Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Torpotato

I never (NEVER) get the solomons map

21 comments in this topic

Members
41 posts
17,543 battles

I run w/ a Clemson mostly.   Co-op.   I've even started piloting a ST. louis and a Wickes trying to get it.    I've been back 3-4 days playing non stop, probably 200 matches... have they removed it (the map:  Solomon Islands)?

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles

I see it every so often in coop at low tier. Map is still there.

Silly map for coop as bots love to go down the middle. Like shooting fish in a barrel., Silly and boring. For the poor souls that go to the flanks, they get few if any targets.

The noobs that get right in the middle preclude the rest of us to torp or shoot into lest you hit a friendly.

Noobs at that tier have not yet learned you do not have to be in their faces to shoot/torp.

Edited by alexf24

Members
41 posts
17,543 battles

Could my commander points affect which map i get placed?  I have 18.

Edited by UltraboltNovacrunch
spelling and capitalization

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles
20 minutes ago, UltraboltNovacrunch said:

Could my commander points affect which map i get placed?  I have 18.

No. Only tier and types of ships in the queue affect the decisions MM makes.

Members
4,723 posts
7,771 battles

I get in co-op quite often.  As stated it's stupid.  Bots come thru strait. Kill crazy team mates clog up the strait trying to kill them.  Run into each other.  Get toooooo close to bots. Crazy. Can become a cluster blank. Don't know why devs have not made it so more bots come around islands.  Can't figure out why they have not done that. 

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
1 hour ago, UltraboltNovacrunch said:

I run w/ a Clemson mostly.   Co-op.   I've even started piloting a ST. louis and a Wickes trying to get it.    I've been back 3-4 days playing non stop, probably 200 matches... have they removed it (the map:  Solomon Islands)?

Nope, still there as I see it in low tier co-op all the time.

1 hour ago, alexf24 said:

I see it every so often in coop at low tier. Map is still there.

Silly map for coop as bots love to go down the middle. Like shooting fish in a barrel., Silly and boring. For the poor souls that go to the flanks, they get few if any targets.

The noobs that get right in the middle preclude the rest of us to torp or shoot into lest you hit a friendly.

Noobs at that tier have not yet learned you do not have to be in their faces to shoot/torp.

35 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I get in co-op quite often.  As stated it's stupid.  Bots come thru strait. Kill crazy team mates clog up the strait trying to kill them.  Run into each other.  Get toooooo close to bots. Crazy. Can become a cluster blank. Don't know why devs have not made it so more bots come around islands.  Can't figure out why they have not done that. 

In standard mode, the bots usually bum rush the middle, with the rare flanker. In domination, the bots usually send a few ships to the flank(s) with around a third to half going through the middle in the low tier co-op battles I've seen in Solomon Islands.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,595 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, alexf24 said:

Silly map for coop as bots love to go down the middle.

I thought the one with the slot down the middle was Two Brothers? 

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I thought the one with the slot down the middle was Two Brothers? 

Solomon Islands, Tier 2 to Tier 5. Bots like the middle gap, especially in Standard battles. They will flank some in Domination battles.

160px-Solomon_Islands.png

Two Brothers, T7 - T10. The bots are more likely to use the center channel in a Standard battle, but will send out a few flankers. In a Domination battles, the bots are far less likely to go down the center and send most ships to either flank.

160px-Two_Brothers.png

Edited by Kizarvexis

[WOLF9]
Members
8,788 posts
4,145 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Don't know why devs have not made it so more bots come around islands.  Can't figure out why they have not done that. 

Bots do come around the corner, and if there is no one to spot them they can pose a treat to the base. 

What's even worse, though, is the three BBs, a CR and a DD that turn a corner, beating up the bots, and then do sod'all besides chasing fleeing bots.  Nearly lost a couple of games this way as there was no one to defend the base.

OP, now that you mention it, I haven't seen much of Solomons since the 0.7.6 drop, and I've played more than 60 low tier games.

Members
4,723 posts
7,771 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Bots do come around the corner, and if there is no one to spot them they can pose a treat to the base. 

What's even worse, though, is the three BBs, a CR and a DD that turn a corner, beating up the bots, and then do sod'all besides chasing fleeing bots.  Nearly lost a couple of games this way as there was no one to defend the base.

OP, now that you mention it, I haven't seen much of Solomons since the 0.7.6 drop, and I've played more than 60 low tier games.

Yes they do come around corners but more tend to rush the strait. 

[WOLF9]
Members
8,788 posts
4,145 battles
On 7/7/2018 at 4:15 PM, iDuckman said:

Almost 120 low-tier games and still no Solomons.  What gives?

Members
1,885 posts
8,211 battles
27 minutes ago, Brave_Sir_Robin_1 said:

It's now Feb. 20 2019 and I haven't seen Solomon Islands map since last July! What happened to it!

It was REMOVED several months ago.

Sad, b/c I really enjoyed it.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,815 posts
10,866 battles
8 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

It was REMOVED several months ago.

Sad, b/c I really enjoyed it.

I played a few games on it yesterday.

Members
1,885 posts
8,211 battles
2 minutes ago, legozer said:

I played a few games on it yesterday.

The one that's basically a low-tier 2 brothers, where everyone goes to the middle gap between the islands? Did it return in the last patch?

[FML]
Members
2,462 posts
11,866 battles

Been a few days since I played anything low tier, but I had the Solomons map a few days ago. It was Random though, not coop, if that makes a difference. 

Sign in to follow this