You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RustyOldFart

Kitakaze would it be worth to grind the XP?

22 comments in this topic

Members
3,783 posts

So I'm getting some what bored playing bbs constantly loosing matches and what not.  I figured I would take my Akizuki for a run.  Knowing that there are two more destroyers to come down this particular line I'm almost thinking that it was a bad choice buying the permanent camo for Aki.  Oh well crap happens.  So with that being said what I guess I am asking and right down to the point is it going to be worth myself potatoing the Akizuki to grind out the would be ship xp needed for the next ship in the line?  Not to sure figured what the hey since I'm bored with everything else.  But is it worth it?

shot-18.07.07_16.16.05-0100.jpg

Edited by torpsRus

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,388 posts
10,928 battles

I wonder if I was the only one to read the title as Kitakami. :Smile_hiding:

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles

IDK what WG is thinking with Kitakaze, because it's supposed to go 35.5knots to 36.7 knots, yet the current version still only has 33 knots.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,374 posts
5,428 battles

It looks pretty worth it to me. I just wish it was faster since that was the whole point of the 'super Akizuki' design.

• Cool 1

Members
3,783 posts
2 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

IDK what WG is thinking with Kitakaze, because it's supposed to go 35.5knots to 36.7 knots, yet the current version still only has 33 knots.

I'm not sure what they were thinking with it either.  I mean just leaving it at Aki wuold have been good enough.  But they want to add two more then that's fine.  I guess they want to fill the IJN gap because the split only goes up to Tier 8 for Akizuki RN dds go up to 10.  So I think that's what they are trying to do is even it out.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,566 posts
13,975 battles

Wait for it to be done being balanced and is finalized?

Members
3,783 posts
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Wait for it to be done being balanced and is finalized?

Well thats what I'm waiting for too.  I'm still trying to teach myself to play the Aki correctly lol.  I'm just horrid at DDs.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,770 posts
3,937 battles

Personally, I would say she's something of a dud as leaked/tested currently. Mainly all she needs is the boosted speed (aside from having the 10cm guns unnerfed). Granted, she's still in testing, so hopefully she can get the needed base speed buff.

1 minute ago, torpsRus said:

I'm not sure what they were thinking with it either.  I mean just leaving it at Aki wuold have been good enough.  But they want to add two more then that's fine.  I guess they want to fill the IJN gap because the split only goes up to Tier 8 for Akizuki RN dds go up to 10.  So I think that's what they are trying to do is even it out.

They're going to 10 for three reasons (they themselves mentioned it in a 2017 Q&A):

1. Because they admitted they forgot to finish the line when they rushed it out, and the results (metrics/data/feedback) from not doing so for so long had them changing their plans for all current and future line splits (specifically, they will always end in T10, even if they have to pull out WG Originals to do so).
  2. Because their metrics showed that few players bothered going up the IJN line split right away until after going up all other DD lines that at least ended at T10, if at all. Basically; players investing their time into an initial line don't want to end up in a dead end and be locked out of the top tiers unless they really liked the line or just didn't have anything better to grind up.
  3. They learned that the IJN split (as well as the VMF DD split) wasn't interesting enough to get players invested into the split, so they decided to try and make it a bit more interesting so as to make them "worth the player's time".
    • NOTE: While WG did do some tweaks to the VMF DDs recently in the alternate line to make them a little more worthwhile (still can't really beat Khab), I have no idea how they'll make the Kitakaze or Harugumo enticing enough unless they both get their own AADF consumable or unnerfed 10cm guns (at least on Harugumo).
      • Again, they're still in testing, so it'll be interesting to see if WG will make them worth the grind, given that they, along with Akizuki, are really the only actual gunboats of the IJN DD "gunboat" split, and have to compete well enough with other T9 and T10 gunboat DDs at the cost of reduced torpedo effectiveness.

Members
3,783 posts
10 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Personally, I would say she's something of a dud as leaked/tested currently. Mainly all she needs is the boosted speed (aside from having the 10cm guns unnerfed). Granted, she's still in testing, so hopefully she can get the needed base speed buff.

They're going to 10 for three reasons (they themselves mentioned it in a 2017 Q&A):

1. Because they admitted they forgot to finish the line when they rushed it out, and the results (metrics/data/feedback) from not doing so for so long had them changing their plans for all current and future line splits (specifically, they will always end in T10, even if they have to pull out WG Originals to do so).
  2. Because their metrics showed that few players bothered going up the IJN line split right away until after going up all other DD lines that at least ended at T10, if at all. Basically; players investing their time into an initial line don't want to end up in a dead end and be locked out of the top tiers unless they really liked the line or just didn't have anything better to grind up.
  3. They learned that the IJN split (as well as the VMF DD split) wasn't interesting enough to get players invested into the split, so they decided to try and make it a bit more interesting so as to make them "worth the player's time".
    • NOTE: While WG did do some tweaks to the VMF DDs recently in the alternate line to make them a little more worthwhile (still can't really beat Khab), I have no idea how they'll make the Kitakaze or Harugumo enticing enough unless they both get their own AADF consumable or unnerfed 10cm guns (at least on Harugumo).
      • Again, they're still in testing, so it'll be interesting to see if WG will make them worth the grind, given that they, along with Akizuki, are really the only actual gunboats of the IJN DD "gunboat" split, and have to compete well enough with other T9 and T10 gunboat DDs at the cost of reduced torpedo effectiveness.

I'm not sure but that is your opinion.  I don't care much for Shimekaze.  It's too tricky to play.  How ever the IJN gun boats are a blast.  I actually like and enjoy playing Akizuki even though I suck at playing them.  So they are work in progress but we shall see when they actually come out.

Members
3,783 posts
49 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I wonder if I was the only one to read the title as Kitakami. :Smile_hiding:

I edited it lol.  opps.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,569 posts
10,456 battles

I have over 1 million XP with Akizuki so if I had some doubloons I could straight up jump to Harugumo xD .

Honestly, Akizuki is a really good ship, it worth the grind so you can play her and see for yourself. If you like Akizuki play style, you might like Kitakaze and Harugumo but if you don't, then stop here. Right now both ship are in WIP status but for me who played tons of AKizuki games, it's kinda meh - bad for their tier. 

Members
3,783 posts
5 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I have over 1 million XP with Akizuki so if I had some doubloons I could straight up jump to Harugumo xD .

Honestly, Akizuki is a really good ship, it worth the grind so you can play her and see for yourself. If you like Akizuki play style, you might like Kitakaze and Harugumo but if you don't, then stop here. Right now both ship are in WIP status but for me who played tons of AKizuki games, it's kinda meh - bad for their tier. 

Well as I said I'm horrible with DDs.  Always potatoing and always on the loosing team.  So I'm trying to teach myself DD tactics its not that easy.  But learning.  I actually do love Akizuki and I would have been okay with it being the highest tier of the split.

[LHG]
Members
1,494 posts
5,990 battles

Kitakaze just needs her design speed (if Khab can have it, why can't she) and she will be a fine T9. I've always thought that Akizuki herself was a bit too powerful (albeit situational) for a T8 destroyer, and it would only take a few minor tweaks to push her to T9. Kitakaze is essentially that.

• Cool 1

Members
1,629 posts
17,078 battles
34 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

The Akizuki as is for T8 can compete strongly at T10.  My guess is there is a fine line to making it OP.  That said I was hoping for a bit more then an extra two torp tubes and the upgrade modified firing speed.  A couple extra knots or DFAA/radar would have been awesome.

Members
3,783 posts
2 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

The Akizuki as is for T8 can compete strongly at T10.  My guess is there is a fine line to making it OP.  That said I was hoping for a bit more then an extra two torp tubes and the upgrade modified firing speed.  A couple extra knots or DFAA/radar would have been awesome.

I can verify that just had a game where myself and another akizuki just completely jacked up a Seattle lol.  All we got was "The *********" lol.  The fire power alone on Aki is insane.  I'm not too worried about the torpedoes.  Oh yea the Seattles Radar was on as well.  He still failed.

Edited by torpsRus

[WOLFB]
Members
2,569 posts
10,456 battles
1 minute ago, Warped_1 said:

A couple extra knots or DFAA/radar would have been awesome.

Radar on DD isn't a good idea.  There are already so many radar ship in the game, adding more radar ship will not make the game healty.

Also even if you turn this ship into a DD hunter with radar (trading smoke for radar), she will still need some tweaks to let her die so easily. As it is, it's way too slow and clumsy for a DD to be able to dodge shells . Giving her heal / Def AA would be better IMO.

Members
3,783 posts
2 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Radar on DD isn't a good idea.  There are already so many radar ship in the game, adding more radar ship will not make the game healty.

Also even if you turn this ship into a DD hunter with radar (trading smoke for radar), she will still need some tweaks to let her die so easily. As it is, it's way too slow and clumsy for a DD to be able to dodge shells . Giving her heal / Def AA would be better IMO.

I never use radar on a DD lol.  Smoke is much more usefull and what I was saying was the Seattle was trying to radar myself and the other Aki.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,388 posts
10,928 battles
29 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I edited it lol.  opps.

You had already edited it and I still saw it as Kitakami. :Smile_trollface:

Members
3,783 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

You had already edited it and I still saw it as Kitakami. :Smile_trollface:

Well I've noticed with the forums that are Powered by Invision they are a bit slow to update.

Laughing Chimp GIF - Laughing Chimp Giggle GIFs

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,770 posts
3,937 battles
7 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I'm not sure but that is your opinion.  I don't care much for Shimekaze.  It's too tricky to play.  How ever the IJN gun boats are a blast.  I actually like and enjoy playing Akizuki even though I suck at playing them.  So they are work in progress but we shall see when they actually come out.

The 3 main reasons are from WG and their metrics, in a Q&A session a long while back.

I'll give you credit in that I didn't consider the Akizuki interesting enough as a gunboat worth grinding to right away unless one really liked the ship in the first place (or conveniently had the DD prior to it by the time of the split, as I did). Back when the line ended at T8 and required its own investment. I admit it may have leaked a little into my NOTE down there.

Now with the line continuing on, I'm actually interested in Harugumo; BFT+AFT and maybe either the RoF module or the range module seems like a barrel of fun. She'd just need AADF sharing a slot with smoke or TRB to round her out. Of course, having built-in IFHE on her guns (separate from Kita and Aki) would be icing on the cake.

Kitakaze seems like a miss for me at the moment. Sure, she gains the T9/T10 module slot, but not the speed she was designed with nor AADF sharing a slot with either smoke or TRB. That's really my only complaints.

Members
3,783 posts
1 minute ago, YamatoA150 said:

The 3 main reasons are from WG and their metrics, in a Q&A session a long while back.

I'll give you credit in that I didn't consider the Akizuki interesting enough as a gunboat worth grinding to right away unless one really liked the ship in the first place (or conveniently had the DD prior to it by the time of the split, as I did). Back when the line ended at T8 and required its own investment. I admit it may have leaked a little into my NOTE down there.

Now with the line continuing on, I'm actually interested in Harugumo; BFT+AFT and maybe either the RoF module or the range module seems like a barrel of fun. She'd just need AADF sharing a slot with smoke or TRB to round her out. Of course, having built-in IFHE on her guns (separate from Kita and Aki) would be icing on the cake.

Kitakaze seems like a miss for me at the moment. Sure, she gains the T9/T10 module slot, but not the speed she was designed with nor AADF sharing a slot with either smoke or TRB. That's really my only complaints.

Had a match a few days ago in my Missouri and a Harugumo was on the opposite team.  I was actually heading closer in to hit another target none the less the rate of HE spam is way beyond the 110%.  But it is a work in progress and I still turned and ran away from it.

Members
5,382 posts
6,112 battles
38 minutes ago, Flashtirade said:

(if Khab can have it, why can't she)

Iowa has it too, without the speed flag being equipped.(even though I recall the amount of kvetching that it took to get it)