You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

Why does WG keep trolling us with the Belfast?

116 comments in this topic

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles

Seriously, you removed the boat from the game and yet you release special captains for it and a huge write-up about it, I'd call that trolling.....

Re-release the ship already, its not even OP in randoms...

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Community Department
2,576 posts
759 battles
42 minutes ago, Slumlord_Trump said:

Seriously, you removed the boat from the game and yet you release special captains for it and a huge write-up about it, I'd call that trolling.....

Please, don't confuse everything. The story is worth telling. The ship is not available now due to last serious changes in game mechanic and she may need some changes in the distant future due to her performance. But there is nothing concrete at the moment to tell about the returning of Belfast to the premium shop.

Edited by turbo07
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,282 battles
1 hour ago, Slumlord_Trump said:

You serious? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Boring 2

Members
2,533 posts
7,200 battles
6 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

You serious? :Smile_teethhappy:

Its OP until its smoke cloud ends, or a brave Fiji captain charges it with hydro and torpedoes.... once spotted Belfast dies fast.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[4HIM]
Members
2,225 posts
6,552 battles
47 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Please, don't confuse everything. The story is worth telling.

Don't confuse everything?  Like selling a special "Belfast" captain in the Azure Lane promo, then telling this story.  Granted, it is a significant ship and the story is worth telling.  But mixed signals are definitely being sent on this one.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
16 hours ago, turbo07 said:

Please, don't confuse everything. The story is worth telling. The ship is not available now due to last serious changes in game mechanic and she may need some changes in the distant future due to her performance. But there is nothing concrete at the moment to tell about the returning of Belfast to the premium shop.

Please yank that ship from the game and compensate her owners. It simple doesn't belong in this game, far too overpowered. The Fiji is already broken enough for T7. I hate seeing Winfasts on the other team, especially when I am in a cruiser like Atlanta or Helena or Schors that has to work for a living.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,746 battles
Just now, ZARDOZ_II said:

Don't confuse everything?  Like selling a special "Belfast" captain in the Azure Lane promo, then telling this story.  Granted, it is a significant ship and the story is worth telling.  But mixed signals are definitely being sent on this one.

The signal being sent is "never say never".

4 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

Its OP until its smoke cloud ends, or a brave Fiji captain charges it with hydro and torpedoes.... once spotted Belfast dies fast.

I got sufficiently mad with being hosed down with HE during the Fiji grind that I decided future Belfasts would be turned upon and gunned down to the limits of my ability. It took me a while to realise what you probably already knew - for all of Belfast's bag of tricks, she has no heal and no torpedoes, and is very vulnerable in her smoke.

Speaking of Fiji grinds, I was pleasantly surprised to look at the XP I have on her and realise that I've got enough to have ground her all over again. That went quickly.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,654 posts

15 minutes ago, Slumlord_Trump said:

Well I hope she returns, I'm waiting to buy her. 

I agree n Yes I'd get her too,   Maybe she was at one time however she is no longer.   In  fact I had a dream last night wherein WG  Approached me and yes I know that's Very Very unlikely:Smile_medal::cap_cool:  And  offered me ship's of my choice for the Missouri I  we went back n forth and I jokingly offered to take the  Massachusetts,Belfast,Kutuzov in exchange whereupon they said:Smile_amazed:  Done n Done  Now sign in Blood:Smile_Default::Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,225 posts
6,552 battles
11 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

Yep.  Belfast has a lot of tools in the toolbox.  But IMO they're OP because so many have chanted that mantra and now some people play almost like they fear them.  But once spotted, it's a fragile bote.  If it's focused by more than one player, it will be off the board real fast.  And with all the radar in game now, that's probably more likely to happen than at the time it was pulled from the store.  

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,654 posts
On 7/7/2018 at 7:12 AM, ZARDOZ_II said:

Yep.  Belfast has a lot of tools in the toolbox.  But IMO they're OP because so many have chanted that mantra and now some people play almost like they fear them.  But once spotted, it's a fragile bote.  If it's focused by more than one player, it will be off the board real fast.  And with all the radar in game now, that's probably more likely to happen than at the time it was pulled from the store.  

Yes this:Smile_medal:  In fact focused by one or more Atlanta's and other she or the Kutuzov are quickly gone:Smile_Default:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
16 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

It usually doesn't get focused.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,566 posts
10,447 battles

Yeah WG release this ship after you remove her radar or force people to choose between smoke of radar. 

• Cool 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,654 posts
23 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

It usually doesn't get focused.

No at the moment people very rarely focus on winning even unless they're friends divisioned up more's the pity:Smile_amazed::Smile_sceptic: The game would be Far Far more interesting if they did.   Unfortunately most player's are either to focused on their own ends and or Are Too Lazy:Smile_sad::Smile_facepalm:

Edited by shadowsrmine

Alpha Tester
2,232 posts
6 hours ago, turbo07 said:

Please rebalance the damn thing and sell it again. It's an iconic museum ship and should be available to the masses (the same goes for Missouri). Otherwise, please come up with a replacement premium RN CL asap, like HMS Sheffield.

I was extremely lucky to get Belfast from a supercontainer, but I do feel sympathy for those who also want one but cannot just because WG screwed her up and refuse to rebalance her, even though they have every right to do so imo. I had the pleasure of visiting the real Belfast twice when I was on holiday in London so the ship has special meaning to me, so I would be really mad if I came to WoWS only to discover that it's bloody retired from sale.

If WG wants rare ships then they can do it to whatever paper/fake ship they pull out of their backsides. Leave the historical ships for the masses.

4 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Yeah WG release this ship after you remove her radar or force people to choose between smoke of radar. 

Or bump it up to tier 8. She is Edinburgh's sister ship after all.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,566 posts
10,447 battles
Just now, Wolcott said:

Or bump it up to tier 8. She is Edinburgh's sister ship after all.

Nah, according to some people, T8 is now unplayable and not worth spending money on that...

But yeah, I think she can perform well at T8 without being too OP 

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,252 posts
7,214 battles

It is especially OP in Randoms, because the average player will not smoke fire. So you have a ship that poses a serious threat to all surface ships, that when in smoke is basically never countered unless a blue moon happens and someone radars, and even when the smoke is gone you still have that amazing 8.7km Concealment which outclasses any T7 Cruiser and even a big number of Cruisers in her entire MM spread.

For an easy damage farming game you smoke up, farm, smoke up, farm, smoke up farm, occasionally you completely annihilate a DD by jumping it with your amazing concealment and Radar, and then you return to farming. It‘s ridiculous. And that comes from someone who is playing that darn thing.

• Cool 1

Members
873 posts

WG keep up the Great work - don’t listen to those who live under a bridge on Trolling Lane....

...Special Kapitan? Did not know, will take a look. Perhaps some special modules .... I rarely play anything other than tier 10 but ....

• Cool 1

Members
150 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

You heard it here first, Folks. Wargaming will be nerfing the Belfast again.

• Boring 1

Members
873 posts
4 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

WG keep up the Great work - don’t listen to those who live under a bridge on Trolling Lane....

...Special Kapitan? Did not know, will take a look. Perhaps some special modules .... I rarely play anything other than tier 10 but ....

Special Azur Lane Captain ?‍✈️ is GONE!

What did you do with her WG?

[POP]
Members
964 posts
11,277 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

Thanks for this and please keep the history coming!

47 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Belfast has no torps. Nut up and run him over in your BB.

These types of comments are hurtful and just not very helpful.

And yet, it seems very appropriate, maybe even educational?

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
16 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

For an easy damage farming game you smoke up, farm, smoke up, farm, smoke up farm, occasionally you completely annihilate a DD by jumping it with your amazing concealment and Radar, and then you return to farming. It‘s ridiculous. And that comes from someone who is playing that darn thing.

I stopped playing it. Felt awful every time I did. I just use it in T7 operations now.