You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CanarinhoPistol

Greater interaction with nature

11 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
137 battles

I would like to know why there is not a greater interaction with nature. Although the game passes in the seas we do not see a wave. It seems that the game is in a lake where it does not rain, it has no marine animals, no winds, no waves, there is nothing! Only the warships! The game is regular but could be so much better! The game still looks kind of raw (unfinished). There should be more scenarios as well, they are always the same. Should have battles at night, or under the sunset. There should be storms with lightning, thunder, giant waves, fogs covering the entire map, windstorms, hurricanes. In the end, I expected a little more realism, but it seems that the developers only paid attention to the ships and nothing more.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,008 posts
19,932 battles
7 hours ago, CanarinhoPistol said:

I would like to know why there is not a greater interaction with nature. Although the game passes in the seas we do not see a wave. It seems that the game is in a lake where it does not rain, it has no marine animals, no winds, no waves, there is nothing! Only the warships! The game is regular but could be so much better! The game still looks kind of raw (unfinished). There should be more scenarios as well, they are always the same. Should have battles at night, or under the sunset. There should be storms with lightning, thunder, giant waves, fogs covering the entire map, windstorms, hurricanes. In the end, I expected a little more realism, but it seems that the developers only paid attention to the ships and nothing more.

Pistol, it doesn't seem like you've gotten to a high enough tier to know that it certainly does rain.  There are cyclones (which are really more of a moderate storm than a true cyclone, IMO) where there's definitely rain (at least on some maps), there's a new night time operation that starts at night but continues through the dawn.  The Trident map appears to be somewhat of a sunset map, and the Northern Lights map has an aurora overhead.

I do agree that more environmental conditions would be nice, but I'd be a bit careful about expecting more realism in this regard.  After all, warships didn't go looking for battles in terrible weather conditions, if they had any other choice.  This isn't to say that they'd only fight in perfect weather either.  Just that you really don't want to try to fight the enemy and the sea at the same time.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,253 posts
10,908 battles

The sea and the land is a heck of a lot better looking than it was back in alpha.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,280 posts

Cosmetic changes are a low priority compared to balance, matchmaking and gameplay content

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,008 posts
19,932 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

Cosmetic changes are a low priority compared to balance, matchmaking and gameplay content

Environmental changes/additions don't have to be cosmetic only.  And frankly, I think that they improve the game overall because they improve the immersion.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  A big difference between WoT and WoWS maps is that Tanks maps can have a lot more variation because that's just the way land is.  Elevation changes (i.e. high ground and low ground), foliage, and so on and so on.  But Ships maps are inherently simpler.  The playing surface is and always will be flat as a tabletop.  There are no elevation differences or foliage to hide behind.  There's just the playable areas (i.e. the sea) and the non-playable areas (i.e. islands, etc.).   Therefore, it becomes very important for WoWS to make greater use of weather/environmental effects to create additional map/game play variation that the maps cannot.  This is why I think that your so-called "cosmetic changes", whether they're really only cosmetic or not are a much higher priority than you seem to think.  The game becomes stale and boring without greater environmental/weather variation.

The game needs more maps.  But even more so, it needs better maps, rather than these boring clones that are nothing but 3 rows of empty water in the north, 3 rows of empty water in the south, and 4 rows of islands in between.  And it needs greater environmental variation to further enhance the game play and immersion.

• Boring 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,467 posts
4,377 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

I don't understand how anyone can downvote you, when you're absolutely correct. 

1 hour ago, delp5117 said:

Every ice map should have narwhals.  No doubt about it.

Still, I can get behind this idea. And maybe we can also have some whales attacking the warships with sonar blasts! And a gigantic squid that lifts and snaps ships in two at a random chance! I'd be all for it, lol. :Smile_veryhappy:

As for the weather effects, doesn't it have to do with not straining some people's machines? I think I've heard of such thing before.

[STW-M]
Members
2,939 posts
6,987 battles

I mean, maybe we could have something as an event?

Like maybe an operation where you fight through a lot of giant sharks (whose only attack is ramming) and defeat a giant kraken at the end?

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,280 posts
11 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I don't understand how anyone can downvote you, when you're absolutely correct. 

Still, I can get behind this idea. And maybe we can also have some whales attacking the warships with sonar blasts! And a gigantic squid that lifts and snaps ships in two at a random chance! I'd be all for it, lol. :Smile_veryhappy:

As for the weather effects, doesn't it have to do with not straining some people's machines? I think I've heard of such thing before.

People hate the truth  ;P

I've thought of a few ways that they could improve upon the visuals in the game but even so, they'll focus on gameplay rather than shiny things

[WOLF9]
Members
8,784 posts
4,145 battles

In Aslain's modpack there is a mod to change the sea state.  An angry sea tends to put low-freeboard DDs half under water.  Check it out!

Members
13 posts
137 battles
On 07/07/2018 at 11:53, Crucis said:

Pistola, não parece que você chegou a um nível suficientemente alto para saber que certamente chove. Há ciclones (que são na verdade mais uma tempestade moderada do que um verdadeiro ciclone, IMO) onde há chuva (pelo menos em alguns mapas), há uma nova operação noturna que começa à noite, mas continua até o amanhecer. O mapa Trident parece ser um mapa do sol, e o mapa da aurora boreal tem uma sobrecarga de auroras.

Eu concordo que mais condições ambientais seriam boas, mas eu seria um pouco cuidadoso em esperar mais realismo a esse respeito. Afinal, os navios de guerra não procuravam batalhas em condições meteorológicas terríveis, se tivessem outra escolha. Isso não quer dizer que eles só lutariam em clima perfeito também. Só que você não quer lutar contra o inimigo e o mar ao mesmo tempo.

I am already at level 11 and to this day I have not seen cyclones or night maps.