You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

USN or KM CL line?

14 comments in this topic

Members
332 posts
6,903 battles

I'm currently going up the IJN and Soviet cruiser line. I'm enjoying myself with my Perth and De Grasse that I got as well. Which of the two lines would I have more fun going through? I can free xp to either the Dallas or the Nurnberg not both though. TIA

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

The German line is CAs from tier 7 and up. So it's not really a CL line. If you want CLs (Light cruisers, cruisers with 6" guns), US and UK are the only routes that have light cruisers to tier 10.

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

The Konigberg is excellent and Phoenix is lots of fun for US, no need to burn all your free XP to skip thru good ships. You will need to log games to build up your captains too, rolling around with a 3 pt. captain in a tier 6 or 7 ship is no bueno.

KM line is excellent but as mentioned if you want pure CL playstyle go US.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[-HON-]
Members
227 posts
8,004 battles

I preferred the USN CA line myself, especially so with the recent bluffs/additions. 

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,383 battles

USN CLs excel at island hugging. And what I mean by that is if you leave island cover (or get stuck on ocean), you’re gonna struggle. They have pretty good AP and HE, and at later tiers have tremendous rates of fire  

KM Cruisers are a good line, ranging from the paper armored königsberg to the powerful Hindenburg. They have powerful AP (but horrid bounce angles), and anemic HE with good pen.

Both lines are excellent if played to their strengths, but will punish you (German to a lesser degree) if played incorrectly. 

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,487 posts
9,607 battles
27 minutes ago, Viper101 said:

USN CLs excel at island hugging. And what I mean by that is if you leave island cover (or get stuck on ocean), you’re gonna struggle. They have pretty good AP and HE, and at later tiers have tremendous rates of fire  

KM Cruisers are a good line, ranging from the paper armored königsberg to the powerful Hindenburg. They have powerful AP (but horrid bounce angles), and anemic HE with good pen.

Both lines are excellent if played to their strengths, but will punish you (German to a lesser degree) if played incorrectly. 

Nuremberg has a higher rof, velocity and range at t6 than Seattle at t9. Nuremberg has a 6s reload without adrenaline rush and ~16.5km range and 4 banks of 6km torpedo tubes. 

10 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I can free xp to either the Dallas or the Nurnberg not both though. TIA

If you just want a t6 to grind credits and have fun but no further? Nuremberg is the best in slot for you.

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,383 battles
On 7/7/2018 at 10:06 AM, Crokodone said:

Nuremberg has a higher rof, velocity and range at t6 than Seattle at t9. Nuremberg has a 6s reload without adrenaline rush and ~16.5km range and 4 banks of 6km torpedo tubes. 

It's also a floating citadel. 
When played properly though, it's annoying cruiser, and the 1/4 HE pen hurts over time. Don't the shells have significant air drag though? They have range but, much like Akizuki, they lose that initial velocity fast.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I prefer KM. I found the USN CL challenging to play because of their armor scheme compared to KM. Also, Hindenburg, one of the best T10 cruisers in the game.

[-GPF-]
Members
768 posts
4,107 battles

KM cruisers are the first line I started and completed, and it is still me favorite. All around great durable, heavy-hitting ships.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,013 posts
4,848 battles

Germany has the best cruisers hands down, they are perfectly balanced with firepower and armor....Hinderburg is arguably the best ship in the game. 

Learn that line and you can take on Yammy's and fear no evil.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,460 posts
12,810 battles

I prefer the KM cruisers.  USN CLs don't impress me much.

[90THB]
Members
131 posts
18,823 battles

Two different styles of gameplay. If you only have time for one, German.