biggest single problem with the game.  Its driving game balance and new ship design/balance.  It funny most people never even noticed.  

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles
10 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Its shows survival rates have been on a steady decline for almost two years.

That's because power creep. Ships have been getting stronger but not necessarily more survivable. The only ship class that's actually gotten more survivable is DDs when they removed the citadels. Everything else has just been on a constant race to see who could make what explode first. 

TTKs in general need a huge overhaul. 

I think citadels in general need to go away. The citadel hitbox should stay but it shouldn't be a massive damage chunk mechanic. It should reduce ship performance, maybe even kill it's mobility entirely for a time, but putting a 14" shell into a cruiser's boiler spaces shouldn't result in a deleted cruiser.

What you've essentially got with cruisers + citadel mechanics is a glass cannon that relies on damage over time. Almost any other game could consider that broken. 

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Get rid of +2 -2 MM, limit CVs to only one per team, drastically reduce cruiser citadels. For that matter, get rid of citadels on ALL ships.

Edited by ReddNekk

[SBS]
Members
3,856 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, ramp4ge said:

That's because power creep. Ships have been getting stronger but not necessarily more survivable. The only ship class that's actually gotten more survivable is DDs when they removed the citadels. Everything else has just been on a constant race to see who could make what explode first. 

TTKs in general need a huge overhaul. 

Did you see the graph?  DDs took a big drop at the time radar was introduced.  For a short time cruisers were (slightly) ahead of BBs in survival (I believe it was when IFHE was introduced, but I might be off with the timing on that one). 

You're right on power creep playing a role.  As I said, new ship design is being more and more controlled by less survivability, disguised in the form of power creep.  Have you noticed WG playing around with limited use damage control party?  How about the new main battery reload booster, with fewer heals in return?  That one is my favorite.  It allows a ship to be killed sooner because of the fewer heals, and still allows it to do a full game's worth of damage.  WG must think they are very clever.  I hope the players see through that one.

[TBW]
Members
7,445 posts
13,614 battles
1 hour ago, axyarthur said:

Sliced Cheese is better than sliced bread.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
2 hours ago, axyarthur said:

Would you rather get a un-sliced loaf and slice it yourself?

[RLGN]
Members
10,112 posts
19,510 battles
1 hour ago, devastator5000 said:

Yeah the CV issue has caused the entire meta to shift, without CVs to spot DDs it allowed them to start stealth firing and when they removed that DDs started to really use smoke which increased Radar use which then led to some of the imbalances now.

That and BBs became kings of the seas because there largest predator is almost nonexistent due to AA.

...which all started with some ‘brilliant’ individual suggesting carriers get a special attack.

Manual carrier attacks should have NEVER been included in the game; that way carrier attacks would be based off ‘aiming’ with the attack adjustment tab, just like everyone can track targets, but still has to aim.

No manual attacks; no murder drops. No murder drops; no need for strafe and all kinds of other carrier nerfs. No nerfs; no need for the soon to occur (?) changes I personally have zero faith will ultimately prove to be positive, or effective.

More likely there’ll be a cadre of game-breaking unis like before; just with a new control system.