You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tiberius67

Unified WG Account and Gold

17 comments in this topic

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles

I have a question, and can't find a conclusive answer. According to the WG wiki, gold purchasable in one WG game is usable in other WG games. From my searching, the last mention i''ve seen is that as of last November this is still not implemented. The reason I am asking is this. 

A IRL friend of mine received a WoT PC gift card for gold. He plays WoTC so, of course he cannot use it. He knows I play WoWS, and offered it to me if I could make use of it. I have been able to determine that Premium time purchased in, say WoT is GTG in WoWS, but is gold from WoT gift cards directly usable in WoWS? While stacking my Premium time deeper is good, having more doubloons would be more useful to me right now (I'd kinda like a Massachussetts).

Can anyone advise? .

Edited by Tiberius67
sp

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
301 posts
5,660 battles

premium time is combined across all three titles

gold is combined between planes & tanks only

doubloons (essentially the same as gold) are only used in ships

so, to answer your question, no - gold from tanks or planes is not directly usable in ships, only to purchase premium time

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,840 posts
4,592 battles

Afaik at the moment you can do a one time transfer of doubloons to the game, provided the amount is higher than 2.500gold. You will have to contact support for that.

Found sauce for that, turns out minimum is 2.5k instead of 5k.

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/04/03/world-of-warships-some-information-from-russian-server-13/

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
11,410 posts
16 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Afaik at the moment you can do a one time transfer of doubloons to the game, provided the amount is higher than 2.500gold. You will have to contact support for that.

Found sauce for that, turns out minimum is 2.5k instead of 5k.

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/04/03/world-of-warships-some-information-from-russian-server-13/

That is only for the Russian server....never been offered here, never will be.

• Cool 1

Members
3,783 posts
21 minutes ago, Tiberius67 said:

I have a question, and can't find a conclusive answer. According to the WG wiki, gold purchasable in one WG game is usable in other WG games. From my searching, the last mention i''ve seen is that as of last November this is still not implemented. The reason I am asking is this. 

A IRL friend of mine received a WoT PC gift card for gold. He plays WoTC so, of course he cannot use it. He knows I play WoWS, and offered it to me if I could make use of it. I have been able to determine that Premium time purchased in, say WoT is GTG in WoWS, but is gold from WoT gift cards directly usable in WoWS? While stacking my Premium time deeper is good, having more doubloons would be more useful to me right now (I'd kinda like a Massachussetts).

Can anyone advise? .

Four different games with two different currencies.  I don't think that would work. Unless they made some sort of exchange where you could hand in your amount of gold for the same amount of doubloons.  But more than likely not going to happen.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,840 posts
4,592 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

That is only for the Russian server....never been offered here, never will be.

Even if that is the case, it doesn't hurt for the OP to ask support if it can be done. Support can be flexible and even consider these things on a case to case basis.

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
11,410 posts
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Even if that is the case, it doesn't hurt for the OP to ask support if it can be done. Support can be flexible and even consider these things on a case to case basis.

Still don't understand why it won't be done? :Smile_amazed:

WG needs new money, not old, dusty WOT money. Considering the billions in gold in WOT NA, allowing players to exchange it would be an exercise in throwing away money, not exactly WG's primary business plan. 

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles

I have found that a WG gift card gives Doubloons if redeemed in the WOWS Premium Shop and Gold if redeemed in WOT or WOWP Premium Shop.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

WG needs new money, not old, dusty WOT money. Considering the billions in gold in WOT NA, allowing players to exchange it would be an exercise in throwing away money, not exactly WG's primary business plan. 

This^

There is also a vastly different economy in WOWS than in WOT/WOWP, silver earning is on a whole different level. 

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,840 posts
4,592 battles
6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Not disagreeing with that at all, but since asking support and getting a response doesn't cost, regardless of how minute a possibility, it's worth a shot in my book.

By a similar logic I could argue that a satisfied customer is a customer more willing to pay money.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,410 posts
49 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Not disagreeing with that at all, but since asking support and getting a response doesn't cost, regardless of how minute a possibility, it's worth a shot in my book.

By a similar logic I could argue that a satisfied customer is a customer more willing to pay money.

I've never found support to be very helpful myself, but ymmv.

Here's the other reason it won't happen. WOT has seen it's best days, which means WOWS needs to carry a larger share of the load. WOWP struggling to get a player base doesn't help either, someone has to support that game.

Spoiler

7gBGmRn.png

4G3xOeA.png

• Cool 1

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
695 posts
9,072 battles

So far WG has reneged on their original promotion that gold would be interchangeable between all titles.  People that were around prior to WoWS launch should  remember that.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,840 posts
4,592 battles
33 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I've never found support to be very helpful myself, but ymmv.

Here's the other reason it won't happen. WOT has seen it's best days, which means WOWS needs to carry a larger share of the load. WOWP struggling to get a player base doesn't help either, someone has to support that game.

Reveal hidden contents

7gBGmRn.png

4G3xOeA.png

Since I was curious myself, and in the spirit of honesty and getting to the truth, I decided to open a ticket myself with support and see their response.

"Hello Captain!

Thanks for contacting Wargaming support.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to do so on the NA server.

We don't know if this option is available or not but you can follow the news on our website.

If you have any other questions or issues please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Good luck on the battlefield."

Edited by warheart1992

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles

Thanks for the answers....and for not tearing my head off for asking it. :Smile_smile:

I tried to redeem the code on the WoWS Premium Store and it says the code isn't valid. I submitted a ticket, so we'll see what happens. At worst, I'll have to buy more Premium time with it, which isn't so bad.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,372 posts
5,428 battles

Once upon a time WG said that free xp would be share across all its 'World of' games with a unified account.

What a stupid sucker I was for listening to those liars and saving up 1 million free xp in WoT...

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,040 posts
14,109 battles

Glad you got your original question answered!

As for future hopes of gold unification, things are almost certainly moving in the opposite direction. Total War: Arena is another WG-published (not developed) title, and shares neither gold nor premium time with the "World of" games.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
1 hour ago, Tiberius67 said:

Thanks for the answers....and for not tearing my head off for asking it. :Smile_smile:

I tried to redeem the code on the WoWS Premium Store and it says the code isn't valid. I submitted a ticket, so we'll see what happens. At worst, I'll have to buy more Premium time with it, which isn't so bad.

Note discount codes cannot be used with anything that allready carries a discount like a premium ship bundle.

Also the reason they haven't unified it is that there's some serious differences in how WoWS player data is recorded and WoT/WoWP, they've effectively got 2 enormous databases (think an excel or access sheet a few gigabytes in size), they'd have to merge together. They want to do it but from a priority PoV it's so low priority where probably never going to see it.