Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Everyone probably already knows this but...

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

731
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Did you know you can blast your horn in port? 

 

Doesn't have the steam whistle effect that you get in game... but you can hear it. 

Discovered by accident and it's been a long day- so... 

 

Anyway, enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,609
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,370 posts
10,928 battles

Interesting but from my super quick test the whistle/horn you get in game is what you get in port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71
[-SYN-]
Members
218 posts
4,509 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Interesting but from my super quick test the whistle/horn you get in game is what you get in port.

I think he means the white steam blast from the stack that happens in game, not the sound being different.

In game when you use it, you'll have steam fired off near the stacks. In port, I think that effect is missing. Just a cosmetic change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,243 battles

Yeah.  Curious how ships of the same class have noticeably different horns.  Can't say for other nations, but at least with the US ships sisters should have very close, if not identical horns.

-R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,718
[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles

I'm waiting for a song to be done by ships in the training room. I wonder if there is a full octave of notes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,783 posts
1 hour ago, _ENO_ said:

Did you know you can blast your horn in port? 

 

Doesn't have the steam whistle effect that you get in game... but you can hear it. 

Discovered by accident and it's been a long day- so... 

 

Anyway, enjoy!

Yea I posted a video of it on the forums quite some time ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,609
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,370 posts
10,928 battles
2 hours ago, TheGreyGhost91 said:

I think he means the white steam blast from the stack that happens in game, not the sound being different.

In game when you use it, you'll have steam fired off near the stacks. In port, I think that effect is missing. Just a cosmetic change. 

Ah, that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,522
[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

I just discovered a wonderful secret about aiming battleship guns. Not other ship types' guns, just battleships.  Kinda discovered that by accident, too.

...and no, I'm not going to spoil it by pointing it out here, but I think others who use this "method" know what I'm talking about.  Teehee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
731
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
39 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Ah, that makes sense.

Yeah that was what I meant. You can't "see it" but you can hear it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×