achates72

Unfair team damage penalty

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
15 posts
4,185 battles

I was playing a game in my Yorck today.  I was hiding behind an island happily lobbing shells at a BB.  Not moving or manuevering when suddenly I get a team damage warning.  I zoom out of binocular view to discover a teammate had run into me and eaten a full broadside or two from me.  I had not moved and had thought the shells were getting eaten by my cover.  My only mistake was not seeing him coming.  Now I am pink.  I wasn't doing anything unsafe except for being in a guys way who wasn't watching where he was going.

• Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[HINON]
Members
10,703 posts

This is why you watch the minimap and zoom out between salvos. Also pink is not a penalty, just a warning to be careful.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 2

[KRAK]
Members
2,195 posts
15,745 battles
4 minutes ago, achates72 said:

I was playing a game in my Yorck today.  I was hiding behind an island happily lobbing shells at a BB.  Not moving or manuevering when suddenly I get a team damage warning.  I zoom out of binocular view to discover a teammate had run into me and eaten a full broadside or two from me.  I had not moved and had thought the shells were getting eaten by my cover.  My only mistake was not seeing him coming.  Now I am pink.  I wasn't doing anything unsafe except for being in a guys way who wasn't watching where he was going.

The game is supposed to know if you did this intentionally or by accident how?

Today for example I had torps in the water for a good 6 to 8 seconds and another DD on my own team ran from one side of the cap to the other directly into my torps, I got a team kill penalty.

To watch it happen it looked like the DD deliberately ran to my torps to kill themselves, in reality they were just running zoomed in probably and tunnel visioning like a great lot of players do and chose to ignore all the torpedo warnings blaring on their pc.

Just take the penalty and continue on, it is only a few games duration and happens to everyone. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,370 posts
10,928 battles

There was nothing unfair about it, you shot a teammate. You even nailed what your mistake was, you were not watching around you. Watch the mini map and also come out of gun view every once in awhile, 10 to 15 seconds is more than enough.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,554 posts
13,970 battles

You did teamdamage. You became pink. Explain to me once again how this is unfair ...

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
525 posts
21,508 battles

I'm sitting right beside an island in my Dallas engaged with a Helena that is about 4 km away when a Farragut decides it would be a good idea to sail between me and the island. Needless to say I never saw him, and nailed him with my next salvo. The Farragut asked me in chat why I shot him. At this point I have 2 choices, either to say why did you think it was smart to drive  between 2 ships in close engagement or sorry I didn't see you. Told him I was sorry. Was it fair, no. Did he have some responsibility for getting sunk, yes.

I'm pink for 2 matches, life goes on.

With the new system I do not experience matches with on purpose team killing and that is positive to me.  

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
7,431 posts
13,599 battles

Kind of like Erectile dysfunction, it isn't fair but it happens and usually not at the best time.

Members
1 post
346 battles

I have also been the victim of "unfair play" and received two warnings recently.  Once this weekend because I was in the que waiting for the game to begin and it got stuck.  For 20 minutes I watched players drop out because they got tired of waiting.  So I did too.  And I got and "unfair warning" for dropping out early.  I've just about got my six games in today and what happens.  The battle begins.  The mini map says there are cruisers and a battleship near by.  The battle ship is behind me.  He starts to go by me and scraps my ship.  I know he did it on purpose.  Now I have another warning for "unfair play."  This new system that automatically identifies unfair play needs work.  If there is anything that is unfair it is not only the system but managements refusal to consider your appeal.  I like playing this game, but this really annoys me.