Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

My Review of Indianapolis

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,854
[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles
10 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Mind elaborating?

I had heard the Indy can eat pens, and citadel hits like crazy, and no joke about it doing that. Also the paint is mixed with kerosene and her combat performance is lacking. But at least she was free for me to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
405
[SOFOP]
Members
755 posts
6,831 battles

Does she at least sort of print credits?  I'm not expecting like tirpitz printing....but I'm hoping for something good.  I need credits badly.  T6 molotov does well but figure the t7 would be a decent bit better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
[STW-M]
Members
2,959 posts
7,014 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I had heard the Indy can eat pens, and citadel hits like crazy, and no joke about it doing that. Also the paint is mixed with kerosene and her combat performance is lacking. But at least she was free for me to get.

It's basically a slightly more armored and slightly less maneuverable Pensacola with radar (although since it's not anywhere close to Indianapolis's detection range, you have to be fairly careful about its use).

Luckily, Pensacola has been pretty good to me, so here's to hoping Indianapolis will be just as good.

 

 

Indianapolis (Warship Girls).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,441 posts
8,267 battles
2 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Does she at least sort of print credits?  I'm not expecting like tirpitz printing....but I'm hoping for something good.  I need credits badly.  T6 molotov does well but figure the t7 would be a decent bit better.

it is so so.  if you have a really good game, maybe 400-500k without premium and maybe 700k with.   the more flags and camo to boost income, the better. 

 

it sure isn't a mo tho which is my main money maker.  I can make in one game in the mo i could in 2-4 decent games in the indy.  a real time saver when i can only get a few games in a day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,854
[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles

Indy will likely end up being a money maker ship for me in tier 7 operations and be pulled from my Randoms Fleet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,854
[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If there is nothing to shoot over she is kind of lame.

I think this ^ is my problem with Indy is I am not the type of player to sit there and just shoot over the top of an island the entire battle. If I sink of damage somebody it is because I came out and fought them. ( or sent planes out to find and sink them lol) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
[STW-M]
Members
2,959 posts
7,014 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I think this ^ is my problem with Indy is I am not the type of player to sit there and just shoot over the top of an island the entire battle. If I sink of damage somebody it is because I came out and fought them. ( or sent planes out to find and sink them lol) 

Personally, I usually act as a sort of support fire/cruiser (usually close to a friendly battleship) and destroyer hunter. It's hilarious how many people think "oh, it's just a Pensacola/Indianapolis" and turn broadside, exposing themselves to those brutal AP salvos. Islands are nice, but Pensacola doesn't exactly have the arcs to shoot over them like Cleveland or the other USN Cls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
167
[BSL]
Members
907 posts
15,398 battles

Decent AP with paper armor.

Sold her and Santa gave her back.:cap_happy:

 

And yes, finished the Marathon yesterday...because it was there...:cap_yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,999
[ARGSY]
Members
10,294 posts
6,746 battles

Indy is strange. She feels more nimble out of the box than either Pensa or NO, she has NO's gun layout, she feels really comfortable to use, and I haven't even put upgrades or a strong captain in her yet.

Yes, when you get hit you get hit hard. But she's FUN. The gunnery just feels better for some reason.

I fully accept that I may subconsciously be trying to justify all the effort I put into winning her, and I know my experience in her is thus far limited. But I certainly don't feel that the effort was not worthwhile.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,854
[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Indy is strange. She feels more nimble out of the box than either Pensa or NO, she has NO's gun layout, she feels really comfortable to use, and I haven't even put upgrades or a strong captain in her yet.

Yes, when you get hit you get hit hard. But she's FUN. The gunnery just feels better for some reason.

I fully accept that I may subconsciously be trying to justify all the effort I put into winning her, and I know my experience in her is thus far limited. But I certainly don't feel that the effort was not worthwhile.

Lol as last resort the ship is worth 5.6 million credits if sold...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,999
[ARGSY]
Members
10,294 posts
6,746 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol as last resort the ship is worth 5.6 million credits if sold...

After the effort I put in to win this ship, it'll be a cold day in hell before I sell her. Same goes for Vampire, Varyag, Tachi Lima and the T5 and T6 French battleships. Everything that came out of a crate or competition and every premium I buy, win or otherwise obtain (e.g. coal, gift) stays in my port forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
167
[BSL]
Members
907 posts
15,398 battles
14 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol as last resort the ship is worth 5.6 million credits if sold...

Don't sell Premiums, or Santa will get you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
137
[USCG]
Members
364 posts
14,556 battles

I paid $3.00 for mine (I think it was a $3.00 Santa crate...) and still think I over paid. Still, I banked some credits (was hoping for doubloons), a six-point captain and a port slot. I’ve also been doing the Indianapolis (1 game ever 3 days) missions for cruiser crates. Good thing I only have to play, not win...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
328 posts
6,179 battles

Indy does have the ability to give solid credits. I had a 4 frag 117k damage game in her and made about 650k credits. Those games are very few and far between though.  Ironically, playing the new Pensacola (which i think is great) has made me dust off my indy and take her out at least once a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
328 posts
6,179 battles
15 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

PVE is the only place Indianapolis will be fine in.  You should have seen it last Tier VII Ranked, albeit a long time ago.

DAzDYie.jpg

Only ship worse than Indianapolis was Pre-Nerf Ranger :Smile_teethhappy:

It’s amazing how many of those are sub 50%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,196
[WOLF3]
Members
19,318 posts
17,665 battles
2 minutes ago, gmrbull said:

It’s amazing how many of those are sub 50%

Ranked is pretty harsh.  Also, lots of things have changed or added to the game since last VII Ranked.  Indianapolis, not really.

 

I still remember people praising Shiratsuyu for dealing with the smoke camping ships.  Incidentally, she got nerfed immediately, harshly right after that Ranked Season to never recover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,854
[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Don't sell Premiums, or Santa will get you.

Yeah I never sell premiums, except 1 Tank in WOTB Wargaming love to gift us occasionally, the Russian version of M3 Light. That thing is horrifically bad as US tank, and then they had it in Soviet use in game which means nerf the dispersion and pen. And that tank was meant as light infrantry support so yeah it was a really bad tier III. Other than that I never sell a premium tank or ship, often too hard to get. Plus you never know when they might be useful if they are not useful right away.

As for Santa, I have already receiving shipments of Coal... :cap_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×