Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Panzer1113

Solo and MM

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,632 posts
13,964 battles

While I generally love the game and have spent a bit of money to support - I am truly getting tired of MM treatment of a Solo player.  Started the evening deciding to play a ship I have not played in a while - the Pensacola - not played it much since split - decided to take it out related to Indi missions this weekend - was quickly tiered up into a tier 8 game.  Ok I thought, guess I will play a couple of Missouri and Musashi  games (which were meh).  Decided to take out the Bismark after that got thisshot-18_07_06_21_06.42-0305.thumb.jpg.91009c5da4add5e9a878a74f80f7617a.jpg

Really, why is my tier 8 in this match.  After that thought, guess I will drop down to tier 6 - play Warspite, got this

shot-18_07.06_21_17.55-0170.thumb.jpg.22a683f70cf971e7a868263b948eeec6.jpg

Generally, I would not have a problem if as a Solo, I got some kind of even split between bottom, mid and high tier in games - but I am really sick of the number of times as a Solo, I get dropped in as a low tier filler.  I have just about every premium and tier 10 ship, but I like to jump around between tiers and BB/DD/Cruisers - but this has gotten very old.

• Cool 4

[WOLF4]
Members
1,420 posts
3,174 battles

I'm right there with you. It has gotten to the point where if i'm not playing with decent players in a division its just too frustrating to watch your team mates die in the first 5 mins and know you are basically screwed. There's a long time till the end of the match. Even 10 mins in those circumstances feels like an eternity just so you can pick another ship and roll the dice again. Screw that noise.

There's a reason i picked a good clan.

Edited by xalmgrey

[INTEL]
Members
9,807 posts
27,863 battles
16 hours ago, Panzer1113 said:

While I generally love the game and have spent a bit of money to support - I am truly getting tired of MM treatment of a Solo player.  Started the evening deciding to play a ship I have not played in a while - the Pensacola - not played it much since split - decided to take it out related to Indi missions this weekend - was quickly tiered up into a tier 8 game.  Ok I thought, guess I will play a couple of Missouri and Musashi  games (which were meh).  Decided to take out the Bismark after that got thisshot-18_07_06_21_06.42-0305.thumb.jpg.91009c5da4add5e9a878a74f80f7617a.jpg

Really, why is my tier 8 in this match.  After that thought, guess I will drop down to tier 6 - play Warspite, got this

shot-18_07.06_21_17.55-0170.thumb.jpg.22a683f70cf971e7a868263b948eeec6.jpg

Generally, I would not have a problem if as a Solo, I got some kind of even split between bottom, mid and high tier in games - but I am really sick of the number of times as a Solo, I get dropped in as a low tier filler.  I have just about every premium and tier 10 ship, but I like to jump around between tiers and BB/DD/Cruisers - but this has gotten very old.

Sick of it too. There's no excuse for it. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Tiers 5, 6, and 8 get shafted pretty regularly by MM...my Richelieu has seen about a dozen tier 10 games in a row.  But I don't think it has anything to do with playing solo or not.

When frustrated you can also guarantee top tier by playing your tier 10s.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[TBW]
Members
7,401 posts
13,567 battles

I am with you all, tier 8 in a tier 10 match may be really great for some people and it's not that I can't do well. It would just be nice to be top tier in a ship equally to being bottom. I say forget the middle tier all together, if it must be there though, it should get it's equal share too. The two tier system works at 3 and 4, why would it not work for the rest of the tiers.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,420 posts
3,174 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I am with you all, tier 8 in a tier 10 match may be really great for some people and it's not that I can't do well. It would just be nice to be top tier in a ship equally to being bottom. I say forget the middle tier all together, if it must be there though, it should get it's equal share too. The two tier system works at 3 and 4, why would it not work for the rest of the tiers.

One of the weakest arguments against this i've seen is lack of variety of ships to fight. Like that would make a difference. +1 in tier would be a lot less painful than +2. There's a lot of difference between two tiers.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
12,334 battles

You were simply the filling in the middle of the sandwich.

[TBW]
Members
7,401 posts
13,567 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

You were simply the filling in the middle of the sandwich.

More like the piece of bread that has the air pocket hole in it and when you bite into the sandwitch, the mayo squeezes out the hole like a popped zit.

[VW]
Members
2,429 posts
14,253 battles

It is boring and seems to be the main reason wg cant get new players to stick around past tier 6.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,222 posts
17,579 battles

Tier VIII is fine, but Tier V & VI get shafted due to MM Protection of Tier IV.  So there's really nowhere for V & VI to go in MM but V-VII matches (for Tier V) or V-VIII matches (for Tier VI).  Tier VIII is fine as it actually gets to stomp on Tier VI, like exactly what OP is complaining about.

Guys that stick to Tier V & VI got a real case to complain about MM, but not VIII.  VIII has a chance to flex dominance, but still has to pay the piper in a Tier X.  Tier V & VI ships don't get that luxury.

Beta Testers
4,292 posts

My recommendation is that if you're not running a T10 ship, always division with a friend or preferably two. The experience gets more enjoyable, there's at least 3 guaranteed same tier targets to shoot at and hunt should you be bottom tier, the coordination will increase your chances of winning or having a better game overall. And if you're running a T10 ship, division anyway, because divisions in this game are 99% of the time better than going solo.

Playing solo in this game is currently not really worth it.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,708 posts
9,439 battles

Maybe it's me, but more people are playing their T10s because Halsey missions and now legendary modules.

Sign in to follow this